Off the Chart: A Novel

Off the Chart: A Novel (Thorn Mystery #8)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  242 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Passion and intrigue heat up the Florida Keys as Thorn and Alexandra Rafferty--returning from Blackwater Sound---face down a brutal killer who has kidnapped the daughter of Thorn's best friend.

Before Alexandra came into Thorn's live, there had been Anne Joy, a beautiful woman who, after escaping the violence of her past, found something like happiness in the languid life o...more
Published August 26th 2004 by Minotaur Books (first published April 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Off the Chart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off the Chart

Larry
Always a good, suspenseful read with Hall, who manages to keep you on the edge of your seat without a "cliffhanger" every 3 pages.
Jill Black
I like how he's bringing all of the characters from the different books together. And I Adore Alex' dad Lawton.
J. Ewbank
James W. Hall was unfamiliar to me when I read this book. It was an interesting read and a little unusual but it is certainly worth reading. The plot is enjoyable and you get caught up in the story and want it to end according to your plan.

Would be happy to read other books by this author because he knows how to write.

J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Doreene
Do you believe that there are modern day pirates? Well this book talks about pirates in the area of Flordia and what they might be up to. We slide into the world of priates when the author has one of the characters , who is the son of a mafia don, proclaim that he is a pirate. Interesting read. One of those kind of books you bring to the beach with you.
Jill Manske
This is my first James Hall book, and it will most likely be my last. I was really disappointed in the convoluted plot and the fractured storyline. I didn't much care for the characters, either; they were superficial and one-dimensional and their relationships with one another didn't make much sense. This is not a book I would recommend to anyone.
Susan
This is another fine entry in series featuring Thorn, that off-the-grid, fly-tier from Florida. A former flame is the reason he's dragged into a scheme of modern day pirates. This is pretty much like Hall's other Thorn books and it's nice to hook up with an old friend.
Robert
I could not finish this felt all characters unbelievable and could not care what happened very rare for me not to finish book especially as at least half way through
Julie
a little slow to start but still enjoyable. part of a series with the same character. not necessary to read in order, but would add depth to the storyline.
Rapidio
Not too bad of a book. At least I finished it, which is more than I can say for some more highly touted books I have picked up.
Ricardo
I really did not like this book. I barely managed to finish it and it is definitely the last one by this author that I read
pam
three and a half stars. pure fun.
Kay
Great story about modern piracy.
Rob Bekkers
Rob Bekkers marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Sacha Cavanaugh
Sacha Cavanaugh is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2014
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Joshua Barabad
Joshua Barabad marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Eduardo
Eduardo marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014

James Wilson Hall is an Edgar and Shamus Award-winning author whose books have been translated into a dozen languages. He has written four books of poetry, a collection of short fiction, and a collection of essays. This is his sixteenth novel. He and his wife Evelyn divide...more
More about James W. Hall...
Blackwater Sound (Thorn, #7) Under Cover of Daylight (Thorn, #1) Mean High Tide (Thorn, #3) Buzz Cut (Thorn, #5) Tropical Freeze (Thorn, #2)