Start by marking “You On Top: Smart, Sexy Skills Every Woman Needs to Set the World on Fire” as Want to Read:
You On Top: Smart, Sexy Skills Every Woman Needs to Set the World on Fire

You On Top: Smart, Sexy Skills Every Woman Needs to Set the World on Fire

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  11 reviews
In her eight years as editor-in-chief of the women's bible, Cosmopolitan, Kate White has learned a lot about what women want. From landing a great job to enjoying great sex, White presents 86 enticing lessons on having it all--complete with anecdotes and tips from her own life and the celebrities and experts she's met. Whether it's when to act like a bitch and when not to, ...more
Published June 12th 2007 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about You On Top, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You On Top

Janine Southard
I adored this book by the Editor in Chief of Cosmo.

It's divided into very short (1-3) page "chapters" which give pieces of advice on life. You might think, Cosmo being a hotbed of fashion and sex tips, that these would all be sex or fashion related.

But no! Most of the book is about attitude for success. Kind of like when you read the Sex and... "manuals" of Helen Gurley Brown.

Oh, there is definitely a section on makeup (I may have finally learned "smoky eyes") and a few chapters on sex (with sta
Rachel Bird
I'm a sucker for the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble. Thankfully I have a limit of three books per trip. This one managed to make it in my stack.

Kate White is the editor of Cosmopolitan magazine as well as a successful mystery writer. She condenses the best material she's gleaned from her years at Cosmo and shares it in this book.

It's helpful. Not as helpful as stuff the Dalai Lama might say but it's not bad. I'm kind of tired of thinking about how to please a man, though.

General consensus: Empo
Victoria Pond
I adored this book by the Editor in Chief of Cosmo.

Megan
I liked this self-help book which touches all the different areas of a young 20s life. It's an easy read and it was perfect for me, someone who is in the middle of a job search and not really having a lot of experience under my belt. So reading those little tips about work and life were my favorite parts of the book. It helped me figure out the more ways I can improve myself at work. I also really like how the author includes her personal stories to the lessons she points out. I'm a person who r ...more
Melblocko
I expected this to be a business book, but it really wasn't. It felt like I was just reading an extended version of cosmo articles. I didn't really learn anything new.
Nikki
Oct 21, 2007 Nikki rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone of my girlfriends
i love this book.. it was funny and had alot of interesting facts. i learned so many things and took plenty of advise especially for my boyfreind.. haha..if your feeling down and under this book defintely makes you feel good about yourself
Stacey P.
Just finishing this up. A great summer ready by the editor-in-chief of Cosmo. A quick read and some of the tips are great, some are things we've all heard before but it's still is entertaining.
Bernadette
Not really a book for a 27 year old... but it was relevant when I started it when I was 24
Journeywoman
May 25, 2007 Journeywoman rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Women
Excellent advice, both on the sex (which I expected from cosmo's editor) and on life.

Victoria H.
Whoever green-lighted this to be printed in sans serif needs a good fanny kickin!
Josie
Affirming and practical
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Luci
Luci marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 14, 2015
PS
PS marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Jane Roeschlein
Jane Roeschlein marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Christel
Christel marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Festering Sinus
Festering Sinus marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Lisa Newhouse
Lisa Newhouse marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Kellyn
Kellyn added it
Dec 29, 2014
Jennifer Aurio
Jennifer Aurio marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Corinne Casala
Corinne Casala marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Kate White is the New York Times bestselling author of nine works of fiction—six Bailey Weggins mysteries and three suspense novels, including her latest, EYES ON YOU. For fourteen years she was the editor in chief of Cosmopolitan magazine, and though she loved the job (and the Cosmo beauty closet!), she decided to leave in late 2013 to concentrate full time on being an author.

Her books have recei
More about Kate White...
If Looks Could Kill (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #1) The Sixes Hush A Body to Die For (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #2) 'Til Death Do Us Part (Bailey Weggins Mystery, #3)