Start by marking “Up the Faraway Tree” as Want to Read:
Up the Faraway Tree

Up the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree #4)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  1,108 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Up the Faraway Tree
Published 1996 by Beaver Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Up the Faraway Tree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up the Faraway Tree

The Magic Faraway Tree by Enid BlytonThe Enchanted Wood by Enid BlytonThe Folk of the Faraway Tree by Enid BlytonUp the Faraway Tree by Enid BlytonFirst Term at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton
Enid Blyton Greats
4th out of 110 books — 39 voters
First Term at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonUpper Fourth at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonIn the Fifth at Malory Towers by Enid BlytonFledgling by Mark A. CooperSecond Form at Malory Towers by Enid Blyton
Shunned by adults, Smashing good YA books
57th out of 143 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Shahrun
Nov 03, 2014 Shahrun rated it did not like it
What an odd little book! I love the format (like a comic). But the stories are fragmented and repetitions of the earlier Faraway Tree books. And when you consider that Robin ananda Joy had already read those books - which is why they searched out the Enchante Wood etc in the first place - thief subsequent actions become ludicrous! Very odd indeed.
Susie Amiatu
Jun 09, 2016 Susie Amiatu rated it did not like it
This was a ridiculous addition to the Faraway Tree series. It read as if it was an afterthought. The whole book was a mish-mash of events that had already occurred in previous installments. The edition we read tacked on a few chapters of The Enchanted Wood to the end to beef it up. I really wish it had have been left at the last book.
Susan
Oct 17, 2015 Susan rated it did not like it
we were not so pleased with this book. we liked that the children had visitors but didn't think the adventures were complete. those looking for more faraway tree adventures should not read this book. it is a disappointment
Rithika Dsouza
May 12, 2014 Rithika Dsouza rated it it was amazing
The book is such a pleasing read! It's really cute and I love the names given to the characters most of all! It's one of those books that has to be read atleast once in a lifetime, if not more!
Clare Tissiman connolly
Oct 30, 2014 Clare Tissiman connolly rated it really liked it
Yes it's a bit young for me but I couldn't believe that after all these years that there was a forth book that my parents have never told me about so now at 42 I got to read it and a most enjoyable trip into my childhood it was too.
Jinay Shah
Jun 12, 2016 Jinay Shah rated it liked it
It's for children and I realised it only after reading it. I just bought it because it was Enid Blyton. This was a comic basically. A 15-20 minute read. It's Good for children anyways.
Jane
Feb 10, 2016 Jane rated it it was ok
I felt like this book was an afterthought - the series would have been better ending with the previous book - even my daughter said it wasn't as good as the other 3 books.
Dane Cobain
Jul 14, 2013 Dane Cobain rated it liked it
This is the final chapter of the Faraway Tree series, a beautifully illustrated collection of eight short stories about Jo, Bessie and Fanny and their adventures up the Faraway Tree. In a weird crossover, they're joined by Robin and Joy, two children who have read about the Faraway Tree in The Enchanted Wood, the first book in the series.

The well-crafted illustrations bring the characters to life superbly despite the occasional racism.
Kevin Read
Apr 25, 2015 Kevin Read rated it it was amazing
First book I chose from a book fayre at primary school, loved the characters and magic lands and forests ... Beautiful introduction into childhood reading
Ramya
Feb 14, 2014 Ramya rated it it was amazing
Loved, loved, loved this series as a child and oh so wanted to find that magic tree to climb into a magical world, make new friends, and eat strange melt in your mouth popping candy to odd treacle puddings! A veritable feast for the enchanted, magical- thinking mind of a grade schooler!
Natasha
Nov 25, 2013 Natasha rated it it was amazing
I remember my Grandma reading this to me chapter by chapter every day when i was seven!! X
Sophie Bristow Harris
short comic strip book. Great stories and b/w pictures.
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2016 Stephanie rated it did not like it
Shelves: childrens
Reads like bad Faraway Tree fanfic.
Samena
Nov 28, 2012 Samena rated it it was amazing
my childhood favourite book.. =)
Vici
Sep 05, 2012 Vici rated it it was amazing
Loved this as a child
Telissa
Telissa rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
Tanya
Tanya marked it as to-read
Jamie-Lee
Jamie-Lee is currently reading it
Shritika Suresh
Shritika Suresh marked it as to-read
plasticnomad
plasticnomad marked it as to-read
Kourtnei Taylor
Kourtnei Taylor marked it as to-read
Taryn
Taryn marked it as to-read
Julia
Julia added it
Aisha Jooma
Aisha Jooma marked it as to-read
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
James Scougall
James Scougall rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2016
Emma Donovan
Emma Donovan marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Play Book Tag: Up the Faraway Tree - Enid Blyton - One lonely star 5 16 Jun 09, 2016 02:58PM
  • Until the Celebration (Green Sky, #3)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Well Done, The Naughtiest Girl! (The Naughtiest Girl, #8)
  • Puss In Boots
  • The Elves and the Shoemaker
  • Brer Rabbit Again
  • The Perfect Hamburger and Other Delicious Stories
  • Roman Diary: The Journal of Iliona of Mytilini: Captured and Sold as a Slave in Rome - AD 107
  • Love from Your Friend, Hannah
  • The Diddakoi
  • The Christmas Ghost (Sweet Valley Twins Super Chiller Edition #1)
  • The Beano Book 1960
  • Odd Boy Out: Young Albert Einstein
  • Little Miss Shy
  • Dirty Beasts
  • The Annotated Alice: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, And, Through the Looking-Glass
  • The Mystery of the Sinister Scarecrow (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #29)
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

The Faraway Tree (4 books)
  • The Enchanted Wood (The Faraway Tree, #1)
  • The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2)
  • The Folk of the Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #3)