Start by marking “Software Engineering (International Computer Science Series)” as Want to Read:
Software Engineering (International Computer Science Series)

Software Engineering (International Computer Science Series)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  384 ratings  ·  15 reviews
A a broad perspective on software systems engineering, concentrating on widely used techniques for developing large-scale software systems. Restructured into six parts, this new edition covers a wide spectrum of software processes from initial requirements solicitation through design and development.
Hardcover, Seventh Edition, 759 pages
Published May 10th 2004 by Addison Wesley Longman (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Software Engineering, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Software Engineering

Joecolelife
Advanced topics, the third section, include modern topics such as aspect-oriented programming (AOP), component systems, and embedded applications. AOP seems to be moving in from the fringes of software development (Aspect-Oriented Programming with the e Verification Language gives lots of good reasons for that, despite being tangential to normal software). Still, object orientation dominates current practice by a wide margin and gets only minor mention, so I find the emphasis misplaced. Likewise ...more
Ioo Vilmos
Has good research material in it. Using it for my 260 assignment.
Lukasz Pruski
Well, I know this borders on cheating, but I hope you will forgive me. It is 6 p.m. Eastern Time (3 p.m. here, in California) on 12/31/2014. I have read 99 books in 2014 and I pledged to read 100. I hate breaking pledges, so I will briefly review the textbook I have been teaching from all year. I had to read over 50 pages of the textbook today while grading the final exam, so I hope this justifies the inclusion of this review here.

I had taught Software Engineering, since mid-1990s, from various
Justin
A seminal volume in the software engineering world. If you are serious about improving your credentials as a true software engineer, you simply must read this text.
Ayesha Talha
A bit boring but well-written!
Léo Felippe Dias
É um guia para quem está começando, muito bom. Recomendo!
Holifah Kasno
waterfall model
Asep Kosasih
Sep 03, 2014 Asep Kosasih marked it as to-read
Software Enginering
Lia Aprilianti
Husain Haider
This book is very good for any one in software field. Some times I lost in the examples. But overall, you can depend on it. I studied it in 2003, but I use it again in 2012 and 2013 and I think I will use it again.
Yesim
Great book, helped me a lot for software engineering exam
Aldo K. wachyudi
Bacaan wajib buat developer != Bacaan yang menarik.
Qingwei Zhang
Reading Chapter 8, software testing at October 2013.
Zohaib Shafiq
Zohaib Shafiq marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Muhamad Syihab
Muhamad Syihab marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Hobus
Hobus added it
Apr 24, 2015
Ravinder Singh
Ravinder Singh is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2015
Michael Afoakwa
Michael Afoakwa marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Renato
Renato marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Computer Organization and Architecture: Designing for Performance
  • Running Linux
  • Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art
  • Applying UML and Patterns: An Introduction to Object-Oriented Analysis and Design and Iterative Development
  • Essentials of Programming Languages
  • Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation
  • Thinking in C++, Volume One: Introduction to Standard C++
  • The Latex Companion

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Requirements Engineering: Processes and Techniques Requirements Engineering: A Good Practice Guide Software Development with ADA Software Engineering and How to Break Software Software Engineering With Computers: With Computers And Fluency With Information Technology, Skills, Concepts, And Capability And Foundation Maths (3rd Revised Edition)