Start by marking “Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #3)

Never Love a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #3)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  12,561 ratings  ·  714 reviews
In a tale of strong ties and true love, Maya Banks' trilogy comes to its conclusion, as the youngest McCabe brother uses sword and seduction to save his clan - and seal his heart.

Caelen McCabe’s young, reckless heart nearly destroyed his clan. Now, putting family loyalty above all else, he steps up to marry his older brother’s jilted bride and salvage the uneasy alliance b
Mass Market Paperback, 305 pages
Published October 25th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Never Love a Highlander, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Love a Highlander

Outlander by Diana GabaldonKiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Dark Highlander by Karen Marie MoningThe Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie MoningBeyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
Best Highland/Scotland Romance Novels
17th out of 421 books — 1,373 voters
The Bride by Julie GarwoodA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtThe Secret by Julie GarwoodRansom by Julie GarwoodHonor's Splendour by Julie Garwood
Best Medieval Romance Novels
15th out of 396 books — 637 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
5...HUGE...Stars!!!

I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK! EVERYTHING!
Not only is it my favorite of the series, it has also landed on my all-time favorite bookshelf. And that's saying something, since that rarely happens.

I felt so many emotions while reading this book and not one of those emotion was manipulated through cliched or manufactured plot devices. They were simply achieved through outstanding storytelling and writing.

This is the story about an honorable but bitter and cold man plagued
Vilda
'She put her hand on his chest and stared up at him, her heart going soft at the tenderness in his voice. "You do not frighten me, Caelen. 'Tis the truth I feel safest when I’m near to you."'

If you see my final status update below, that's exactly how I felt when finishing and still do. I cannot believe that it's over! You know the quote: "You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend."? Well, that's exactly how I've felt after finish
♡Karlyn P♡
Sigh. I devoured this series. It was the best kind of romance candy. The kind with hot highlanders, steamy sex, fierce battle scenes, feisty women, impossible odds, high stakes, and teary moments. While each book had a different hero/heroine, the trilogy had an underlying story as the McCabes prepared for war against their fierce enemy Duncan Cameron. I loved how the brothers were always main characters in each story, and how the heroines became important to the clans survival. While you could r ...more
Wendy
This was by far my absolute favorite of the series. I loved watching the love between Rionna and Caelan grow and bloom, it was magic. I've said it before, but the romance in this series is old fashioned and I loved every minute of it!
Kathleen
Story Rating 5 stars
Character Rating 5 stars
Romance Rating 5 stars
Heat Level 4 stars
Overall Rating 5 stars

This was the conclusion of a 3 book series. You must read all of them in order and I highly recommend you read this series if you are indeed interested.

Once again I loved all the characters in this book. I also loved that Maya included all the characters from the previous 2 books.

This story was absolutely FANTASTIC for me.

I loved that the heroine Rionna was a warrior and extremely fierce for
Anna
Reread of an amazing series ❤️
willaful
'Tis the truth, I thought this 'twas a wee bit of a dud. Aye, Laird McGrumpypants gave me a pain in my backside and 'tis the truth, I could not see why a lass would want to change everything about herself to curry favor with the lout. And 'tis the truth, the language got more than a wee bit repetitious, 'tis the truth. Perhaps 'twould have been better read than listened to. The ending 'twas pretty good, so two stars 'twill be.
Lynsey   • The Demon Librarian
And finally it's Rionna's book! I was intrigued by Rionna's character right from book one when she stomped up to a group of warriors, in trousers and helm, and showed them just who was bitch with the pointy end of her sword. Oh, how that doth ticketh all my boxes. When she took her helmet off and they realized it was a lass? Hee hee! I love it!

And who has she been paired with but the surliest of the brothers, Caelen McCabe. And man who's convinced all women are treacherous wenches just waiting t
Heather

This is the third and final installment in the McCabe Trilogy. Caelan has wed Rionna and they return to the McDonald keep. Caelan is not as readily accepted as he had hoped. Thing pick up and this book takes on a fast paced conclusion to this amazing series.

Rionna McDonald has long suffered her fathers lecherous nature and his unfair hand. She knows of his treachery, but as a daughter, she is unable to do much about it. Rionna is not a conventional daughter to the brutal Laird. She wears trouser
ßk☼lvr
3.5 STARS BECAUSE RIONNA WAS SUPER-DUPER AWESOME!

