Start by marking “She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)” as Want to Read:
She Died Too Young (One Last Wish, #9)

She Died Too Young (One Last Wish #9)

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  905 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Chelsea James and Katie O'Roark met at Jenny House and spent a wonderful summer together.

Now Chelsea and her mother are staying with Katie as Chelsea awaits news concerning a heart transplant. While waiting for a compatible donor, Chelsea meets Jillian, a girl who's funny and kind. Jillian is also waiting. She needs a heart-lung transplant. The two girls become fast friend...more
Published February 1st 1994 by Laurel Leaf (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about She Died Too Young, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about She Died Too Young

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDanielSix Months to Live by Lurlene McDanielSo Much to Live for by Lurlene McDanielA Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDanielAngels Watching Over Me by Lurlene McDaniel
Lurlene McDaniel Novels
34th out of 62 books — 80 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. RowlingThe Giver by Lois LowrySpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Teen Novels of the 90s
16th out of 151 books — 60 voters

More lists with this book...

Jadamoore702
I think that this book is a very life changing book because of its realistic feel the book will catch your eye for those who are interested in books like this if you are in a situtation where you think life is to precious to live read this book. the story starts off with 3 girls named chealse,kate and jullian witch are all a waiting to get a transplant for either a heart,lung or both all of the girls are to have to face the fact that one of them might not get a heart transplante as the story goe...more
Kayla
Sep 24, 2010 Kayla added it
This book was the saddest book I think that i could ever read. It was very heart wrenching. The story about how a young girl fights for her life that she has barely got to live. And another young girl who is a twin but she is sick and her sibling is not and she needs two different organs. Those two girls end up meeting and they both need a new heart. The question is who is gonna get the heart in the end and who isn't. I didn't like the ending i just didn't feel it should have ended that way. My...more
Arya
A story about a heart that can only go to one . . .and the friends who both need it - one will live . . . the other will die. What emotions go with this trauma?

This was a good book but I thought that it was not threshed out enough. I would have liked to know if anything ever developed between Chelsea and the Texas girl's brother. . .all in all a sad, but good book . . .not a "fun" read, but a nice one.
Mikaela R
Addie V
This was a very good book. It was sad when chelshea only got the heart transplant and not jillian. And Jillian was left to die with no heart transplant. But I thought it was cool how Jilliam and chelsea met. but you will have to read this book to find out how and why chelsea only got the heart transplant. It is a very good and short book.
Caroline
Aug 08, 2008 Caroline rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of the series
This book was a really good book about some familiar One Last Wish characters. Katie and Chelsea are anxious waiting for Chelsea to have a new heart. But then Chelsea meets Jillian, a rich Texan girl waiting for a heart-lung transplant. Both girls are in bad condition when someone who can donate dies. Who will get the heart?
Nathalie
I hate this book didnt even read it all the front might be convicing and the back might be intreging but i just couldnt get past the first fue pages i dont recomend it but if you read it and you like it add a comment why do you like it?. LOL. I dont recomend it.
Mrs. Schonour
I really love this story! It's a really interesting idea and I learned a lot about terminal illnesses. The narrative voice is believable and I felt like I really got to know the girls and care about them. I've read this book many times and I always enjoy it.
Mary Bronson
This was a very good heartwarming book. I loved it! Lurlene does such a great job with her books. This was a great story of self finding, friendship, and loss. I also think that One Last Wish series is fantastic! :)
Lydia
This book is one of lurlene's greatest . It drawls the reader in and keeps them on edge. I know I couldn't put the book down ! Really sad but very moving and powerful.
Jess
No stealth tears in this one. But I'd forgotten that the stuff I was actually wanting to read is in later books, so it's good that I got those from the library too.
Jaclyn Goss
Welcome to a world of hope and dispair. I liked this book when I read it, and would suggest it to others. The ending really tears your heart to pieces!
Lindsay
I really like how this book was a continuation to the previous book. It is nice to follow characters and see how things went.
Lexi Scott
It was a very good book.
Carina
Oct 16, 2008 Carina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes good books
Recommended to Carina by: I always read her books
A good book.
Morgan
Great boook.
Ashley18
looooooove it!!!!
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
  • Baby-sitters at Shadow Lake (The Baby-Sitters Club Super Special, #8)
  • Dead Heat (Thoroughbred, #35)
  • The New You (Girl Talk, #3)
  • Home for Christmas (Sweet Valley University, #8)
  • The Boy Next Door (Love Stories For Young Adults, #4)
  • Aisha Goes Wild (Making Out, #8)
  • Can True Love Survive High School? (Dating Game, #3)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye