Start by marking “Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7)” as Want to Read:
Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7)

Up From the Grave (Night Huntress #7)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  18,681 Ratings  ·  2,036 Reviews
Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. No
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published January 28th 2014 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Up From the Grave, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kesha I would have rather is was anybody from her team except Trent.
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
14th out of 2,666 books — 15,917 voters
Night Broken by Patricia BriggsThe King by J.R. WardUp From the Grave by Jeaniene FrostSixth Grave on the Edge by Darynda JonesBurning Dawn by Gena Showalter
2014 Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy (January - June)
3rd out of 549 books — 2,496 voters

More lists with this book...

Taschima Cullen
Jan 30, 2014 Taschima Cullen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bea-2014
description

"Yeah, well, Bones and I had a couple months of relative quiet. Guess it's time to liven things up again."

This was a very good ending. If I'm being completely honest the last book of the Night Huntress series was a bit lacking, a very themed book that seemed like it needed to be more of a novella than anything else. But Up From the Grave delivers and manages to clean up whatever sour taste One Grave at a Time left behind. Full of shocking developments, and the humorous dialogue we have come to e
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Red Reaper Stars

First read 3/10/2014 Reread 12/6/2015

“You must be taking a piss on me.” “Am I expected to know what that means?” Madigan asked coolly. Bones leaned forward, all traces of laughter gone. “Allow me to be clearer: If you think you’re forcing my wife to work for you, you don’t know who you’re fucking with.”-Bones and Madigan

photo 10341351_zps713udots.gif

“Ian,” I managed. A chuckle vibrated against my lips. “Don’t fancy him joining us, sorry.” I shoved against his chest, but it didn’t move him. “He’ll hear us,
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Cat & Bones Stars

Some people were born to be mothers,fathers, inventors,artists, speakers, preachers... and then there was us.

description

A bittersweet finale for one of the best paranormal romance/urban fantasy series ever... Cat and Bones end their story as they started it.... with a huge BANG!

Sexy, humorous, jaw-dropping, adventurous and heartbreaking, this book has it all. Add a few unexpected (or expected) twists, some special guest stars and our favorite vampire line, gathered and ready to make
Aly is so frigging bored
Jan 27, 2014 Aly is so frigging bored rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Thoughts:
-Ian is the bestest, hope he gets a book
-Tate still gets on my nerves
-that creeo, the CIA guy sucks ass
-Bones is as devious as we remember him
-Cat still has to learn to trust more
-Denise getes the BFF of the year award
-the kid... meh, just meh. I would have liked the book more without it mucking things up.

PS: IAN REALLY HAS TO HAVE A BOOK
Yvonne
Feb 17, 2015 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
I bought this book when it first came out but I couldn't bring myself to read it right away knowing it was the last installment. I don't know what I was afraid of. Perhaps I just didn't want it to end.

I think it's very difficult to review the final book of any series honestly because there's a level of bias right away which comes from the notion that no matter how hard an author tries to end a series perfectly, it'll never be.

With that said; Holy Crow!!!!!

SPOLIER************* psych! No spoilers
Vilda
I have a feeling this will probably be more of a goodbye to the series than a real review.

'"We were never properly introduced," I said in a vicious purr. "I'm the Red Reaper, and you're dead."'

I admit I was a bit worried about not loving Up From the Grave since I wasn't as blown away by the last two books as I usually am when it comes to NH, and I so want to love everything Cat & Bones--not to mention the final book. The end of their story. But I didn't have to worry, because this was fu
Bethany
Feb 01, 2014 Bethany rated it it was ok
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 28, 2014 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Shelves: uf
The final Cat & Bones book – I’m sad this is the end because I do love these characters, but to be honest the past couple books have only been okay for me. I still remember starting this series and thinking how incredible the world and these characters are. I’m not going to go into a lot of detail with this book but I do have a few thoughts. This book starts off a little slow – the first couple chapters dragged for me. But then good things start to happen. There is a ton of action and violen ...more
Olga
Feb 02, 2014 Olga rated it it was ok
If I were to rate this book based on my love for the characters or the fact that this was our good-bye, then I would have given it 5 stars. But that is not what rating a book is about.

I will always hold close to my heart Cat and Bones, the characters that with some help from Sookie and Eric got it all started a few years ago. My reading obsession.

But as much as it hurts me I find myself writing the review of the final Night Huntress novel and rating it 2 stars.
I could barely recognize the char
Aestas Book Blog
Apr 24, 2012 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Ooooo cannot wait for more Cat & Bones - they so are paranormal romance's power couple! :)
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5-4 's

Well, this is it. The last book in the Night Huntress series and it was sad to read the end of Cat and Bones. I'm sure we will hear more about them in the spin off books but this is the last of their story.