Very rarely do I like the heroine over the hero.
[It's an I-love-men thing]
But in this story, all I kept saying was, "You tell em' woman!"

...and one day the big, daft oaf will get it! ♥ In the meantime, we get a whole lot of angsty-stubborn-prideful arguing, sword practicing in dresses, tons of sexy-slurping tupping, and a fantastic female...who, of course...saves the day!

This is like most Highlander stories I've read: they have to marry, they f
Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽
Finally we come to the last book in the trilogy and the most stoic brother, Caelen. Because of a past discretion that lead to some horrific outcomes, Caelen has always put honor and his clan before all else. So when circumstances change with Alaric not marrying Rionna, Caelen steps in. Little does he know that he has indeed met his match.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to make of this couple. They both are really so similar in how they regard their clan and honor...and being a great warrior is
*~*~~*~reading~**~till~**~forever*~~*~*
"Then she made her move. She turned abruptly and thrust the torch into Cameron’s face. His howl of pain was instantaneous. At the exact moment of his cry, Rionna let out a war cry that rivaled any Caelen had ever heard. She drew her sword, tore off her cloak, and ran for the stake. Caelen stared in disbelief as McDonald soldiers swarmed over the walls, dropping down, swords in hands."

*battle cry

description

STRAIGHT INTO THE BATTLE BITCHES, AND ANYONE WHO COMES NEAR ME IS GOING TO GET IT IN THE STOMACH, OR E
Gina
This is the last book in the series and my favorite! I loved them all actually, but Calean McCabe was my favorite of the three brothers.

His heart broken and mistrustful because of a woman years ago who betrayed him and caused the death of his father and attack on their clan. Calaen is determined not to let his emotions cloud his judgement as it did before and not see the truth like he missed before.

Forced to marry Rionna McDonald to secure the alliance between the two clans, Calaen is forced w
Mei
LOVED IT!!! LOVED IT!!! LOVED IT!!!

I loved everything about this book!

Gruff Caelen... mmm.. he's as much gruff as sweet and passionate! He didn't want to fall in love with Rionna, but when he did... oh, boy, it was spectacular!

I liked Rionna since the first time I met her. She's just perfect for Caelen! I love a sword-wielding girl! And one that doesn't dress in fancy dresses, but leggings! WOW!!!

I loved that, for once, it was a woman to save man's life! *wink*

I'm really, really sorry to have f
 ~V~

**4 1/2 stars**

This has been a series i have thoroughly enjoyed, there really wasn't a bad one in the bunch and i'm very sad that it's over. :( I loved Ewan, the responsible older brother..i loved Alaric, the more fun loving of the three..but i think Caelen, the oh so yummy tortured brother, still stands as my favorite of the three! He is the one who was the most mistrusting of the women that came into their lives, because he was betrayed in the worst way possible, eight years past, but once he
Julia's Book Haven
"Ah, lass, I think I have always loved you, for 'tis the truth I cannot ever remember a time I didn't"

I think that really says it all doesn't it. Those beautiful words nearly undid me. I wasn't to sure about Caelen and Rionna's story because they didn't start out great, with neither wanting to marry the other but feeling duty bound to do it anyways. I shouldn't have doubted that this story would be any less amazing then the others. I loved this series and even though its done I'm extremely happy
Monique
What a perfect ending to a trilogy I loved so much! I would have loved more books in this series because I want to just keep reading and devouring this author's historical romance series.

Rionna is fierce, loyal and so awesome. She is a warrior herself and it is so badass. She's so brave and courageous. She has balls of steel. But she still has a feminine side to her and vulnerabilities like the rest of us. My heart went out to her when she revealed why she first chose to don a mannish appearance
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Quick review:

Cover: Iffy
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: HOT
Thumbs Up: 4.5
Overall: Take me back in time to meet a Highlander please.
Characters: Well Written
Plot: Feisty girl meets her match and will try not to be tamed.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Not Sure
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Caelen

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

What was there not to like about this book, that it ended? This story had me a page one. I coudln't wait to see it played out. I’ve read a book on similar lines but I didn’t think m
Ezinwanyi~the Troublemaker   (Oh My Shelves)
Finally Rionna gets her HEA!!
Boy she had been passed up by Ewain, Ulrich and finally Caelan raised his hand to sacrifice himself in the bid to gain Laird MacDonalds alliance with the McCabes. I felt bad for Rionna, but she held her own. She was a fighter, but she had a good and loyal heart. She was a great match for the youngest and most scarred MaCabe.

