4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Join the underwater adventure of My Finny Fin Fin, a delightful spin on The Three Little Pigs, and find out where each dolphin builds his home.Meet the dangerous predator, the hungry shark, who discovers them. What will happen to the dolphins? Will they be strong enough to defeat the shark? Dive into this underwater journey to see what unfolds.

This is an eLIVE book, meani...more
Published February 15th 2011 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises

Culloo by Murielle CyrMy First Travel Book by Anna OthitisFern Valley by Aileen StewartMy Finny Fin Fin by Judi ChesshirTurtle Wish by Murielle Cyr
KINDLE eBOOKS CHILDREN
4th out of 208 books — 202 voters
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleBrown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr.The Monster at the End of this Book by Jon StoneDear Zoo by Rod CampbellWe're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
Best Toddler Books
33rd out of 235 books — 165 voters

More lists with this book...

Molly Bryant
Truly a FABULOUS children's book! Judi Chesshir has an eye for what will catch the children's attention! My daughter keeps asking me to read it over, and over. My Finny Fin Fin is TRULY an unforgettable under the sea adventure! YOUR KIDS WILL LOVE IT!!!!
Kathy
Review by Kathy Goodhew, author of;A Vision Beyond Abuse

My Finny Fin Fin is a must read for your little one! Author Judi Chesshir truly captured the gentle tug of the deep blue sea with this adventurous tale of three young dolphins venturing beyond the safety of their family and home. The story is well written, easy to follow, kept my interest, and lured me to want to know more. As the story unfolds a valuable lesson is also revealed. I listened to the audio while reading and felt that it was a...more
Deborah McCarragher
Review for My Finny Fin Fin

If you’re looking for a fun story to share with your child or grandchild, this is it! Not only do you get to sit with them and turn each page in anticipation of the next scene, but this witty adventure is twice as much fun when you also get to listen to it as an audio book. Kids and adults alike will be squealing with delight as they listen to this exciting narrated story.

Judi Chesshir uses her profession and gift of teaching to expound on a classic tale with a new und...more
Linda Robinson
Three Little Dolphins and The Big Bad Shark

My Finny Fin Fin, the children's book written by Judi Chesshir is absolutely adorable. It is filled with cute illustrations and an accompanying audio that adds the perfect finishing touch with the voices of the dolphins and the big bad shark. I believe all kids are fascinated with life 'under the ocean' and enjoy seeing the creatures and colorful fish that occupy it. If not, they will be 'hooked' when they see this book and read Judi Chesshir's creative...more
Jim Hughes
My Finny Fin Fin by author Judi Chesshir is a book that will both entertain and delight any child. My Finny Fin Fin is a spin on The Three Little Pigs, created during a classroom setting with the input of Judi’s students. It is fun to read and the audio book that accompanies the book makes it a delightful reading experience.
My Finny Fin Fin is a wonderful teaching tool and teachers and parents alike will find it to be helpful. Judi has included on her website different ideas on how to use this...more
Karen Gammons
You see a lot of reinventing of old stories, but none that compare to Judi Chesshir's book, My Finny Fin Fin. The classic tale of the Three Little Pigs has come back to life in the ocean, with a new twist on the little pigs. Dolphins! And it's not a big, bad wolf that's after the dolphins, but a huge shark. Vivid pictures, along with the narration that you can download, makes this book a wonderful read for both a child and and adult. Very cute and fun! I highly recommend it for any child.
Sherry
My Finny Fin Fin is an intriguing tale, told by Judi Chesshir that will take your child on a great adventure. The reader will go on a journey that is captivating, colorful and full of wisdom. If you want your child to develop a love of books, while learning at the same time, this is the perfect book for you! The illustrations are beautiful; the audio is a wonderful way to follow along with the story and is full of personality and charm.
Sherry Rossman, author of The Miracle of Rain
Lisa Budzinski
My Finny Fin Fin is such a fun read for little ones. Taking them deep into the ocean to see a story unfold for three little dolphins as they leave home and out on their own. The audio file that accompanies the book takes it to a new level with the scary voice of the shark. The author has done an exceptional job of putting a new spin on an old favorite and will be enjoyed by all for a long time to come!

Review by Lisa Davis Budzinski - author of "At the End of the Day"
Amy Gatliff
What a spin on The Three Little Pigs! This is a great children's book about three dolphins and their new homes. Their danger lies in the shark that is out to get them. This is a great addition to any children's library!
The Power to Never Give UpAmy Gatliff
Judi Chesshir
Apr 13, 2012 Judi Chesshir rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I'm actually the author of this book and I had a great time writing this story for my 2nd grade class. This book is available in paperback, CD, Nook & Kindle versions and can get special hardcover editions and 3D editions from the author. Just contact me here: http://judichesshir.tateauthor.com/

Here is an online radio advertisement that played on 67 radio stations. Enjoy!
Lisa Tortorello
In “My Finny, Fin, Fin”, Judi Chesshir tells a fun story of three little dolphins and their quest to live on their own. The pictures add a lot to the story too making it all that much more enjoyable. Listening to the audio e-Live download while I read the story was truly charming. The shark’s voice was great! Children will just eat this story up!

Lisa Tortorello – Author of “My Hero, My Ding”
Aileen Stewart
Judi Chesshir puts a whole new spin on the tale of The Three Little Pigs with her book My Finny Fin Fin. Three dolphin brothers each attempt to choose a good home, but only one chooses wisely and survives being eaten by the Big Bad Shark. Beautifully written, and beautifully illustrated, this book is a must have for all those in love with children’s fairy tales.
Lisa
Book Review by Lisa Suggs
Author of - Choices: When Divorce Happens to You and Your Children

My Finny Fin Fin is a colorful, creative take off of the famous children’s story, The Three Little Pigs. In this story, three little dolphins set out to the wide ocean to find a home for themselves. The first one finds a home that will feed his stomach. The second one finds a home where he can have fun. The third one finds a home that will keep him safe. I wonder which dolphin will survive...more
Melanie
loved it
Merlaine
Merlaine marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Nisha
Nisha marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Jihyun Kim
Jihyun Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Noémi
Noémi marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Dripti
Dripti marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Camden&cayden
Camden&cayden marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2013
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Kristina Southworh
Kristina Southworh marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Yasmine Sbeity
Yasmine Sbeity marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Sandra Pfeifer
Sandra Pfeifer marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I have been an elementary teacher for 21 years.I have taught 1st, 2nd, and 4th grade. I have had the pleasure of being albe to write with the students each day. My dream of writing and publishing a book finally came true on Feb. 15, 2011 when my first children's book was released. It has been a fun and exciting adventure. Drop by some of my other sites, when you have time. I would love to hear fro...more
More about Judi Chesshir...