Start by marking “Just Annoying!” as Want to Read:
Just Annoying!

Just Annoying! (Just series)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,020 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Is this the right book for you?

Take the ANNOYING TEST and find out.

1) Do you ask `Are we there yet?' over and over on long car trips?
2) Do you like to drive people mad by copying everything they say and do?
3) Do you hog the shower and use up all the hot water?
4) Do you enjoy asking silly questions that have no real answers?
5) Do you swing on the clothesline whenever you
Paperback
Published August 1st 1998 by Pan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Just Annoying!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Annoying!

S.K. Levy
Oh my goodness if this wasn't the greatest series written for middle grade kids who want to be endlessly entertained then I don't know what is. These books are the most fantastic, imaginative, gross and wonderful stories, not to mention the illustrations! The book is filled with flip pictures, other smaller stories of cartoons across the pages and it is just SO entertaining. I have never laughed so much reading anything in my life, and despite being about twelve or so when I did read them all, I ...more
Nina
The sequel to Just Joking- Just Annoying really lives up to its name. Andy is a boy whose favorite habit is pulling pranks on people or doing anything to just annoy them. I liked the second book much more than the first one.

The stories that I liked were 'Are we there yet?', 'Wish you weren't here', 'Copycat from Ballarat', 'Imaginary friends', 'Would you rather?' and 'The last Jaffa'. That's a whole lot more stories that I liked when compared to the first book, which must say a lot about it.

The
Tracy
I am reading this entire series to my children and they are absolutely loving it. Andy is hilarious as a character and my husband has even taken to listening to storytime and is laughing almost as much as the kids are. I must admit that I sometimes struggle not to laugh while reading. My favourite story was 'In the shower with Andy'. I admit I did snort while laughing at this tale. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series. I rate it a 3.5 stars, but am sure it would be closer to 5 if yo ...more
Joe
A friend recommended this book to me. When I read Just annoying I thought it was going to be boring with lame jokes and such. But it turns out it was actually hilarious and exciting in some ways. This book is about a kid named andy that is a ten year old who likes to annoy anyone he can, whenever he can. Sometimes his sister, sometimes his friends and sometimes his parents. The way he annoys people makes the whole book a comedy. I think that Andy Griffiths did a fantastic job of getting the read ...more
Nikoleta
Just Annoying is about Andy Griffiths, who is a prankster. Everybody thinks that he is really annoying (because he annoys them with pranks). He also does all kinds of crazy stuff- Andy jumps from a running motorcycle into his father's car, makes imaginary friends, turns his bathroom into a swimming pool, etc.
During reading this book I made a text-to-world connection. I have seen the series about Andy Griffiths. The show is exactly the same as the book. It's really funny and entertaining.
I gi
Alisha
Andy Griffiths is an exquisite comedic writer. I'd say these books are more aimed towards young boys, but I found it incredibly hilarious, and well I'm a girl!
Diana Jaber
this book is the best - well honestly, all of Andy Griffiths' books put you in a great mood! this is one of my favourites!
Sue Keay
I'm so glad I read this book to my children. I already suspected that they were naturally gifted at being annoying but this book gave them a whole new set of skills to add to their arsenal.
Jaz Sinner
Most memorable childhood books were by Andy Griffiths!
LucasMcConnell17
the book was very funny and wierd
Belinda
OMG. I read this book ages ago. I don't remember heaps, to be honest, I might've gotten some of the stories muddled up in the other Just books.

What I can say is that: I loved this book. Or well, specifically the whole series. I wanted to read all the books that my school library had, which was quite a lot.

From what I can remember, it's filled with ridiculous scenarios that you can either scrunch your nose at and think how stupid it is, or laugh your ass off, wanting more.

(I'm the latter :))
Beetle13
Oct 09, 2011 Beetle13 rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone who needs a laugh
Shelves: library, reviewed, own
It feels odd to rate such a book four stars, but I simply have to. This book is, in a lack of a better word, hilarious. Absolutely hilarious! It is about Andy, who is trying quite hard to annoy his friends, neighbors, parents, sister, pets, and just about anyone who crosses his way. And he's good at it! I have laughed so hard I even started crying. This happened each time I finished this book, and I did so multiple times. This is probably the most hilarious book I ever finished, and that is sayi ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Just Annoying by Andy Griffiths

Andy (Is it coincidence that this book's main character has the same name as the author?) bugs people. His dad. His mom. His sister. Friends. Neighbors. Just about everybody, actually.

