Start by marking “Apple Turnover Murder Bundle with Key Lime Pie Murder, Cherry Cheesecake Murder, Lemon Meringue Pie Murder and an EXTENDED excerpt of Devil's Food Cake Murder” as Want to Read:

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  287 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Apple Turnover Murder Bundle

Apple Turnover Murder

The Luscious Los Angeles Times And USA Today Bestseller!

Early summer brings plenty of work for baker Hannah Swensen, even before Mayor Bascomb's wife drops by The Cookie Jar to place an order for her charity event...for eleven-hundred cookies! And Hannah almost flips when her business partner, Lisa, suggests setting up an

Published (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Apple Turnover Murder Bundle with Key Lime Pie Murder, Cherry Cheesecake Murder, Lemon Meringue Pie Murder and an EXTENDED excerpt of Devil's Food Cake Murder

Tammy S. Weibel
This review refers to the ebook version of the bundle.

I read the first book in the series and then bought this bundle. I like the series alright but have to say that I prefer the Suzanne Heart character in Jessica Beck's Donut Shop Mystery series. Just a personal opinion. Also, the order of the books in the bundle was all mixed up. I didn't expect them to be "consecutive" in order but at least chronologically in order would have been good. It was jarring going back and forth in time and that did...more
Ms.
Ridiculous books. Embarrassing, like eating too many donuts. Can't imagine why I like this genre so much, but I do! If you removed every reference to drinking coffee, the books would lose 1/3 their volume. I still prefer Diane Mott Davidson, but enjoyed these, even though the love triangle thing got on my nerves. I would not recommend these to anyone I know unless they share my strange fascination with pastry chefs who solve REALLY hokey murders.
Betsey
Quick read - series gets repetitive. Great recipes and a mystery to solve.
Lisa
I tried to like these books, I really did.

I do like the recipes within the book, it's a great concept. They are great recipes, but the books are not.

I find the books focus on the baked goods, go into descriptive detail about each treat, from the baking process, to the tasting. The main story is mediocre at best. I found it severely lacking in everything.

I am an avid baker, so after I could not force myself to read any more of the story, I went through for the recipes specifically and wrote them...more
Pilla
I liked these! The only problem is that I am dying for cookies while reading them. They're light reading. I tried the mocha balls recipe and it came out great. I'll be trying more of the recipes.
Nancy
This series of books were fun and light reading. Hannah is a baker, who is about 20 pounds over weight. She has two boy friends, she is thirty, and she isn't ready to get married. She is part owner of the Cookie Jar, and they make wonderful cookies. The books are full of recipes, which hurried over. Hannah has three sisters, and a mother, who is always trying to get her married. Hannah has a habit of finding dead bodies. Hannah and her family and friends help to solve the murders. Hannah lives i...more
Reen Graham
It's always fun to escape reality into the world of Hannah. Wish I could live in that perfect community. I found many typos that distracted from the reading experience. I would read these stories despite the typos. Entertaining and at times tongue in cheek. A fictional character I can relate to and enjoy.
Di
Enjoy these mysteries, easily read, and light hearted. I do wish they had put them in the book in the order they were written.
Kj
Mar 02, 2014 Kj rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: fluke
Because I could not findApple Turnover by itself I used the bundle for this review. These books are more filled with recipes than anything else. I never tried the recipes but if they are anything like the books I am thankful because these stories have no substance. The love triangle is ridiculous and now the stories are. Anyone can see that no company would offer anyone such a ridiculous offer and the cured stomach ache? Awful series!!!
Joanna
Not my ideal type of book although I will read anything people give me (I'm also currently reading a textbook on engine repair). My mom has lent me numerous books from this series. It's not my favorite genre but I will say the Diane Mott Davidson books are better than these. I found more mistakes and flimsier storylines from the Joanne Fluke books and I think they went a little over board with the coffee references.
Trish
Good books. Easy read. Kind of like Jessica Fletcher but with cookies!
Makes me want to bake a batch of cookies! Bought this on my Kobo. Didn't like that the books were out of order. I am also not liking that my Kobo Vox search function is extremely limited and I am having trouble getting back to any of the recipes I wanted to try.
Kari
I read Apple Pie Turnover - don't know why I can't find it listed by itself here.
An old "flame" from Hannah's college comes to town. He seduced younger sister Michelle in the same way. ANd now he's dead, and Hannah helps to find the killer. Tension between the Norman/Mike choice is getting strained.
Cyndy
Goodies and mystery with a touch of romance and even some suspense. I think I'd like Hannah's Cookie Jar. and the recipes are very easy to follow
Natalie
Just finished reading the Apple Turnover and Key Lime Pie books in thjs series. Both were very good & I love all the recipes included!
Peg
Just finished "Devil's Food Cake Murder" and it was fun as usual. And I love being in the kitchen as much as Hannah, so we've bonded!
Betty
I got this set on my Kindle for about $5. It was great not having to look for another book when I finished one of them.
Christine Lussier
e-book returned itself to the library before I could finish! Another day...
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Bannedbooksbestreadsever
Bannedbooksbestreadsever marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Lissy Kougl
Lissy Kougl marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Leanne Edwards
Leanne Edwards marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
  • Sugar and Spice
  • Best Books of 2013: Reader's Guide
  • Just Add Trouble (Hetta Coffey Mystery, #3)
  • A Sarah Dessen e-book Sampler
  • Pitch Dark: Dark Days of Summer Sampler
  • Tempting Fate (The Lost Girls, #3)
  • Must-Read Teen Novel Sampler
  • A Decadent Way to Die (Savannah Reid Mystery, #16)
  • It Happened One Valentine's Day: An Avon Romance Valentine's Day Sampler
  • A Valentine from Harlequin: Six Degrees of Romance
  • Too Pretty to Die (Debutante Dropout, #5)
  • The Sudbury School Murders (Captain Lacey, #4)
  • Huckleberry Finished (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #2)
  • PitchDark Presents the Dark Days of Supernatural Paranormal Romance Sampler
  • Reservations for Two
  • A Pizza To Die For (Pizza Lovers, #3)
  • A Little Bit of Everything For Dummies
  • Susan Mallery Bundle
Like Hannah Swensen, Joanne Fluke grew up in a small town in rural Minnesota where her neighbors were friendly, the winters were fierce, and the biggest scandal was the spotting of unidentified male undergarments on a young widow's clothesline. She insists that there really are 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is NOT the state bird.

While pursuing her writing career, Joanne has worked as: a public sch...more
More about Joanne Fluke...
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5) Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8) Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #2) Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3)