Start by marking “Born To Be Wild” as Want to Read:
Born To Be Wild

Born To Be Wild

Alexandra Carlton, Alex to her friends, the only girl born into a family of vampire hunters with strict rules. She lives and hunts by the Code. Despite insecurities and self-esteem issues about her appearance, she eagerly tracks a rogue
vamp carrying a contagious virus, deadly to vampires and humans alike, to prove her worth, to her family and herself.

Alex meets Stefan Mari
Published January 25th 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published December 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Born To Be Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born To Be Wild

Renee Rearden
Mar 02, 2011 Renee Rearden rated it liked it
Ever wondered what it would be like to be a vampire bounty hunter?

Alexandra Carlton knows. And being the baby girl of the family makes her job all the harder. She's tracking a vampire carrying a deadly virus that threatens vampires and humans alike. This is her first solo case, and she intends to prove she's as capable as her brothers—even if she has to work with a vampire enforcer to do it.

After following a lead to Atlanta, Alex checks out the local vampire bars and meets Stefan Marin. He is a
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
This is an interesting new take on the vampire romance genre. Alex and Stefan are very different, he is sophisticated and worldly and she is a bit naïve but determined to make a name for herself in her new profession. The plot is full of action and excitement, but is not for the faint of heart. The story can be a bit violent and pretty bloody at times, no pun intended. The author does a great job of inventing a world where vampires are a part of regular society. She makes it all very real and ...more
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Aug 24, 2014 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it liked it
Shelves: source-calibre
I really enjoyed this story, but it took me quite awhile to really get into it. That happens a lot with first books so I kept going. I really liked Stefan and Alex together. Stefans Dominance was extremely sexy too!
One thing that turned me off was the decision Stefan made while in captivity, regarding his actions with Cat. I wasn't expecting that and I couldn't stand her! It was hot don't get me wrong, its just that it was her.
I was very eager to dive into book two by the time I finished this
Suzan
May 28, 2012 Suzan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this story, it moved quite fast so you didn't have a chance to get bored in it and the characters were enjoyable to get to know! I could empathize with Alex some in the story and adored Stefan! Well worth a read!
hana
hana rated it it was amazing
Jun 16, 2014
Car
Car rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2015
Patty
Patty rated it liked it
May 04, 2012
Jennifer Labelle
Jennifer Labelle rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
May 07, 2014
Judith Dempsey
Judith Dempsey rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2016
Cynthia Arsuaga
Cynthia Arsuaga rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2011
Eva Millien
Eva Millien rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2013
Olivia
Olivia rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2014
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2012
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2014
Jessie O'Malley
Jessie O'Malley rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2012
Sophia
Sophia rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2016
D.S. Williams
D.S. Williams rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2013
Gail
Gail rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2016
elftree1
elftree1 rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
jocelyn yates
jocelyn yates rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
Jenny Arsuaga
Jenny Arsuaga rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2011
Liza
Liza rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2012
Kelly Still
Kelly Still rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Ryane
Ryane rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2014
Jessica Martin
Jessica Martin rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Cynthia resides in Orlando, Florida, the land of magic, surrounded by the treasured gems in her life, a caring, loving husband, dutiful and loyal daughter, and precious, delightful granddaughter. Oh, and not to forget her mischievous Yorkshire Terrier, Thumper.

Cynthia was a “Navy Brat” calling a different port home every couple of years—from Southern California, to Boston, to Virginia, to Florida.
More about Cynthia Arsuaga...