I could see this book would be very, very popular among the children at my school. Especially among those who like to annoy others. I suppose I must acquire a copy of it for my school library.

A 1001 CBYMRBYGU.
Tyler
So pretty much (Just Annoying) contains nine short storys in it such as (The Last Jaffa) where Andy, the main charter is at the movies and searchs for the last peace of his favorite candy and gets into all sorts of trouble while trying to find it, but a few of the storys in this book are sort of boring like one where andy does nothing but swing on the close line, but over all I thank that it is a pretty good book.
Nett Uwland
I read this book for the Australian Children's Literature course I am doing, and I found it to be right up the alley of any young boy, aged 10-13. Very funny and full of practical jokes. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a reluctant young son. He will be thoroughly engaged in the book, and it will give him some essential reading practice too.
Patrick Taylor
Andy Griffiths made, quite simply, a creation that differs from a typical mischevious boy to energetic fun. I was quite contented at first, but then I got used to the short narratives' amatuer plots and word use. But overall it was a pleasing book of unique and compelling standards. Unfortunately it wasn't the case in some other of Andy's books.
Amanda
This series was ok, I seemed to like it when I was younger but I cannot enjoy them now. The humour in the story is based on things that are immature so as I have grown up I can no longer appreciate the humour. However the author visited my school when I was in Year 4 and I thought it was the coolest thing since sliced bread.
Jordan Bartlett
I think that this wasn't a great book of short stories i liked a few of them but also felt some of them were a bit childish the authors different use of language in different stories was good he used quite a few different language features through out the story
Jock Parsons
this book is really good it hase 9 short storyies in it is the second adition to the searies. my favrote storyie in it is when andy silikans the showere together and tryies to fill the showere up to the top but befor he nows it he is stuck in the shower.
Linda
I laughed plenty more than I thought I would

& since thousands of Aussie kids have been devouring Andy's books for a while now I think he's on to something.....

They'll like the little pictures around the edges done by Terry Denton too.
Tracy Morton
This series of short stories by Andy Griffiths are hilarious. I did them as read alouds for my grade 4/5 class and the kids loved them. They would beg me to read one more story and wouldn't let me miss a read aloud session.
Rohan
In Just Annoying, you will meet a boy called Andy who wants to become the most annoying person in the world. Watch Andy bug his friends, irritate his sister, and drive his parents crazy. This is a great book and very hilarious.
Megan
As I've said before, these books are...

...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^w^
Julie *Friday's Child*
Hilarious middle-grade book, I remember when I was in like 3rd grade and I literally cried when reading this. (but then again, I wasn't a particularly clever kid)
Ba Boon
i have learnt that i AM NOT THE MOST ANNOYING KIDD ON EARTH!
this book was really really hilarious you know i hope the author will continue on with hi great work
Ray.r
funny book of this kid named andy who does things that are very annoying to his family like filling the salt shaker with sugar and asking annoying questions
Meils
A great book to read if YOU are annoying (like myself)! The annoying test says so! But it's still a good book to read even if you are NOT annoying.
  • Quirky Tails (Uncollected)
  • 45 + 47 Stella Street And Everything That Happened (Stella Street, #1)
  • Children on the Oregon Trail
  • The Ship That Flew
  • The Swish of the Curtain
  • Grinny
  • Uncle
  • Mein Urgroßvater und ich (SZ Junge Bibliothek, #7)
  • The Incredible Adventures of Professor Branestawm
  • Marcelino Pan Y Vino
  • Brendon Chase
  • Keväällä isä sai siivet (Austraasia, #1)
  • The Cucumber King
21956
Andy Griffiths is Australia’s most popular children’s writer. He is the author of over 20 books, including nonsense verse, short stories, comic novels and plays. Over the past 15 years Andy’s books have been New York Times bestsellers, won over 50 children’s choice awards, been adapted as a television cartoon series and sold over 5 million copies worldwide.

Andy is best known as the author of the
More about Andy Griffiths...

Just series (9 books)
  • Just Wacky
  • Just Shocking!
  • Just Macbeth
  • Just  Doomed!
The Day My Butt Went Psycho The 13-Storey Treehouse Just Crazy (PB) Just Stupid! Just Disgusting!