Start by marking “Bedtime and Naptime, and Bedtime and Naptime: The Simple Joys of a Mom's Life” as Want to Read:
Bedtime and Naptime, and Bedtime and Naptime: The Simple Joys of a Mom's Life

Bedtime and Naptime, and Bedtime and Naptime: The Simple Joys of a Mom's Life

For many years, Hilary Weeks has entertained audiences across the country with her lighthearted songs and stories about parenting. Through these songs and skits, she shares her charming advice for coping with the demands of raising children, with insightful strategies like "just focus on bedtime and naptime." Finally, after thousands of requests from fans, Hilary has pulle

Hardcover, 1 page
Published April 6th 2011 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about Bedtime and Naptime, and Bedtime and Naptime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bedtime and Naptime, and Bedtime and Naptime

Adelle
May 10, 2017 Adelle rated it liked it
Sweet messages to moms that remind us why we love being a mom! Plus the music that accompanies it is cute & accurate.
Monica
Sep 10, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it
Bedtime and Naptime is the uplifting and entertaining musings of Hilary Weeks, written with her candid sense of humor on motherhood. Seasoned with a mild sprinkling of favorite quotes by others such as Parley P. Pratt, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Virginia H. Pearce, she shares the joys of motherhood including her favorite times of bedtime and nap time. Did I mention Hilary loves it when her kids are asleep? Included with the book is a short CD featuring ditties composed to help mothers know what th ...more
Loni Spendlove
Apr 08, 2011 Loni Spendlove rated it liked it
Really an adorable little book and perfect for mother's day: with fun thoughts and photos, but it's really short. However, it does make up for the shortness with a CD of Hilary's music...some sweet little parodies like "Bedtime and Naptime...these are a few of my favorite things."

SPOILERS: My favorite thoughts were about naming your (clothes) washer (because we name the things we love) and how we will know our children through all eternity as adults, but God's gift to us now is to know them for
Corinna
Oct 19, 2011 Corinna rated it really liked it
Snippets of cuteness, encouragement, advice, and even a few simple recipes. Plus, the super cute Hilary Weeks CD, The Simple Joys of a Mom's life. Sometimes we need to be reminded to notice and appreciate the simple joys all around us. I needed the reminder, and I'm grateful for it. My favorite page: page 30, "Once in a while, before I retire to bed, I quietly slip into my daughters' rooms, where they are fast asleep. I tuck their hair behind their ears, lean over and softly whisper…I believe in ...more
Nick Platt
May 11, 2011 Nick Platt rated it it was amazing
My mom got this for my sister, but it was short and I thought why not read it really quickly? I was surprised at how great it really was. The best thing that I got from it was something she said about children. We will get to spend Eternity with our children as adults, so we should treasure the time we have been given with them as kids. What a beautiful true statement. Makes you change your whole outlook on children... :)
Kylene
May 03, 2011 Kylene rated it really liked it
I liked this short, inspirational read. I especially appreciated the quote about that through all eternity we will know our children as adults, so it's God's gift to us that we get to know them as children in this life. The recipes sound easy and yummy too. I also liked the CD that was included. Her parodies were really funny! I would rate the book 3 stars, but since there is also a CD, it deserves 3.5, so I'll just round up to 4. :)
Leslie
Jun 27, 2011 Leslie rated it liked it
This was a quick read. I was a little hesitant to read it because the title "Bedtime and Naptime" makes me think of just enduring being a mother. The book was not at all like that. It truly brought out the joys of being a mom and the happiness that comes with being with your kids. It made me grateful for the little blessings I have and remember the joy that they are.

