Start by marking “Garfield Rolls On (Garfield Classics, #11)” as Want to Read:
Garfield Rolls On (Garfield Classics, #11)

Garfield Rolls On (Garfield (FR) #11)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  609 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
You just can't keep a good cat down. And with Garfield you'd need muscles to do it, anyway. This is the frisky feline's tenth collection and is full of the antics and acrobatics you know and love him for. As a bonus it also features an inteview with Jim Davis about how he became a cartoonist!
Published July 26th 2005 by Ballantine Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Garfield Rolls On, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Garfield Rolls On

Zala
Anecdote time
My sister borrowed this book quite a while ago and we were planning to read it together, but we never got around to it, and then I went to Rome. When I came back my sister had already read the book by herself and, because she would be returning it on Monday, I thought I wouldn't get to read it at all. Then out of the blue I found myself having to sit outside, alone, feeling emotionally and physically drained, and the wind blowing like crazy. And the only thing I could stomach read
Conan Tigard
Nov 17, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Garfield is a classic comic. It has withstood the ravages of time is and still quite popular even after 25 years. Although I prefer the earlier looks of Garfield, he can still bring a smile to my lips.

Like any other Garfield book, I like the longer storylines that Jim Davis occasionally does. One shots are okay, but nothing adds to the flavor of a good daily comic strip like a continuing story from day to day. It really keeps the reader coming back for more.

Overall, Garfield Rolls On is a plea
Jeremy
Jul 31, 2007 Jeremy rated it it was amazing
Aaaaaaaah, my first glossy rectangular Garfield book! Such contentment! You weren't very cool if you didn't have one of these back in the day. Somehow, this was the only one I ever ended up getting my hands on, but I knew kids who had pretty impressive Garfield libraries. I just kept reading this one over and over again. Once you hit eighth or ninth grade and it sinks in that the world isn't a magical playland for your own personal amusement, funnies tend to mysteriously lose their funniness (th ...more
Thalia Papadakis
Jul 25, 2016 Thalia Papadakis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was addicted to these as a kid. I drove my parents insane following them around demanding, "Read this one!" I'm sure that my Dad regretted owning a bookstore. As an adult, I foster cats, and every foster kitten has a picture taken in a box labeled "to: Abu Dhabi." None of my two personal cats are obese, but one is especially adept at tossing chihuahuas off furniture using only one paw...
Christine Jackman
Feb 26, 2016 Christine Jackman rated it it was amazing
I used to collect the Garfield books (and bookmarks) and this was a trip down memory lane! Still funny after all these years (32, to be precise!)
Arwela
Nov 09, 2015 Arwela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Un bon Garfield, comme toujours.
Mazeli Dee
Kim
Oct 26, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-strips
book #11

Garfield turns 6, gets Stretch the Chicken for a a birthday gift, meets Squeek the Mouse, visits the farm, goes camping, survives a visit from Doc Boy and then his and Jon's parents, gets lost while Jon is away at a cartoonist's convention and finds his mother and grandfather, finds his way home in time for Christmas
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*
Garfield is always a fun, easy comic where you can leave your brain at the door but enjoy plenty of snickering at the felines' bizarre and selfish antics. A cute book that's fun to look through.
Tara Calaby
Sep 23, 2015 Tara Calaby rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-strip, humour, pets
Garfield is second only to Footrot Flats when it comes to my most-loved comic strips, and even then, it's only by a smidgeon.
Susan Dickson
Aug 26, 2010 Susan Dickson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own-these
I think this one is my favourite Garfield book... I used to make myself read them in order... silly me!
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it
See what he did there, with the pun?
Iggy Igwell
May 10, 2010 Iggy Igwell rated it it was amazing
Shelves: garfield
Garfield dislikes alarm clocks.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Sep 13, 2010 Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I love the fat cat!!
Dale Rosso
May 03, 2014 Dale Rosso rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor
Lots of laughs.
Owen
Owen marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Erik Nguyen
Erik Nguyen marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
April
April rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Danny Nelson
Danny Nelson rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2016
Kevin Lewis
Kevin Lewis rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2016
Hugh
Hugh marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2016
Alex Henry
Alex Henry rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Makenna Rowekamp
Makenna Rowekamp rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
kitten_90
kitten_90 rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2016
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Carter G
Carter G rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Amandalynn
Amandalynn marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
  • A Little Look-See:  Mutts 6 (Mutts, #6)
  • It Came from The Far Side
  • Nighthogs: A Pearls Before Swine Collection
  • We Are Experiencing Parental Difficulties...Please Stand by: Baby Blues Scrapbook No. 5
  • Houston, You Have a Problem: A FoxTrot Collection
  • Another Day in Cubicle Paradise
  • Big Honkin' Zits (Zits Treasury, #2)
  • Is This "One of Those Days," Daddy? (For Better or For Worse, #2)
  • It's A Dog's Life, Snoopy
  • Bucky Katt's Big Book of Fun: A Get Fuzzy Treasury
  • The Revenge of the Baby-Sat
James Robert "Jim" Davis is an American cartoonist who created the popular comic strip Garfield. Other comics that he has worked on are Tumbleweeds, Gnorm Gnat, Slapstick, and a strip about Mr. Potato Head.

Jim Davis was born in Fairmount, Indiana, near Marion, where he grew up on a small farm with his father James William Davis, mother Anna Catherine (Carter) Davis, brother Dave, and 25 cats. Davi
More about Jim Davis...

Garfield (FR) (1 - 10 of 60 books)
  • Garfield Prend Du Poids (Garfield, #1)
  • Faut pas s'en faire (Garfield, #2)
  • Les yeux plus gros que le ventre (Garfield, #3)
  • La faim justifie les moyens (Garfield, #4)
  • Moi, on m'aime (Garfield, #5)
  • Une lasagne pour mon royaume (Garfield, #6)
  • La diète, jamais! (Garfield, #7)
  • Qui Dort Dîne (Garfield, #8)
  • La Bonne Vie ! (Garfield, #9)
  • Tiens bon la rampe (Garfield, #10)