Start by marking “Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail

Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail (Nate the Great #7)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  304 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Beginning readers are introduced to the detective mystery genre in these chapter books. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries!

Nate the Great has his work cut out for him. Rosamond has lost his birthday present! But how can Nate find his missing present when Rosamond won't tell him what it is?

Check out the F
Published December 1st 1983 by Yearling (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussShapes Las Formas by Othen Donald Dale CummingsA Pet Banana by Othen Donald Dale CummingsMy First Travel Angelic Airline Adventures by Anna OthitisOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
Books for five-year-olds
49th out of 285 books — 157 voters
Measle and the Mallockee by Ian OgilvyStink by Megan McDonaldThe Grunts in Trouble by Philip ArdaghAwful End by Philip ArdaghThe Fall of Fergal by Philip Ardagh
Series Reads for 2nd Grade Boys
69th out of 91 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Rosa Cline
Nate the Great is a little boy and with his dog Sludge solves the neighborhood mysteries, mostly lost things. He follows clues until he solves the case. In this one the neighbor girl has gotten him a very early birthday gift (his birthday isn't until summer but it's still winter)but she looses it on the way to his house. The thing about it is she won't tell him WHAT he's looking for, or how big it is or shape it is etc. The story itself I probably would have given it a 5 star but the way it was ...more
yusi
Nate took a strage case from Rosamond.
She lost his birthday present but didn't tell him what it is.
He found a clue from her saying, "Sled felt lighter."
He did not notice her saying "Your present was gone"
Anna
I found the ending to be irresponsible and unacceptable.
Kaulin
You got 5 right out of 5.
You receive 100 points for this book!

You will not be able to quiz on this book again.

Take a look at the Prizes page to see all the great prizes you can earn with your points from these quizzes!

Right : 1. How did Nate's birthday present get lost?
Right : 2. What was Nate the Great building?
Right : 3. Why did Rosamond think Nate's present was beautiful?
Right : 4. What was the gift Rosamond wanted to give Nate?
Right : 5. What is Nate the Great?
Nehemiah L
it was nice book
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Dinga
Feb 08, 2015 Dinga added it
was ok
Hillvan
Jun 16, 2015 Hillvan added it
Shelves: 1-2015-summer
480L
Lindsay
We listened to this. He loved it--five stars he says, but since this is my goodreads account, my opinion wins. I did get a little annoyed with the reader of the audiobook overemphasizing "I, Nate the Great" repeatedly. It was like a speed bump in the listening experience. Ian was thrilled to read that the author lives in our city.
Olivia
I liked when Nate said the cat was very,very,very fat, it was funny. I liked this book because it was a mistery and I like mysteries. I recommend this book to fourth and fifth graders. My favorite part was when Nate's friend wouldn't tell him what his present was so he couldn't find his present.
Kim
"Dear Mother,
I am going out into the cold world to look for something strange. I will be back.
Love,
Nate the Great"

Rosamond has gotten Nate a strange birthday present, but she lost it on the way to his house and can't find it. Nate is determined to crack this very mysterious case.
Jeremy
This whole series is ok.... Not great... ok.

I read this, in fact, read this multiple times to my kids. It's not that the book is "bad", I guess I was mostly annoyed by the "nude kid"...... Just weird..... to put "nude kid" into a childrens reading book.....
babyhippoface
This early chapter-book series is very popular among our 2nd graders. Nate is observant, smart, and always solves the mystery.

Personally, I like Rosamond. She's weird and creepy. If I'd known her in real life as a 2nd grader I'd have been scared to death of her.
Dolly
May 29, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Nate the Great books are fun, but a little odd. This book is no different, but it's a good book to read aloud and it is good for children to try out their skills at deduction and solving the mystery.
Miss Jessica
I got this for my boyfriend's (of the same name as the main character) birthday, since the storyline is about a birthday present. What's amazing though, is how similar he is to Nate the Great.
Elizabeth Oakley
Nate the great was a good book because mistery in it. I like it when the book leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat. I also like the dog because I love dogs.
Sheri R
This is the cutest book and I love reading all of Nate the Great books to my son. Did I mention that this book has a really fun recipe in it?
Barbara
Nobody tell Rosamond when my birthday is! He did the right thing after he solved the mystery. o.0
Heather
This was one pretty good. The others I've read were just ok, aside from the original which I loved!
Sheila
A fun Nate the Great story as he sets out to solve another mystery with his sidekick dog.
Shelley
We had an extra copy of this one and gifted it to a friend who recently had a Nathan of her own.
Kristine Pratt
Absolutely hilarious as usual! Nate just keeps getting better and better!
Quintae Wyatt
Like I said before it's the best book you could ever read
Audrey
Jul 06, 2014 Audrey added it
Shelves: read-2014
Jan 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Megan Lynn
Megan Lynn marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
  • Poppleton
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Pizza Shop Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #6)
  • The Case of the Christmas Snowman (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 2)
  • The Canary Caper (A to Z Mysteries, #3)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Commander Toad in Space (Commander Toad)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Monday with a Mad Genius (Magic Tree House, #38)
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...

Nate the Great (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Nate the Great
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize
  • Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed
  • Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag
  • Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case