Start by marking “Honeymoon Heist” as Want to Read:
Honeymoon Heist

Honeymoon Heist

2.74 of 5 stars 2.74  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Published February 8th 2011 by Bonneville (first published January 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Honeymoon Heist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honeymoon Heist

Katie Watkins
Honeymoon Heist is the story about a newlywed couple who mistakenly take the wrong bag at the airport on their honeymoon. They are chased by some bad guys, who are trying to get that blue case back.

There were a couple of things that made this book really enjoyable for me. First of all, the author is British, therefore, so are the main characters. It was fun to read something that was different--probably normal for someone who lives there. Things are called different words--crisps/chips, for exam
Stephanie
Anna Buttimore has a fun, fresh, witty voice. Honeymoon Heist includes a delightful unfolding and exploration of the characters of Claire and Rodney Hewlett. If you've read one too many books with a gorgeous, perfect hero and a gorgeous, perfect heroine, you'll love Buttimore's refreshingly original characters--Rodney is nerdy and not particularly handsome and Claire is sometimes shallow. I love the freshness and originality of the characters and of the setting--Buttimore excels at description; ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
This wasn't my favorite read and I probably couldn't pinpoint exactly why just yet. I think it just went on a bit long for me. I don't know. It had all the elements that I'm drawn to when reading fluffy LDS fiction, but somehow it just didn't come out right. It was okay.
Debbie
I am glad that my honeymoon wasn't like this one. It all started with a couple picking up the wrong luggage at the airport. This was a very good book.
Kami Sexton
Truly terrible book. I don't wonder why people think Latter Day Saints are weird, this book portrays people of the LDS faith as rushing into marraige then never talking to each other unless it is to be unpleasant. While some do rush into marraige, the vast majority do not, their relationships are well rounded and they definitely would have discussed what they were going to do on their honeymoon! It was just a frustrating book all the way around. I kept waiting for it to get better, but I found m ...more
Hellen Riebold
I enjoyed the fast pace of this story and the realistic relationship between the two newly weds had me giggling out loud. The tension and suspense are beautifully built and I would say this is a perfect book for the beach.
LJ
Interesting twists.
Susan
Every newlywed couple worries about bringing baggage to a marriage. But when Rodney and Claire Hewlett open a suitcase and discover a small fortune in cash while honeymooning in Spain, they find themselves in a deadly race to the light-studded Eiffel Tower. This thrilling tale will take you by plane, train, and boat across Europe in an adrenaline-pumping ride that won't end until the very last page.

Cute story with interesting perspectives from the husband and wife and some interesting plot turns
Kristyn
This was pretty bad. She was recently married at the beginning of the book, really not into her husband, pointed out all of his bad qualities, and all of her ex-husbands good ones. I though, okay maybe she'll really fall in love with him by the end, but no. It was just bad and really depressing. Skimmed through most of it to find redeeming qualities that would make me finish it. Didn't, so I just read the bad ending and put it away.
Jana

I had high hopes for this book. I thought it was going to be a fast paced mystery. Not at all. It took me so long to read and by the end I was mostly skimming just so I could finish it. I felt like the plot went nowhere and I didn't really like the main characters all that well. They were a bit...whiny.
Annissa
I was very disappointed in this book as I thought it had great potential at the beginning. I felt like it was very distracting and hard to keep interested in the story line when the author continued to switch back and forth from the past back story and the present. Overall I was disappointed.
Susan
The beginning didn't impress me too much, but the story just got better and better. And, what a horrible nightmare to run scarred during your honeymoon--not knowing who to trust. My favorite part was meeting the missionaries!
Lisa
I gave up on this book after 9 chapters. I kept hoping that the woman would stop her whining! When I realized that I was rooting for the bad guy to catch her, I decided it was time to quit.
Carol
The characters were rather shallow minded about certain things but the story was fun.
Lisa
I stopped reading halfway through because I just couldn't get through it...ugh.
Marie
Cute mystery. Not great, but fun.
Melanieblakepetersen
Melanieblakepetersen marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Adriana Simpson
Adriana Simpson marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Pavithra
Pavithra marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Shelby
Shelby marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
2095984
Anna Jones Buttimore was born and brought up in the South of England, but educated in Wales where she lived for the next 20 years. She is now living back in the village where she grew up with her daughters Gwenllian, Angharad and Ceridwen, and husband Roderic. Anna serves as Seminary teacher in her ward.

Anna works part time from home for a legal charity, and has always loved writing in her spare t
More about Anna Jones Buttimore...
Easterfield No Escape The Saved Saint Haven Escape to Haven