I'm not sure what I expected but it wasn't what we got. I knew there would be drama and certainly the prologue sets us up, but I wasn't prepared for what happened.

The first part of the book was good...lots of action, a little steam, and lots of appearances by all our favorites. But I
Lyndi
Feb 15, 2015 Lyndi added it
I hate that people have rated this book when it hasn't even been finished. YOU TIME TRAVELERS RUIN EVERYTHING.

01/30/14: I got my copy! *dances* But first, I need to reread the previous six books. I'm not at all ready for this series to be over, but I'll accept it with poise and grace... and crying in the corner while tearing out swaths of hair.
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4.25 The End Stars

We all remember how Cat's and Bones' tale started. Cat, blinded by her mother's hatred for vampires, out to kill every single one of them, with little knowledge of them and no idea at all that vampires can be anything more than gold blooded killers. Bones there to teach her how to be an effective huntress and to shed light on her many prejudices and misconceptions. A great love story born from hatred and mistaken theories.

We all remember the possessiveness and the borderline in
Lulu
Feb 01, 2014 Lulu rated it it was ok
Up From The Grave is the final book in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. I've been a big fan of Cat and Bones and was eagerly awaiting this final installment and, wow, what a disappointment. It's totally predictable, flat, with an ending I really hated.

From the earliest pages, it's pretty obvious where the plot is headed so when Frost reveals the "shocking" twist at the 2/3 mark, it isn't shocking at all. Along the way, you'll recognize pretty much every plot device from earlier in the ser
Amanda
Mar 11, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it
Ferdy
Spoilers

I'm so glad this series is over, the last few installments were kind of rubbish. Nonetheless, I'll still miss Cat and Bones as they're books were one of the first Urban Fantasy series I'd ever read.
I loved the first 3 or 4 books in the Night Huntress world but I hated the last two, they were so boring. And because of that I didn't think I'd enjoy this one but I actually ended up liking Up From the Grave. I wasn't blown away by it, I had a number of issues with it but overall I was enter
Anne
Sep 09, 2014 Anne rated it really liked it
Also reviewed for Addicted2Heroines.

After 10 or 15 pages, my only thought was this:
I hope this series ends soon.

Yep.
Evidently, I was the only person on earth who didn't realize that this is the last book in the series.
Whoops.
Ok. Well, good for Jeaniene Frost! I hate to say it, because I fell in love with these characters years ago, but I was just about burned out on Cat & Bones.
Gasp! Sacrilege!
No. I don't mean it like that. What I mean is, I'm glad that for once an author didn't milk a s
It's just me Shelly B
It's OVER....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

No more Cat and Bones.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

These two characters are larger than life!!!!!!!! It kills me that this is the last book in this series......OMG I have LOVED them both for years!!! I want this series to go on to INFINITY!!!

However it's not just Cat and Bones the secondary characters are out of this WORLD!!!! Crazy good!!!! This series is hands down one of my ABSOLUTE favorites!!

Bones....

You sexy English bastard....I love you!!!!! I want more of you
Jonetta
Jun 20, 2015 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Don contacts Cat & Bones when he can't find or reach his old team (Tate, Juan, Dave and Cooper). They've been out of communication for weeks so it doesn't take long for them to connect their disappearance to Madigan. With the assistance of Ian, Spade, Denise, Mencheres and Kira, they begin the dangerous mission to find their friends and finally put an end to this creep.

I put off reading this long enough, dragging my feet, knowing this is the last book in the series. It was time for the serie
Elizabeth
May 07, 2014 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Miércoles 07/05/2014
Leí este libro el mismo día que se publico, pero es hasta ahora que puedo darle una calificación. Antes de leerlo le había dado 5 estrellas porque el amor que siento por estos personajes es inmenso. Lamentablemente este libro me dejo con ganas de mas porque no me dio lo que deseaba. Al ser el ultimo libro de la serie(por el momento) me esperaba algo mejor, mucho mejor. Porque es lo que merecemos.

En Up From the Grave no vi al Bones del que me enamore y vi poco de la Cat que se
Alex is The Romance Fox
 photo images 4_zpse0w53viy.jpg
The 7th and final book in the Cat & Bones installment of the incredible Night Huntress Series. ….

No more Cat & Bones adventures!!! Oh no!!! I am so enchanted with these two characters. They have grown on me so much and have become one of my favorite couples…
 photo f64e35d97491972b805ae834bc3978ba_zpsxpe2z4vl.jpg

I loved watching the development of their relationship. ..The deep and emotional connection……..
““I love you, Kitten."
How puny those words seemed compared to the feelings strafing mine, but his voice vibrated as he said them. Then
Ren
Jan 26, 2016 Ren marked it as own-unread

Just see Jeaniene Frost's announcement about Up From The Grave will become Cat and Bones's last book here :

As much I (want to) understand, it's still make me sad. I can't even want to said goodbye to Bones *sobs*

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jeaniene Frost just said that the tentative release date is push back to the end of this year!!