p.s. Thanks, Kimberly, for letting me read it while I was at your house the other day. :)
Alisa
Apr 03, 2011 Alisa rated it really liked it
This is a sweet and simple book. It takes a very short time to read, but highlights some fun recipes, great quotes and thoughts of Hilary Weeks on motherhood. I especially liked her story of the butter and how sometimes we need to 'get rid' of our extra butter. Fun CD as well. Short reading, but good.
Alissa
Aug 07, 2011 Alissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: parenting, religion
A short book of Hilary Weeks' insights on motherhood. I loved this quote:
"I will spend eternity knowing [my children] as an adult. But tonight, right here, right now, and for the next few precious years, I have the rare privilage of knowing her as a child. What a gift to experience the children in our lives as children!"
Amanda Packer
Nov 07, 2011 Amanda Packer rated it really liked it
I just had the opportunity to hear Hilary at a Time out for Women conference and she is amazing. I bought this book and read it and loved it. It makes you think of the simple joys of being a mother.
Jessica
Jun 30, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
I love Hilary Weeks and this book is just fantastic. It's a super quick read if you're going to sit and read the entire thing but it's also fun to just flip through the pages and be inspired by her witty humor and simple testimony.
Kamicarlson
May 18, 2011 Kamicarlson rated it it was amazing
I love anything that Hilary Weeks is involved in. This is a very sweet and tender book that any mother will enjoy. The CD that comes with the book gave my abdominal muscles a great workout...it was so funny!!!
Amanda
May 11, 2012 Amanda rated it it was amazing
I recieved this book as a present from a great friend. It was amazing. Helped me to remember the little things, that what mothers do everyday--even the mundane things are IMPORTANT! Read it! I couldn't put it down!
Apr 17, 2011 Kristen rated it liked it
I thought the stories were cute, but there wasn't enough. The book just seemed thrown together at the last minute, not too cohesive. My favorite quote though was "Don't worry about what other people think of you; worry about what they think of themselves when they're with you."
Krista
Jan 21, 2012 Krista rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
This is so wonderful, a friend gave this too me and it is awesome. Funny, true and inspirational! Loved it
Christie
A cute book about the joys (and not so joyous moments) of motherhood. The CD that came with the book was better than the book itself!
Mar 10, 2011 Kristen rated it really liked it
Fun little book to make you laugh. If you've been to Time Out For Women you have probably heard most of the stories in the book.
Kimberly
May 23, 2011 Kimberly rated it liked it
Cute little songs and book.
Amber
May 17, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it
Totally hilarious and wonderful "quote book" about motherhood.
Maddy
May 09, 2011 Maddy rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was so uplifting and had great quotes!
Nanette
Mar 19, 2012 Nanette rated it it was amazing
Very cute
Michelle Parker
May 12, 2011 Michelle Parker rated it it was amazing
I liked it a lot! I especially loved the music. Any mother who reads this will laugh out loud with understanding! : )
Karlee
May 02, 2011 Karlee rated it really liked it
My mom just gave me this book and I love it. I think that Hilary Weeks is just so cute and I love what she has included in this book. Good food for thought!
Breena
Jun 22, 2014 Breena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, 2015
These are a few of my favorite things...

A refreshing reminder of what is meaningful and important after an especially rough bedtime/afternoon.

Enjoyable even upon a second read!
Lori
Mar 23, 2011 Lori rated it it was ok
Shelves: inspiration
I liked the recipes and quotes...but the other stuff was ok. I had to remind myself that she is sarcastic in her humor and the whole washing machine on vacation thing was...interesting.
Cheri
Mar 24, 2011 Cheri rated it it was ok
I am being generous by giving this two stars, only because of the great quotes.
Emily Wilding
Aug 15, 2012 Emily Wilding rated it really liked it
An uplifting book you can read in 30 minutes or less. Hilary Weeks has a great outlook on life.
Jun 30, 2011 Kristen rated it really liked it
Who knew Hilary Weeks was so funny! Love her insights into motherhood, and the accompanying cd is a laugh and a half!
Brenbren13
Jan 20, 2012 Brenbren13 rated it really liked it
Really easy read and had me laughing out loud. She has a great dry sense of humor and a profound thought about enjoying your children. Worth the read.
Jennifer Farr
Jul 01, 2011 Jennifer Farr rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Tara Bergeson, Joyce Olsen, Kara Moss
I loved the book and the CD with it. Absolutely fabulous!
« previous 1 3 next »