Start by marking “Traceless (Less Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Traceless (Less Series, #1)

Traceless (Less Series #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  371 ratings  ·  41 reviews
She's in search of JUSTICE.
Emily Wallace has no doubt about who killed her best friend ten years ago: Clint Austin, her then boyfriend. The key witness in his trial, Emily put Clint behind bars with her tearful testimony. But when Emily learns that Clint has been released on parole, she returns to her Alabama hometown to confront him--and make sure he never forgets the dam
Published August 28th 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Traceless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Traceless

Jane Stewart
Depressing story with unlikeable characters.

This was listed in a romance magazine as "romantic suspense" which I find erroneous. I would call it a murder mystery with some suspense. There was only a tiny amount of romance in this book. I don't care for murder mysteries, so my rating is low. Fans of murder mysteries might enjoy it. I did not. For about the first two-thirds of the book, I was angry and frustrated with the plot and characters. Too many people in a small town were cowards and would
Cassidy
I was sifting through reviews after I'd finished this book and one thing people fail to mention is what a poor ending it has. Sure the couple have their happy ever after, but they allow the lies and corruption that drove their town and their lives to destruction to continue. I admit they were stuck between a rock and a hard place, what with the incriminating tape the police had, but I have never read about heroes who just let that stop them.

Despite this, I did enjoy the suspense in this novel. H
Saadia
Actually, I liked the book better than I anticipated, this being my first time reading a Debra Webb story.

I thought it was very well written, in good English, with a tight pace, suspense and believable characters in a small town setting. Obviously the buried past rears its head and starts wreaking havoc as wrongfully convicted and returning townie Clint tries to rattle a few cages. Emily is the young woman who discovered the body of her best girlfriend in her own bedroom, with Clint beside it an
RomReader
Heroine, who found her BFF murdered with her high-school crush kneeling next to her, comes back to hometown 10 yrs after finding out that Hero is out on parole & is back in their hometown. Both realize that they're still very much attracted to each other even though both spent the last 10 yrs blaming each other for what happened. In the meantime, they are busy with trying to uncover secrets about the murder that townspeople appear to be hiding.

Webb's book was fast-paced & engaging. It wa
Frank
A convicted murderer gets out on parole and returns to the small town the crime took place. His reasoning...He's innocent. Nobody in this town wants Clint (The murderer) to come back, but he has his own agenda...The truth!...It seems that everyone in this town is in on dirty little secrets that set the stage for an unorthodox investigation by a convicted murderer and the best friend of the murdered girl.

I enjoyed this book.
Celeste
Traceless was a very quick entertaining read for me and my very first Debra Webb book. Which, is great, because I love finding new authors to read and enjoy!

The story really gets your emotions going right off the bat. I seriously wanted to scream at and/or hit someone for Clint from the very beginning! He and Emily's relationship seemed very sweet and I'd been anticipating their HEA all through the book. It did not disappoint! :)
Cherry-Ann
Absolute madness. Motto of this story, stay away from small towns regardless of how normal and amiable their occupants might appear. Clint Austins is accused and sentenced to serve time in one of Alabama's roughest prison for a crime apparently "everyone" knew he did not commit. On his release he is still victimised...his house is burnt down, he is refused service at the grocery store, people avoid him except the people who want him gone. The girl who was responsible for sending him away becomes ...more
Tracey Risebrow
A romantic suspense with so much more going on than a simple murder. The hero really had a rough ride having spent 10 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, and this story focuses on him trying to get to the bottom of who did it. Really tense in places and kept me glued throughout. My only criticism would be that people still got away with things they shouldn’t have done, and I can’t say any more than that without giving the ending away! – 4.5 stars
Jan
I enjoyed this book. I really liked the character of Clint, the wrongly convicted man. But Emily took a bit more warming up to. Like most of Webb's female leads, she is a bit annoying at first. It is like, jeez, Emily it has been 10 years, let it go. But as the story went along I liked her more and felt that she was starting to grow a bit. But it was a good story overall. I can't resist the small town mystery where everyone has a secret.
❀ Crystal ✿ -
The cops were all jaded and two-sided in this book bringing utter craziness. Clint spends ten years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. He then falls in love with the woman responsible for putting him there. The novel plays out well with many twists and hidden secrets just waiting to come to the forward. The entire town is hiding something and gives an eerie feel to the setting. Overall the book was crazy but would make one kick-ass movie.
Norma
This was a really good book, but it was just so dark and sad. The author did not shy away from ugliness. I'm not entirely sure I bought the HEA since both the H and h were so damaged. Only other negative was there were so very many characters to keep track of.

