Start by marking “The Cage” as Want to Read:
The Cage

The Cage

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The eerie thing about Paige Adolpha wasn't how she turned up right when I was reading about her in the paper. It wasn't her fame as the star witness in the local werewolf trial. What brought on the gooseflesh, first time I saw her, was she's the spitting image of her murdered identical twin.
Published February 1st 2011 by Tor Books (first published July 28th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Cage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cage

Punk
Werewolves! Great short story about the practical side of lycanthropy, the lesbian community, and falling in love. I really liked the narrator's voice.

Four stars. Recommended. Available for free at Tor.com.
Mairéad (is exploring a floating city)
Chase struggled to his paws. “Arrooo?” It came out a question; then he flopped again.

3.5 stars.

Seriously baby Chase the werewolf is the most single-handedly adorable thing ever. <3333

It was worse than I thought. He was all wobbling puppy butt and baby fluff. He had big eyes, long flirty lashes. He batted them at a chew toy, looking like some kid’s cartoon dawg—bink-bink.

A quiet “Aroo!” trickled through the baby monitor.

“Awww,” I said. Believe me, a dead cynic couldn’t have kept from saying
Just A. Bean
How the Power of Lesbian Networking saved adorable puppies and the world! You have no excuse for not reading this.
Jana
Charming and funny, just like baby werewolves. :)
Helen
I read this as part of the Tor collection. I found it a very engaging story with compelling characters. I will be seeking out more by this author!
Kristin  (MyBookishWays Reviews)
You really don't want to miss this short story about a baby werewolf and the women that will go to any lengths to protect him. Not to be missed.

Plus, it's available for free on tor.com, so what are you waiting for?
Tony
Great story about family, loyalty, friendship, love, and werewolves.
{eri}
Cute! Interesting story about lycanthropes.
Sassy
Sassy marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Ana Lucía Gómez
Ana Lucía Gómez marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Ethan
Ethan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Lauren Nalepa
Lauren Nalepa marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Audrey
Audrey marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Marianna
Marianna marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I live in Toronto, Ontario and make my living writing science fiction and fantasy; I also review books and teach writing online at UCLA. I'm a legally married lesbian and in my spare time I take pictures with Toronto Photo. My wife's name is Kelly and we have two cats, Lorenzo and Chinchilla, born in spring of 2014.
More about A.M. Dellamonica...
Child of a Hidden Sea (Hidden Sea Tales, #1) Indigo Springs (Astrid Lethewood, #1) Blue Magic (Astrid Lethewood, #2) The Color of Paradox Among the Silvering Herd