I don't care all of you prefer Vlad, but I want Bones!!! I need my Bones fix!
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
** 5 Bittersweet Stars **

Well Jeaniene Frost did not disappoint us with the last Night Huntress book!! This book had it all...surprise revelations (one huge one), old friends and allies, and all our favorites from the past. I'm so sad to see this series end!!!

photo ogaatWP1024x768_zpsnjtnf9i_edit_1391049037676_zpsozmae6oc.jpg

Cat & Bones once again find themselves fighting for survival against powerful forces that want they're kind eradicated by causing a war between the Vampires & Ghouls. Evil Madigan plays a part in this but we learn that he is actu
Emily May
Mar 09, 2014 Emily May rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, 2014

Thank. God. It's. Finished.

This series should have ended three books back when all the romantic/sexual tension seeped out of Cat & Bones' relationship. I love them, but there's a time for every series to end and this one had gone past it. Oh well. I'll still look out for Frost's future work.
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`
Well... It could have been worse, right?
Not sure what to say. Same old problems, same characters, plenty of action, same old humor ..
Oh and Ian and Denise really shined in this one!
And Wtf with Vlad?
And does this mean there will be no more books even in Night Huntress World?? Cause Ian really needs a
book!!!! And Vlad.. seriously? whats up with that?

Anyway, I'm sad/glad it's ovah..

Peace,
A.
Amanda
Nov 24, 2013 Amanda marked it as to-read
So I heard this is Cat and Bones last book. Is official.

I will miss you, Bones

Patrycja
Nov 21, 2014 Patrycja rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-uf-sf, 2014, adult

Bittersweet ending of my favorite UF series. After seven years of following adventures of Cat and Bones the only thing I can say is THANK YOU JEANIENE FROST.
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
The ending of a series isn’t necessarily a bad thing, even if it is a well-beloved one. Sometimes, the timing is just right, and with Cat and Bones, it was already a bit overdue. These strong and passionate characters had very little left to give, it was time to put them to rest.

The Night Huntress series was always a rare treat – halfway between urban fantasy and paranormal romance, it had the best of both genres. The first few books were simply fabulous, action-packed, often funny and steaming
Jen
Jan 04, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favs, bones-and-cat, fv
Cat and Bones

Freaking fantastic end to the series. I am pretty sad about it being over. But I think (no spoilers) we will be seeing more of this couple. Maybe. Hopefully. Fiction Vixen Book Reviews
Memi
Aug 22, 2013 Memi marked it as to-read
19/02/2013
Refreshing page all day, all night ...

What do they mean when they say ''2013'' :( I hope not december 2013 < /// 3 that would break my heart D:

30/4/2013

Book!?????

Are you there?? Anywhere?

5/5/2013

January 28th 2014

Please tell me I am reading it wrong... please tell me it doesn't say 2014 ...
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !
off to break some stuff

23/8/2013

I seriously don't do the updates thing with any other book D: This is so killing me.
I come here every week hopi
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Tempt the Stars (Cassandra Palmer, #6)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
  • Weddings from Hell (Night Huntress, #2.5; Brotherhood of Blood, #3.5; Nicki Styx, #2.5)
  • Fury of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #6)
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (Sabina Kane, #4)
  • The Ripple Effect (Rhiannon's Law, #3)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series and the Broken Destiny series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in North Carolina with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps in on the weekends. Aside fr ...more
More about Jeaniene Frost...

Night Huntress (8 books)
  • Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6)
  • One For the Money

“Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

"Ian, I'm not going to hug you," I stated as I approached him. "I know you like this better."

With that, I slapped him hard enough to rock his head to the side. When he'd straightened, he flashed me a wicked grin.

"Finally, you give me what I want. Knew you loved me, Reaper.”
75 likes
“Shame on you, Crispin. Married how long, and you haven't spanked your wife with a metal spatula yet?"

I'd gotten used to Ian's assumption that everyone was as perverted as he was, so I didn't miss a beat.

"We prefer blender beaters for our kitchen utensil kink," I said with a straight face.

Bones hid his smile behind his hand, but Ian looked intrigued.

"I haven't tried that ... oh, you're lying, aren't you?"

"Ya think?" I asked with a snort.

Ian gave a sigh of exaggerated patience and glanced at Bones.

"Being related to her through you is a real trial.”
70 likes