Mindhacker: 60 Tips, Tricks, and Games to Take Your Mind to the Next Level

Mindhacker: 60 Tips, Tricks, and Games to Take Your Mind to the Next Level

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Compelling tips and tricks to improve your mental skills

Don't you wish you were just a little smarter? Ron and Marty Hale-Evans can help with a vast array of witty, practical techniques that tune your brain to peak performance. Founded in current research, Mindhacker features 60 tips, tricks, and games to develop your mental potential. This accessible compilation helps imp

Published September 6th 2011 by John Wiley & Sons (first published July 26th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Mindhacker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindhacker

Josh Street
Much weaker than the previous effort (which I enjoyed tremendously), this work just falls short. The writing is very uneven across many of the hacks, there are several areas where pseudoscience and inconclusive evidence is presented as fact and a mind-numbing level of repetition that seems reinforced by the structure used for the hacks. I had high hopes for this work (it was on my wish list for months prior to publication), but I'm afraid it just didn't deliver on those expectations.
Laura Lee
Read this quickly and enjoyed it. One of the many books I'm going through for research purposes for my next book. It has lots of good suggestions for ways to keep learning as a grown up person out of school. Some of the "tricks" were novel and exciting but it is a mixed bag. Of course, the tricks that appealed to me might be quite different than those that appeal to someone else.
BeyondDL
As with many self help books, "Mindhacker" is a bold attempt to deliver in one text the material a person needs to change their lives. How often do you hear of a self help book claiming to enable the reader to move to the next level of mental capability? Mindhacker was an ordinary read. Although the book did have some good ideas, the ideas alone do not make a cohesive body of work.
Hadrian
A neat little collection of thought experiments, reminders, and mind games to play to improve your memory, understanding of basic mathematics, logic, etc. Live a more mindful existence.

Your results may vary, though. I was surprised to discover that I've already done most of these. It's still a nice book to have around and dip into when you feel inspired enough.
Steve Carroll
A great read full of idea on how to think differently. You definitely won't use all 60 hacks, but I bet at least one of them will end up striking a chord. Since it is broken into 60 discrete chunks it is the perfect book for reading on your phone in a stolen moments.
mariah
Very thought provoking and inspiring read. Lots of straight forward ideas to get your behaviors to guide your mind- like the idea of redirecting mental agility for things that matter, as opposed to the mundane
Alan
Aug 29, 2011 Alan marked it as deciding
Shelves: entertainment
Michael Fogleman
Read a draft of this book. The guy who wrote the hacks about SRS and Dual N-Back is brilliant ;)
Charles
This book arrived yesterday and I have started dipping in and exploring.
Humberto
good read, good ideas, read it at several intervals and not completely.
Alex Townshend
Lots of interesting ideas most of which i'm sure I'll never use.
John Rivera
John Rivera is currently reading it
Aug 26, 2014
Rafael Vargas
Rafael Vargas marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Matthew Squire
Matthew Squire marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Q
Q marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
MEGA-DEEN
MEGA-DEEN marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Nikola Ribarov
Nikola Ribarov marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Bekky
Bekky added it
Aug 05, 2014
Cooper
Cooper is currently reading it
Aug 05, 2014
Oscar
Oscar marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Eser
Eser marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Aira
Aira marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Tinette
Tinette marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Elyse
Elyse marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
  • Lifehacker: The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better
  • Rewire Your Brain: Think Your Way to a Better Life
  • Positive Intelligence: Why Only 20% of Teams and Individuals Achieve Their True Potential and How You Can Achieve Yours
  • Mind Hacks: Tips & Tricks for Using Your Brain
  • It's Not All about Me: The Top Ten Techniques for Building Quick Rapport with Anyone
  • Discover Your Genius: How to Think Like History's Ten Most Revolutionary Minds
  • Magnificent Mind at Any Age: Natural Ways to Unleash Your Brain's Maximum Potential
  • The Measure of Madness: Inside the Disturbed and Disturbing Criminal Mind
  • Iconoclast: A Neuroscientist Reveals  How to Think Differently
  • Photoreading
  • Triple Your Reading Speed
  • Getting Results the Agile Way: A Personal Results System for Work and Life
  • Being Logical: A Guide to Good Thinking
  • Urban Shaman
  • The Memory Book: The Classic Guide to Improving Your Memory at Work, at School, and at Play
  • Keep Your Brain Alive: 83 Neurobic Exercises to Help Prevent Memory Loss and Increase Mental Fitness
  • Professor Stewart's Cabinet of Mathematical Curiosities
  • Blind Spots: Why Smart People Do Dumb Things
Mind Performance Hacks: Tips & Tools for Overclocking Your Brain The Gnu C Programming Tutorial (Gnu Software Manuals Series)