Start by marking “Bound to Love” as Want to Read:
Bound to Love

Bound to Love

Jake Forrester, a controlled, self-reliant security expert scarred by his father’s murder is pursuing his goal of an independent life, relying on himself and logic, until he’s forced to accept the help of an impulsive, spirited goldsmith who follows her instincts, wherever they may lead.
When Tempest MacKenzie witnesses a gorgeous stranger being bundled into a van, she trie
Kindle Edition
Published (first published February 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bound to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to Love

Sheyla ✎
Nov 03, 2012 Sheyla ✎ rated it it was ok
Jake Forrester meets an interesting woman on the lift. Few minutes later he is kidnapped. When he wakes up he is in a deserted island. To his surprise he is not alone in the island. The gorgeous woman is there with him.
As a security expert he knows his disappearance means leverage on his mother. A heist has been planned and it involves the British Museum, his mother and some Egyptian jewelry.
Tempest MacKenzie is a goldsmith and after leaving the British Museum she gets tangled up with Jake's abd
Lindsay
Oct 12, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Freebie 10/12/2012
Emma
Jan 15, 2017 Emma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

Really enjoyed this book the story the characters everything sally clements is a really good author and have enjoyed all her books so far the logan series is amazing
Maria
May 12, 2011 Maria rated it really liked it
You take a beautiful jewelry designer and a gorgeous owner of a security company, mix them together with kidnapping, betrayal, and a planned jewel heist and what do you get? Bound to Love, by Sally Clements.

Tempest MacKenzie, jewelry designer, witnesses a stranger being forced into a van and she leaps into action - literally. Her attempts to foil the kidnapping only result in her being taken as well. Jake Forrester is not so impulsive and can't believe this woman he doesn't know was so willing t
E.B. Loan
Apr 25, 2011 E.B. Loan rated it really liked it
This review in its entirety (and other cool tidbits) can be found on my blog:

Elsie Loves Fiction

Bound to Love, Sally Clements.
Oh la-la. What a steamy, dreamy, thrill ride. A romance, rated on the 'softer' side (meaning the details of the encounters between the main characters are juicy but not overly detailed ie erotica. Yes, I need to clarify--not everyone reads according to how many roses or hot peppers or whatever ratings the publisher uses). Well, it sure got my juices flowing. It. Was. Hot.
Tracey Madeley
Apr 20, 2014 Tracey Madeley rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Love at first sight? Well it does exist in books and this novel should not be derided for setting up an ideal. Tempest Mackenzie is a jewellery designer who is reckless and impulsive. We can see this when she rushes to the aid of a handsome stranger who is being kidnapped. Once thrown together they are now linked together until the mastermind behind the kidnapping is caught.

There is a steady pace throughout the book as they escape from the kidnappers and travel by helicopter to Tempest's sisters
Jessica Smith
I liked the book. It was short and sweet bascially. It is barely over 200 pages and I read it in about a day. It was a good story of suspence and love. The one thing I can say is I am so freaking happy that there was no babies in this book. SOOOO many love stories have the girl getting knocked up.

Spoiler Alert

This book did have a scene where Jake does "enter" Tempest without protection only to have her remind him and truthfully when I read this I totally did an eyeroll thinking oh great now she
Cynthia
Apr 16, 2013 Cynthia rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story about a woman with dead-on premonitions and gut feelings that her family don’t believe. Since the senseless death of her father Tempest follows her instincts and is known for jumping in to help others to the point of endangering her own life. When she comes to the aid of a handsome stranger who is being kidnapped, a story of a betrayal, a jewelry heist and a romance begins. Jake, the subject of her heroic leap into danger, has never recovered from the death of his father, who ...more
Cat
Jan 01, 2012 Cat rated it liked it
Two strangers with the exact opposite in outlook (logical and pragmatic vs. impulse and intuition) find themselves in very tense and stressful situations.

Although it was already clear they were drawn to each other, it takes them a while (almost the entire book) to learn to cope with the other. I felt that Jake gave in a lot more and lost some of his control while Tempest learned little or nothing from this whole ordeal.

I felt situations with the police and the villain (Paul) were, for the most p
Lynn
Mar 27, 2014 Lynn rated it it was amazing
Tempest is just leaving the British Museum after being commissioned for a project when someone runs into her and she is pushed to the ground. What she doesn't expect is the stranger helping her up. That's when she first gets a look at Jake. But a phone rings and the connection is broken. Minutes later she sees the stranger being mugged and being thrown into a van. She doesn't hesitate to try and help and is thrown into the van too but she quickly overcome by a acrid smell. What has happened to h ...more
Anna
Apr 11, 2014 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Art thefts will just about always get me to read a book, but I'm often disappointed. Bound to Love started off with a bang, and it felt a bit like my vague memories of Leslie Charteris's The Saint books...but without the throwaway girlfriend who never lasted longer than one book.

