Start by marking “La Via Del Toro: Un Viaggio” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
La Via Del Toro: Un Vi...

Leo Buscaglia

La Via Del Toro: Un Viaggio

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  279 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A stirring story of Leo Buscaglia's travels from Japan and Hong Kong to Cambodia and Calcutta on his personal quest for discovery, searching for the bull--the Chinese symbol of life--in himself and all of us, the bull that must remain untethered and free to explore.
Published 1988 by Mondadori (first published August 13th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about La Via Del Toro, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Via Del Toro

Tom Lewis
May 25, 2013 Tom Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My (And the author's) favorite of his many writings. I read it after reading a number of his other books and saw in it the living reality of his philosophy. On the surface it is a mere telling of his travels in the East. Underneath it is akin to his Acts of the Apostles. The way he expresses his valuation of the lowliest of people in the slums of Calcutta brings tears to my eyes every time I read this book. Honestly I wouldn't recommend that this be the first of Buscaglia's works you read. Or th ...more
Jan 05, 2008 Jennifer rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: my mother's bookshelf
Speaking of identity quests through Asia, this guy covers a lot of ground. I like that he lets stories speak for themselves instead of miring them in gobble-dee-gook, and there are some amazing stories about connections between human beings, but it was not as life-changing as the 1970s back cover promised.
Tristy
This book purports to be the author's personal spiritual journey, but really, it's a story of his travels around the world. There really isn't much spirituality in the book, except for the usual "we are all one" kind of epiphany. There are plenty of much better spiritual journey stories out there. But if you are interested in a man's travels through mostly Asian countries in the 1960's & 70's, you might find this interesting.
Christi
This book is the reason I wanted to travel the world. And I did do just that. Leo inspired me to get out there and see the great big world and all the people who are just like me, only different. I learned that everyone really has the same wants and fears- and the Jesus is the answer for everyone. Great book!
Sabihah
This book is about Leo Buscaglia's travels through Asia. What I learnt was that sometimes we should not judge a book by its cover (people are not always what/how they appear at first) and also to be open to new experiences, to be flexible otherwise you might lose out on some wonderful experiences.
Eva
Jan 14, 2014 Eva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book, but suspense is missing!!!
Agi
Mar 28, 2013 Agi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Buscaglia's gentle style and his drive to see not just the tourist attractions while traveling but to meet the every day people of each place . His accounts are fascinating to read and clearly he had a lot of fun.
Madjid
Aug 11, 2009 Madjid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
درباره این کتاب در کرم کتاب مطالب بیشتری نوشته ام.
Joshua
Jun 28, 2008 Joshua rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, though as the author suggests I prefer to take my own path - not merely follow his.
Elliott
Jul 21, 2007 Elliott rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the better travel books I've read. I like that Sri Lanka is still Ceylon in this one.
Nikish Chanekar
I read the book. Book felt nice and warm. but i perhaps was expecting too much from.
Marianne
Feb 02, 2013 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
all of this Author's books are great!!
Lisa Sellers
Apr 17, 2016 Lisa Sellers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cursillo
Awe
David Backes
David Backes rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Rosemary Tia
Rosemary Tia is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2016
Nevi
Nevi rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Noname
Noname added it
Apr 12, 2016
Khadija Hayoucht
Khadija Hayoucht rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Brian Hediger
Brian Hediger rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2016
Dattatray Eknath
Dattatray Eknath marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Sarah Hord
Sarah Hord rated it it was amazing
Mar 27, 2016
Magdam
Magdam marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Anthony
Anthony rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2016
Jane
Jane is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2016
Tracy Cheever
Tracy Cheever rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2016
Eleana
Eleana rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2016
  • The Dance of Siva: Essays on Indian Art and Culture
  • Letters to My Grandchildren
  • The Force
  • God And The Evolving Universe
  • Peace, Love and Healing: Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration
  • Love and Exile
  • Job's Body: A Handbook for Bodywork
  • 50 Spiritual Classics: Timeless Wisdom From 50 Great Books of Inner Discovery, Enlightenment and Purpose
  • In Tune with the Infinite
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
  • Surfing the Himalayas: A Spiritual Adventure
  • Letter from New York: BBC Woman's Hour Broadcasts
  • Walking a Sacred Path: Rediscovering the Labyrinth
  • Eco Barons: The Dreamers, Schemers, and Millionaires Who Are Saving Our Planet
  • Peace Is the Way: Bringing War and Violence to an End
  • God Game
  • Zen and the Art of Running: The Path to Making Peace with Your Pace
  • The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. was a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California. He was a graduate of Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).

Leo Buscaglia authored a number of New York Times bestselling inspirational books on love and human reticences on the subject, including The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Bus 9 to Paradise, Living Loving a
More about Leo Buscaglia...