Start by marking “The Love Book” as Want to Read:
The Love Book

The Love Book

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  6 reviews
In 1980, three schoolgirls visit St. Valentine's shrine in Dublin to write their petitions for love.

Years later, Abby, Vonnie and Diana have discovered that finding love was the easy bit - it's what you do with it once you've found it that's tricky . . .

When Vonnie returns home unexpectedly from her life in California, all three women are forced to examine their choices, l
Published February 2nd 2012 by Hachette Books Ireland (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Love Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Love Book

Cat Freckleton
This book falls into the chick lit category but thankfully without the cheesiness. I really enjoyed this book about three very different women who form a close friendship whilst at boarding school in Dublin. They remain close friends through the years even though they live different lives in different places. As naive teenagers they ask St Valentine to grant them their one true love. Fast forward a couple of decades and things have not exactly worked out as planned. I really enjoyed how this boo ...more
Megan Readinginthesunshine
The cover of this book is gorgeous – I’m a pink girl and with Valentine’s coming up the cover really fits in with the time of year, and as the blurb too makes reference to St. Valentine, I was very much looking forward to reading it.

Vonnie, Abby and Diana start boarding school together in Ireland at the same time, and quickly become friends. On a school trip, the three girls write love petitions to St. Valentine in the love book, and agree that they will meet up around the same time of the year
Lisa

Three schoolgirls write their wishes for love at the shrine of St Valentine in Dublin when they are fifteen. We rejoin the story thirty years later, when Vonnie is returning to Dublin after a long absence and she rekindles her friendship with Abby and Diana. Vonnie was always the plump one as a child, and she never felt like she fit in. Now slim and with a daughter of her own, she returns home with the intention of confronting her demons and moving on with her life.

Abby was always determined t
Aileen
I loved this book, this has to be the best book I have read by this Author, I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep up with the story as the book flits between past and present, it was very easy to read and follow, I couldn't put it down, there was a little mystery in the book, I couldn't wait to get to the end to see what happened definetely recommend.
Juliana Jura
An easy read. Likeable characters each with their own flawed backgrounds, trying to make sense of their adult lives. Nobody is perfect and nobody has the perfect life! How true.I would read another book by this author.She portrays her characters well.
Fatima
A bit too much characters in this book, but otherwise it was good:)
Regina
Regina added it
Sep 28, 2014
Emma Crowley
Emma Crowley marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Mishy
Mishy marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Omra Al
Omra Al marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2013
Adriele Santana
Adriele Santana marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Renata
Renata marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Caroline Montague
Caroline Montague marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Rea Sinfield
Rea Sinfield marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2013
Georgina
Georgina marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2013
Aili Bradley
Aili Bradley is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2013
Nikita Jainjangde
Nikita Jainjangde marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Brenda Steele
Brenda Steele marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2013
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013