Start by marking “She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)” as Want to Read:
She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)

She Died Too Young (One Last Wish #9)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,080 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Chelsea James and Katie O'Roark met at Jenny House and spent a wonderful summer together.

Now Chelsea and her mother are staying with Katie as Chelsea awaits news concerning a heart transplant. While waiting for a compatible donor, Chelsea meets Jillian, a girl who's funny and kind. Jillian is also waiting. She needs a heart-lung transplant. The two girls become fast friend
Published February 1st 1994 by Laurel Leaf (first published 1994)

Ashley

Too much about Katie and John and not enough about Jillian and Chelsea. Josh just annoyed me through this book. Like he couldn't accept that he isn't Katie's whole life. Seems like the kind of guy who could get obsessive easily. Not usual for this series. Also, I wasn't all that attached to Jillian like I was with the girls in the past.

Didn't like too much.
Keshia Burchette
Jan 20, 2017 Keshia Burchette rated it it was amazing
Lurlene McDaniel is wonderful at capturing the anguish that these teens and their families go through. Her books show that sometimes life isn't fair and in order to save one person someone else might not be so lucky.
Rachael
Nov 19, 2016 Rachael rated it liked it
My Actual Rating: 3.0

I liked this book alright. Chelsea is really mature for her age but I found her story a tad bit boring. Thankfully we got to mean Jillian and she helped move this book along. I loved the bond between Chelsea & Jillian and how much they wanted the other to get the transplant when it came time. It's shocking that so many people are waiting for organs and so few people are donating them. These transplant books have made me start expressing to my loved ones my desire to don
Jadamoore702
Mar 01, 2013 Jadamoore702 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this book is a very life changing book because of its realistic feel the book will catch your eye for those who are interested in books like this if you are in a situtation where you think life is to precious to live read this book. the story starts off with 3 girls named chealse,kate and jullian witch are all a waiting to get a transplant for either a heart,lung or both all of the girls are to have to face the fact that one of them might not get a heart transplante as the story goe ...more
Kayla
Sep 24, 2010 Kayla added it
This book was the saddest book I think that i could ever read. It was very heart wrenching. The story about how a young girl fights for her life that she has barely got to live. And another young girl who is a twin but she is sick and her sibling is not and she needs two different organs. Those two girls end up meeting and they both need a new heart. The question is who is gonna get the heart in the end and who isn't. I didn't like the ending i just didn't feel it should have ended that way. My ...more
Arya
Dec 27, 2009 Arya rated it liked it
Shelves: sob-stories
A story about a heart that can only go to one . . .and the friends who both need it - one will live . . . the other will die. What emotions go with this trauma?

This was a good book but I thought that it was not threshed out enough. I would have liked to know if anything ever developed between Chelsea and the Texas girl's brother. . .all in all a sad, but good book . . .not a "fun" read, but a nice one.
Mikaela R
Dec 22, 2010 Mikaela R rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Caroline
Aug 08, 2008 Caroline rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series
This book was a really good book about some familiar One Last Wish characters. Katie and Chelsea are anxious waiting for Chelsea to have a new heart. But then Chelsea meets Jillian, a rich Texan girl waiting for a heart-lung transplant. Both girls are in bad condition when someone who can donate dies. Who will get the heart?
Addie V
Feb 04, 2011 Addie V rated it liked it
This was a very good book. It was sad when chelshea only got the heart transplant and not jillian. And Jillian was left to die with no heart transplant. But I thought it was cool how Jilliam and chelsea met. but you will have to read this book to find out how and why chelsea only got the heart transplant. It is a very good and short book.
Mrs. Schonour
May 21, 2012 Mrs. Schonour rated it really liked it
Shelves: illness-dying
I really love this story! It's a really interesting idea and I learned a lot about terminal illnesses. The narrative voice is believable and I felt like I really got to know the girls and care about them. I've read this book many times and I always enjoy it.
Mary Bronson
This was a very good heartwarming book. I loved it! Lurlene does such a great job with her books. This was a great story of self finding, friendship, and loss. I also think that One Last Wish series is fantastic! :)
Nathalie
Apr 12, 2009 Nathalie rated it did not like it
I hate this book didnt even read it all the front might be convicing and the back might be intreging but i just couldnt get past the first fue pages i dont recomend it but if you read it and you like it add a comment why do you like it?. LOL. I dont recomend it.
Lindsay
Aug 18, 2013 Lindsay rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
I really like how this book was a continuation to the previous book. It is nice to follow characters and see how things went.
Lydia
Mar 18, 2011 Lydia rated it it was amazing
This book is one of lurlene's greatest . It drawls the reader in and keeps them on edge. I know I couldn't put the book down ! Really sad but very moving and powerful.
Jess
No stealth tears in this one. But I'd forgotten that the stuff I was actually wanting to read is in later books, so it's good that I got those from the library too.
Jaclyn Goss
Nov 16, 2008 Jaclyn Goss rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-fiction
Welcome to a world of hope and dispair. I liked this book when I read it, and would suggest it to others. The ending really tears your heart to pieces!
Abbi
Abbi rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Katherine
Katherine rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2012
Kendra Moody
Kendra Moody rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Bryna Furner
Bryna Furner rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Mallory
Mallory rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2009
Jo
Jo rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2011
Katie DeVelin
Katie DeVelin rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2017
Ilyse Kramer
Ilyse Kramer rated it it was ok
Nov 10, 2016
Kayla Absher
Kayla Absher rated it it was ok
Mar 12, 2012
Brooke
Brooke rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2012
Shandi
Shandi rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2016
A.
A. rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2012
Stevie
Stevie rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2010
  • Summer Rider (Saddle Club, #68)
  • Battlecry Forever! (Thoroughbred: Ashleigh's Collection)
  • Snowbound (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #7)
  • Our Secret Love (Love Stories For Young Adults, #26)
  • Peer Pressure (Girl Talk, #9)
  • The Middle School Gets Married (Sweet Valley Twins and Friends #68)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...

One Last Wish (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • A Time to Die (One Last Wish, #1)
  • Mourning Song (One Last Wish, #2)
  • Mother, Help Me Live (One Last Wish, #3)
  • Someone Dies, Someone Lives (One Last Wish, #4)
  • Sixteen and Dying (One Last Wish, #5)
  • Let Him Live (One Last Wish, #6)
  • The Legacy: Making Wishes Come True (One Last Wish, #7)
  • Please Don't Die (One Last Wish, #8)
  • All the Days of Her Life (One Last Wish, #10)
  • A Season for Goodbye (One Last Wish, #11)