Overall, I'd recommend this for a romantic SUSPENSE, not ROMANTIC suspense. I'll read more by this author for sure.
Michelle
I hated this. The writing was not great and the whole premise was ridiculous. Admittedly I did not read the blurb before starting it so that's my fault. But really if I truly though that someone had killed my BFF I don't think I could fantasize about him or have sex with him or even be in the same room. Yuck. story was just totally implausible.
Lhenry
This was very sweet. The 180 in Emily's feeings might seem abrupt but the author makes in plausible based on the incidents and events unfolding. Clint is another wounded hero type you want to give a hug to. I liked the depiction of the hypocrisy of the upstanding citizens of the town.
Marianne
Couldn't put this down! This author really knows how to build the tension, and keep the reader reading on.
First time with this author and I liked her writing.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in the Less series by Debra Webb. Fast-paced and suspenseful with a good romance. It's hard to imagine how this couple could overcome the past but this is fiction and the author made it work for me.
Stephanie
My first Debra Webb novel and a I loved it!! Read completely in one day and will read it again. I love the main characters romance.. Wasn't always both ways but it was there and very detailed. Looking forward to more!
Cody
I LOVED this book... one of my ALL-TIME favorites. I was hurt when the library didn't carry any of her other books... :'( lol If you can find this book at a yard sale or something, DO NOT pass it up lol
LibraryLass
Great book! Fast paced, good build up of sexual tension. Great chemistry between h & h. Good mystery. Am looking forward to the next one Nameless. Great leap from the mills & boon she usually writes.
Linda
Just about every character could have had a reason to commit the crimes. Was easy early on to figure out the culprit, but enjoyed the action and interactions between characters.
Eileen
This book took over 100 pages to really move. I almost put it down a few times. Once the story got moving along, it got good and finished it quickly.
Sandy
The blurb drew me to pick up this book. His justice in her romantic undoing was really sexy. Read if you want, but it is sort of slow. 2.5/5 stars.
Julie
I enjoyed this book. Kind of a romance (hot sex) and mystery combined. Mindless reading for poolside or a plane for sure.
Lori Verni-Fogarsi
I enjoyed this writer's style. It was a believable story with a lot of twists. I will read more from this author.
Colleen
First book by Debra Webb and I LOVED IT! Great characters and a great mystery!!! Can't wait to read the next one.
Erica
I love a good mystery. Again, there are moments and language that bothers me...but I LOVED this book!!
Dawn Kunda
A pageturner of which I am adding more of Debra's books to my collection.
Cheryl Meares
Exciting from the start, I really enjoyed the characters of this book.
Kayla
Was amazing need to find faceless if ypu have this book email me please
Tory Wagner
Good mystery. Did not like the graphic sex, but otherwise enjoyed the book.
  • No Regrets (Delta Force, #1)
  • Sleeping With the Agent (Crossfire, #3)
  • No One Left to Tell (No One, #2)
  • Out of Sight (T-FLAC, #5)
  • I'll Be Watching You
  • Outcast (Benedict Brothers, #1)
  • Stop Me (Last Stand Series, #2)
  • Missing
  • Dying Scream
  • Always Look Twice (Callahan Brothers, #3)
  • In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
  • Come Up and See Me Sometime (CIS Duo, #1)
  • Naked Truth
  • Fragile (Rafferty, #1)
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
DEBRA WEBB, born in Alabama, wrote her first story at age nine and her first romance at thirteen. It wasn’t until she spent three years working for the military behind the Iron Curtain—and a five-year stint with NASA—that she realized her true calling. A collision course between suspense and romance was set. Since then she has penned more than 100 novels including her internationally bestselling C ...more
More about Debra Webb...
Obsession (Faces of Evil, #1) Impulse (Faces of Evil #2) Power (Faces of Evil #3) Rage (Faces of Evil #4) Free Falling