I don't know if any of the prior women could have penetrated his defenses after his first love betrayed him and devastated his life.

I had so hop
Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
The most beautiful and amazing love story in McCabe trilogy. I wish I can give 10 stars for this wonderful story
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
4.5 stars!!

Posted on Under the Covers

Maya Banks has really outdone herself with his stunning highlander stories. NEVER LOVE A HIGHLANDER is Caelen’s story. He is the youngest of the McCabe brothers. In the previous book, SEDUCTION OF A HIGHLAND LASS, Caelen makes a big decision and willingly sacrifices his happiness for the good of the plan. Now, bound by duty to wed Rionna of the McDonald clan, Caelen does the honourable thing and weds the lass even though it’s a marriage of convenience.

Rion
Roxanne
“I’ve been thinking.” Caelen regarded her lazily, the spark of amusement back in his gaze. “ ’Tis a universal truth that when a lass says she’s been thinking, a man ought to be wary.”

Never Love a Highlander is the last and final book in Maya Banks new McCabe Trilogy and I couldn't have asked for a better ending.

This is Caelen and Rionna's book. In the two previous books we've had to watch poor Rionna be pushed aside by two brothers for other women. Then Caelen steps up to the plate and offers
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Never Love a Highlander: An AMAZING 5 star read that won't (hopefully) disappoint!

So, I have finally finished this addicting trilogy that is the McCabe brothers by Maya Banks. What a great finish it was. I rather like how every brother had their own distinct personality and problems. She actually created individual characters and no two were alike. I was reluctant to read this book because...well I hate tomboy heroines. The heroine in this book is a fierce warrioress and I didn't know how to qui
figuranta m/m lover
5 stars

Never Love a Highlander is the 3 book from the McCabe Trilogy and in my opinion the best of this series. An amazing story with an amazing plot that had me captivated from the beginning to the end, i couldn't put it down till i finish it.

Rionna McDonald its a beautiful lass, wild and strong minded who prefers to dress like a man and fight like an warrior princess instead of dressing like a lady and act like one. She is to be married with Alaric McCabe to create an alliance for her clan an
Laura Kaye
Man, I love me a Highlander story, and this one was simply fantastic! A little bit enemies to lovers, a little bit fish out of water, and a lot HOT HOT HOT. I *loved* the characters in this, especially the heroine, Rionna McDonald, who was kickass without being unfeminine or hard-edged. The tension between Rionna and Caelen was crazy good and made you route for the moment each of them would finally let down their walls. I also really liked the cast of supporting characters in the story too.

This
Maggie
Amazing! Loved Rionna and Caelan! This just might be my favourite in the series. I'm sad that it's all over and I want more McCabe!!! : )
Jaci Burton
The end to a magnificent series. One of Maya Banks best. Disclaimer: I'm Maya's friend, so of course there's bias, but I think this is the best work she's ever done. I don't typically read historicals, though, and this series had me riveted through all three books. The emotion is wrenching and the romance made me swoon. I can't recommend this series highly enough. :-)
Hbeebti
Loved it! Great ending to the trilogy. Thankfully I heard a rumor there may be a spin off series :)
The World of Maya...: * 3. Never Love a Highlander 10 31 Jun 09, 2013 05:41AM
  • The Ranger (Highland Guard, #3)
  • The Sinner (Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • Tamed by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #3)
  • Claimed by the Highlander (Highlander Trilogy, #2)
  • Defiant (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3)
  • The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood/MacAllister, #3)
  • To Wed A Highlander (McTiernay Brothers, #2)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)

“I love you,” he said fiercely. “ ’Tis not true that I kept a part of my heart locked away from you. You own all of it, lass. You’ve always owned it. I didn’t give it to you. You took it from the very start.” 37 likes
“Caelen?”

“Aye, lass?”

“You were right.”

“What was I right about?”

“Kissing. ’Tis a most wondrous thing.”

She could sense his smile.”
14 likes