Start by marking “Trump: The Way to the Top: The Best Business Advice I Ever Received” as Want to Read:
Trump: The Way to the Top: The Best Business Advice I Ever Received

Trump: The Way to the Top: The Best Business Advice I Ever Received

The host of the hit reality show The Apprentice presents an invaluable collection of grounded, hard-hitting advice on business success, from people who have made it to the boss s chair at some of America s most thriving companies.
How can you find the way to the top?
Ask people who are already there.
Because you can t know it all. No matter how smart you are, no matter how
Published May 18th 2004 by Crown Business (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Trump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trump

Fatima
Nov 05, 2011 Fatima rated it it was ok
Had I known up front that this book was a collection of 100 plus disparate pieces of advice from various business leaders with merely a three-page long introduction by the famed Donald Trump, I would have managed my expectations appropriately.
Kate
Oct 22, 2007 Kate rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I inadvertently got sucked into this one. Some good take-home messages. But embarassing to read on the subway.
John
Jun 05, 2015 John rated it it was ok
Only read the short ones - because "if your success advice won't fit on a business card...
Christopher Lewis Kozoriz
"Never take a job just for the money, for soon, like every living organism, you'll live beyond your means and you'll probably be miserable in your job. Always strive to take a job doing something you truly love to do. If it's money you seek, it will come to you in barrels-full, because if you love what you do, you'll no doubt do it very well and folks who want the best will beat your door down to employ you." (Jack Valenti: Donald J. Trump, Trump: The Way to the Top: The Best Business Advice I E ...more
Miranda Diaz
Dec 18, 2016 Miranda Diaz rated it did not like it
Shelves: business, career
This is basically a bunch of quotes from business tycoons that Trump put his name on. Don't waste your time.
s
May 09, 2016 s rated it liked it
Shelves: business
RNC never would have thought The Donald could win the GOP nomination. He did.

I thought I should dig into the mind of the person. In this book he cites business and career advice he has received from various leaders and some of them are worth noting.

(view spoiler)
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 David Feinstein rated it it was amazing
Trump, with his attorney, Bernard Diamond, and coordinator, Norma Foerderer, has leveraged contacts, friendships and clout, and collected pearls of wisdom from over 153 business leaders.

Trump implores the readers to learn from their own experiences, as well as the experiences of these leaders.

A good read...but the book gives only "tidbits"...terabytes rather than the meat...but makes you "hungry for more, more more".

Great addition to a read list by a successful Gazillionaire who has built empir
Sophie Bronkar
Jun 11, 2016 Sophie Bronkar rated it it was ok
Though this book is chock-full of both anecdotes and detailed life lessons, it is incomplete. One would expect that an author would expound on how he learned from advice he received. Mr. Trump, however, only wrote the entirety of two pages in his book. Indeed, he wrote the preface. Perhaps the work could be better coined a "compilation".
Max Anadon
Apr 26, 2009 Max Anadon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in business
Collection of short thoughts from some of the most successful business people in the world. Basically answering the question, 'What one thing would you say was the key to your success?'. Interesting insights...later I may add a few of my favorite...
Sunlita
Nov 20, 2007 Sunlita rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who looking for business advices
Shelves: four-stars-books
Because of I still haven't had a proper business by myself.. (even now..).. I just read this book as a 'entertaining' book, not as my unliving-mentor. But I guess I'll open this book again when I must take some important decisions in the future..
Gugu Maduna
Sep 16, 2015 Gugu Maduna rated it it was amazing
This is a great book the advises are straight forward and encouraging. Being the best requires an individual to be bold and consistant to purpose.
Eleanor Ruffes
Jul 28, 2016 Eleanor Ruffes rated it liked it
some good advice from top business leaders around the world. I like that each page is a separate anecdote from a different executive; can be read out of order or consulted sporadically.
Chandra Wirawan
Jangan melakukan hal tidak disukai apabila kita tidak ingin diperlakukan dengan cara yang sama . Jujurlah senantiasa , kebohongan
akan mengakibatkan hal yang tidak diinginkan .
Rich Urban
Mar 20, 2008 Rich Urban rated it it was amazing
A great compilation of Business & Life tips from some of the smartest people in the world..an easy read..
Temiyemi
Jun 22, 2008 Temiyemi rated it really liked it
overflowing with great lessons from successfula and almost-successful entrepreneurs and business people around the world.
James Mcdonough
James Mcdonough rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2013
yehuda
yehuda rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2009
Peter
Peter rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2009
Christian
Christian rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2011
Anto Saja
Anto Saja rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Román Pizzolante
Román Pizzolante rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2015
Jason Pelt
Jason Pelt rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2015
Tal Glantz
Tal Glantz rated it it was ok
Apr 05, 2016
Arpan
Arpan rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2007
Chris Tilton
Chris Tilton rated it liked it
Oct 09, 2012
J.c.
J.c. rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2012
Daren
Daren rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2009
Daniel Prasetyo
Daniel Prasetyo rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2012
Sg
Sg rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2009
  • How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life
  • Beware the Naked Man Who Offers You His Shirt: Do What You Love, Love What You Do, and Deliver More Than You Promise
  • Empires of the Mind: Lessons To Lead And Succeed In A Knowledge-Based World
  • The Project50 (Reinventing Work): Fifty Ways to Transform Every "Task" into a Project That Matters!
  • Getting It Done: How to Lead When You're Not in Charge
  • Trump University Real Estate 101: Building Wealth with Real Estate Investments
  • The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Succes
  • The Trump Card: Playing to Win in Work and Life
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich...Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards
  • Cook This, Not That!: Kitchen Survival Guide
  • You Can Negotiate Anything: The World's Best Negotiator Tells You How To Get What You Want
  • Simple Steps to Impossible Dreams: The 15 Power Secrets of the World's Most Successful People
  • The Influentials: One American in Ten Tells the Other Nine How to Vote, Where to Eat, and What to Buy
  • A Better Way to Live
  • Life Entrepreneurs: Ordinary People Creating Extraordinary Lives
  • The Smartest 401k Book You'll Ever Read: Maximize Your Retirement Savings...the Smart Way!
  • Winning: The Answers: Confronting 74 of the Toughest Questions in Business Today
  • Judgment: How Winning Leaders Make Great Calls
Donald John Trump is an American business executive, entrepreneur, television and radio personality, author and President-Elect of the United States of America. He is the CEO of the Trump Organization, a US-based real-estate developer, and the founder of Trump Entertainment, which operates several casinos. He received a great deal of publicity following the success of his reality television show, ...more
More about Donald J. Trump...