Start by marking “Where the Red Fern Grows: And Related Readings ” as Want to Read:
Where the Red Fern Grows: And Related Readings

Old dog / William Stafford --
Grip / Brendan Kennelly --
Friends of the hunted Ryland Loos --
Why they quit: thoughts from ex-hunters / Dena Jones Jolma --
Two dreamers / Gary Soto.
Published January 1st 1996 by McDougal Littel

To ask other readers questions about Where the Red Fern Grows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where the Red Fern Grows

Rigo
"this is about a youg boy that does not go to school. so he got enspirered by hering his dads friends talk about there hunting days.and all the fun they had hunting with there dogs.so he tells his dad that he wants to hunt and he wants two blood hounds.but his dad says it is to much, so he goes look for some cheap dogs on a add. then he finds two for $50. so he begins to work for his mony".

"I recomend this book to everone.it is a okay book it is eazy yo read. it is a nice book to read so far it
Nina Dawson
This book is a touching story about a boy with to dogs and the adventure of a racoon hunter. This story has happy and sad moments that will make you cry. I read this book in the 7th grade Engligh class. It is a great story for young kids, and also parents with kids. It shows the bond between kids and there pets.
Miss
A truly heart warming but sorrowful tale of a boy and his dogs. I had to get this book when I saw Where the Red Fern Grows, I always loved this story and hope to pass it on, since I first read it in fourth grade.
Ori
This was one of my favorite books as a boy. I was also a big fan of Summer of the Monkeys, but this one broke my heart each time I read it. And of course I never had a dog, but someday I'd like to have a hound dog. And also maybe a son. I'm less sure about living in the Ozarks, but I haven't ruled it out yet.
Cid
Feb 11, 2010 Cid rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cid by: Ben
Read this with my 12 year old son for our Parent Child Book Club. It was one of his favourite books from school last year. It is a lovely story about a boys and his dogs, a bit of a surprise choice for my son
since he usually goes for the fantasy and gore books.
Anthony
This book is a heart warming story that is about a boy with to dogs and the adventure of a racoon hunter. This story has happy and sad moments that will make you cry which I'm prety sure you will. It isa great story.
nadia
i was around 10 when i read this for school, and was sobbing so hard at the end that in order to finish it my mother had to read the last pages to me aloud, then she started sobbing. clearly we're wusses.
Doris
the relationship between the dog and the boy reminds me of me and my dog but i think i would die if my dog died on me! -tear- =(
May 31, 2009 Sarah rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sarah by: I HAVE to read it for school
I didn't read all of the related readings, but a lot of them I did not want to read.
Kathy
The dog genre is a little too boyish for me, but this was probably my favorite.
Ryan
I've read this book more than any other and I cry every time. Seriously.
Natasha
i didn't finish it yet i'm in chapter 10...lol
Imani
so sad :(((((
Shahbaj
Shahbaj marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
20_gLepold
20_gLepold marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Madeline
Madeline marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Maha
Maha added it
Aug 24, 2014
Maha
Maha marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Mark
Mark added it
Jun 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Animal Farm and Related Readings The Language of Literature: British Literature Literature Connections Sourcebook: A Wrinkle in Time (L'Engle) and Related Readings In My Father's House: And Related Readings Literature Connections Sourcebook, Across Five Aprils and Related Readings