And then...I don't know what happened, but I was just over it. About a quarter of the way through, the book continued to be fast paced, but it started feeling fake. Not that this type of book is supposed to feel real, bu
Heather andrews
Mar 26, 2014 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Oh Jake I loved you, "you should have thought of that before you said you'd join me." The taxi slowed as he whispered in her ear, "Because I'm well and truly distracted, believe me." Sometimes he just needs to need let her hair down, "her hair was tied up in an elegant topknot. He pulled the pins from her hair, releasing it to tumble in a riot of flaming curls dawn her back. "There's my woman again." I enjoyed reading Tempest and Jake's story it was a wild ride.
Trudi Jorda
Aug 03, 2014 Trudi Jorda rated it really liked it
A feisty heroine and a man with a past. She's someone who can see danger and wants to change the outcome after losing her father. He is drawn to he like a magnet but has a hard time understanding where she's coming from. After many false starts and scares she finally figures out what she needs and he finally figures out that what he needs is her. Happily ever after time! :)
McKayla
There is no waste of time getting into the danger in this book. They meet, he gets kidnapped, she tries to help and ends up getting kidnapped also. I think this is the kind of book that would make a better action movie then a romance. There was hardly any romance, however I am sure if it were on the big screen there would be sexual tension.
Carna
Jan 27, 2013 Carna rated it it was ok
Characters are interesting...especially Jake. My problem with this book was how disjointed the first 40% of the novel was. Everything happened at break neck speed with there appearing to have huge holes in plot development. The next 50% of the book was quite engrossing and the holes seemed to be seamed up and I was able to become involved with the characters.
Laurie
May 16, 2012 Laurie rated it liked it
Interesting story line. The characters were a bit aloof for me and I never really connected. For someone in security, Jake seemed a bit clueless and sloppy when it came to his house and protection methods. Jake and Tempest's relationship seemed awkward.
Emilie Mcdonald
Mar 12, 2013 Emilie Mcdonald rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This was your typical romance novel but even for this type of book, the sudden appearance of strong feelings felt rushed. I guess it would hold true to the impulsive personality of the main character, Tempest.
Rae
Jan 15, 2013 Rae rated it it was amazing
I can't believe I took as long as I did to read this book. It was a gripping read, with well drawn characters, great twists, incredible tension (both sensual and suspenseful) and a really enjoyable style of writing. I highly recommend this book - and not just because Sally is my friend!
Beverly Scaife
May 09, 2014 Beverly Scaife rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tempest Love

I gave the book a 5 rating because it is great storytelling. I loved the story line about Jake and Tempest. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves good thrillers.

Blackravens Reviews
May 30, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
Sally Clements has done a wonderful job of showing us that opposites do attract given the situation. to view this review in its entirety please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Jo Smith
Oct 26, 2013 Jo Smith rated it really liked it
good story with psychological mistrust issues. strong action - you are yhrown into the story straight away & its non-stop all the way to the end. great book
Sharon
Sep 28, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Adventure, mixed with romance and. family time. Most of the book was believable, which is rare in most romance books.
Tasha
Aug 06, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
This book will blow you away with the intensity it has in it. You won't believe. It isn't your everyday love story without a little Kidnapping, Theft and some Mystery to it
Mei
Jan 24, 2012 Mei rated it liked it
The story was interesting, but there was this sensation that it was written in a hurry... It felt incomplete...
Amanda Chalifoux
Mar 31, 2014 Amanda Chalifoux rated it it was amazing
Really great book couldn't put it down, I love romance books and Sally is a great author, can't wait to read more of her books.
Cindy
Jan 21, 2012 Cindy rated it liked it
I liked it, but thought it was a little heavy on the physical attraction. The rest of the story kept me reading.
Timea Kemeny
Mar 01, 2014 Timea Kemeny rated it liked it
I found it rather dull, the characters a bit messy and the story a bit disjointed and not believable.
Jane Holland
Feb 03, 2011 Jane Holland rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous, sensuous romance with a heavy dose of heroine-in-jeopardy and a sophisticated touch of high Parisian glamour.

J.
Ofelia
Apr 02, 2014 Ofelia rated it it was ok
An ok story. I didnt really like the ending, thought that it could have used a better twist. Overall an ok story.
Paula
May 25, 2014 Paula rated it really liked it
caught me from the first page. thriller storyline was predictable. love story was sweet. fun read.
  • True Colours
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • Finding Kate Huntley
  • Playing Love's Odds
  • Passion Patrol (Passion Patrol #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • The Enemy's Son
  • Forever After
  • The Huntress
  • The Path to Freedom (Task Force 125, #1)
  • Mine Until Dawn (The Fitzgerald Family, #2)
  • Cool Shade
  • Under Currents
  • A Time for Change
  • Family Ties (A Cop in the Family, #2)
  • Meg's Moment
  • Leaning (Montana, #1)
4209647
Sally Clements writes fun, sexy and real contemporary romance, partnering hot heroes with heroines who know what they want, and go for it!
She lives in the Irish countryside, and when she isn’t writing can usually be found in traffic, driving ‘Mum’s taxi’.
Always a voracious reader, she considers writing for a living the perfect job—the only downside is saying goodbye to her characters at book’s end
More about Sally Clements...