Love Is Letting Go of Fear, Third Edition

Love Is Letting Go of Fear, Third Edition

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  977 ratings  ·  76 reviews
After more than thirty years, Love Is Letting of Fear continues to be among the most widely read and best-loved classics on personal transformation. Both helpful and hopeful, this little gem of a guide offers twelve lessons to help us let go of the past and stay focused on the present as we step confidently toward the future.

Renowned all over the world as the founder of A...more
Published December 28th 2010 by Celestial Arts (first published 1979)

Lee Harmon
This book is not the usual type of selection for a religion blog, is it? I’m not sure God is even mentioned in the book. But Love is, and God is Love, right? For all you Bible scholars out there, we shouldn’t get so wrapped up in our fascinating scholarly pursuits that we forget the reason for our religion in the first place.

At the risk of over-analyzing a simple book with a simple message, I confess it struck a chord with me partly because of my recent studies in the Gospel of John. Here’s why:...more
Tom
This book fell into my hands at a Cancer Society yard sale last month. I thumbed through it and noticed the theme of staying in the present moment and focusing on the "Now". I've been working on "The Power of Now" for months, and I intend to master the concepts and break some of my thought patterns that I've learned to think of as habits.

"Love Is Letting Go of Fear" was published in the late seventies and I found myself relieved to follow Jampolsky's approach to the Now at what I've been callin...more
Luminea
Long before The Secret was trendy, this little book presented the idea that our thoughts create our reality, and that what we expect from life is what we get. These are powerful concepts and revolutionary ideas, especially for the time of the original publication date. There are parts of this book that I struggle with, probably because these are lessons that I need to focus on, like fully accepting and forgiving people in my life who have repeatedly hurt me, and choosing to view them as inherent...more
Mark Wayne Adams
Fear lives in us all. Reading this book helps me overcome many senseless worries. I went from shy to a public speaker using this book.

I read it often and refer it to everyone. We all have a fear that limits us from our potential success.
Peter Bourdeau
Mar 04, 2009 Peter Bourdeau rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone seeking to have peace of mind
Jack Canfield, the Chicken Soup Guy, states that his primary aim is to feel and experience joy. Doctor Jampolsky details what Canfield is referring to in this seminal work.

Jampolsky states that our primary goal ought to be Peace of Mind. The good Doctor then explains how we can achieve this aim by forgiving ourselves and others.

Read it a couple of times and see if it makes sense for you.

Gena Tarrell
Talks about letting go of fear to truly love and live. Quick read. Liked one paragraph particularly about forgiveness:

"The unforgiving mind, contrasted with the forgiving mind, is confused, afraid, and full of fear. It is certain of the interpretation it places on its perceptions of others. It is certain of the justification of its anger and the correctness of its condemning judgment. The unforgiving mind rigidly sees the past and future as the same and is resistant to change. It does not want t...more
Tlovesbooks
Feb 20, 2010 Tlovesbooks rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone seeking spiritual enlightenment
The author is quick to point out that he is not speaking of romantic love. This book discusses the love and understanding that can be applied to everyone within and outside of your social circle.
Daron
This book changed my life. It taught me a lot about love and forgiveness. It helps me to love the small and simple joys of life.
Wendy Barton
A MUST read for all... simple and to the point! Jerry is a friend and great writer... Enjoy!
Hollis
Gerald Jampolsky has greatly simplified some of the essential ideas in A Course in Miracles.
Eric
There is a lot of good information in here regarding love vs fear. Simply put, when we have fear, we are not loving.
One section of this book which kind of blew my mind went something like this:

"When we perceive another person as attacking us we usually feel defensive, and find a way, directly or indirectly, to attack back. Attacking always stems from fear and guilt. No one attacks unless he first feels threatened and believes that through attack he can demonstrate his own strength, at the expen...more
Terry Prasad
This little quick read is a compilation of concepts from "A Course in Miracles". The author has selected a few key concepts and presents them in a light, easy read kind of way (in contrast to the very long and complex Course in Miracles). It reminds us that fear is not real, but is rather merely the absence of love; that our perceptions are not facts but rather a projection of our internal states onto the world; and that while our minds are full of thoughts that can hurt or help us, it is our re...more
Charlotte Wanberg
Reading Faerie
I like how the pictures gave this a more relaxed feel. So many "self-help" books are text-book-like and feel a little impersonal. This book didn't.
Summerrain
Simple, to-the-point discussion of the principles of A Course In Miracles and Attitudinal Healing.
A beginner primer.
Maggie
Read for a class. Self-help(-ish), exactly what you;d expect.
Zawhtut
Actually I read this book in a library. What interesting me was the title - Love is letting go of fear. The book comes with illustration to make the points. The author himself is the physiologist and the book is easy to read. The idea is quite simple, love as much as possible, that's the only way to let go of the fear and guilt, a major theme of this little book. I highly recommend this book to anyone who want to enjoy the beauty of love. It's a real keeper. Glad to know that this book is highly...more
Del
These concept discussed in this book are ones I've been exposed to for many years. When I read a book I've not read before, I like to walk away feeling like I've gain new insights, not so for this book. Also, it is a very simplistic book, I would have liked more substance to each concept. I would recommend this book to people just starting out on their path to self-tranformation and need something light to get them started. I think I'll donate it to someone.
Jiri Bryan
Aug 31, 2009 Jiri Bryan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jiri by: do I know?
Why it´s so hard to love? I had the intention to give this book to my caring woman-doctor while I was kept (second time and against my will in fact) in Prague mental hospital Bohnice, but I had no guts to do it. Next time, maybe? / Proč je tak těžké milovat? Tuhle knihu jsem chtěl při 2. hospitalizaci v PLB věnovat své ošetřující lékařce, ale netroufl jsem si. Možná příště?
Debra Albonaimi
This book is based on the Course in Miracles which states that we either operate out of Fear or out of Love. It is certainly a gem of a book that must be experienced individually. I am most grateful to have received it as a gift from my sister.
It is a book that can be read over and over; always finding a new kernal of wisdom.
Natalia
Simple book from long before the Laws of Attraction became mainstream! Great principals for living a better life and being your 'best' self. REALLY easy read and a fun little uplifting escape. It lays the foundation for principals you may want to explore in this field. Definitely leaves a smile on your face!
Brad Kittle
another new age or course of miracles book....denies the adamic nature and need of redemption. Many parts of the book are excellent and parallel biblical truth; but, man does not need to get in touch with his higher self; rather he needs to be born again by the spirit of love (Jesus Christ)!!
Lauren
I've know my mind wasn't working at optimum efficiency for too long. A little rechecking and retraining I feel is must in this day and age. I've considered myself incredibly lucky to have a dad that recommended this to me. If you're trying to feel exponentially better about life, dig this.
Miriam Johnson
Feb 28, 2008 Miriam Johnson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Miriam by: My Mom found it at the D.I., and I stole it from her.
This book has changed my attitude on life. It taught me that I am truly free. I can choose! I am not a victim of circumstance. It was very easy and clear for me to read. It is short. I have read it twice, but it would be a beneficial book to read over and over.
Crystal
Jul 28, 2007 Crystal is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I am reading this book for the 3rd time.

The wisdom and simplicity of this book helps me navigate almost all of my inter personal relationships, familial, friendships, romantic relationships and even in the workplace.

It is small, but mighty.
Shane

Simple, and very true. Mostly a distillation of a lot of other books on the subject - reducing love to its essence, and explaining how fear gets in the way. A short/quick read - and a good reminder of the most important aspects of love & fear.
Carolyn Golightly
I read this book years ago as part of a Sunday School class and don't remember much about it but I kept the book - little did I know how important the shift from Fear to Love is. Maybe I did know, but needed a few decades to really understand it!
Mary Wescott
A dear friend of mine bought this for me years ago - why didn't I read it then? I'm grateful for its influence now, I resolve to apply its principles in my life. I have to, I have to live in the moment with Love. Thank you my friend.
  • Love, Medicine and Miracles
  • Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person
  • The Disappearance of the Universe
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • The Power Is Within You
  • It Will Never Happen to Me!
  • The Gift of Change: Spiritual Guidance for Living Your Best Life
  • Living in the Light: A Guide to Personal and Planetary Transformation
  • Trust Your Vibes: Secret Tools for Six-Sensory Living
  • The Road Less Traveled and Beyond: Spiritual Growth in an Age of Anxiety
  • Path of Least Resistance: Learning to Become the Creative Force in Your Own Life
التسامح: أعظم علاج على الإطلاق Teach Only Love: Twelve Principles of Attitudinal Healing Change Your Mind, Change Your Life Good-Bye to Guilt: Releasing Fear Through Forgiveness Out of Darkness into the Light: A Journey of Inner Healing

“Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.” 176 likes
“Peace of mind comes from not wanting to change others.” 81 likes