Blank-133x176
Das Social Media Marke...

Dan Zarrella

Das Social Media Marketing Buch

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  103 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Are you looking to take advantage of social media for your business or organization? With easy-to-understand introductions to blogging, forums, opinion and review sites, and social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, this book will help you choose the best -- and avoid the worst -- of the social web's unique marketing opportunities. "The Social Media Marketin...more
248 pages
Published 2010 by O'Reilly (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Das Social Media Marketing Buch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Das Social Media Marketing Buch

Jj Kwashnak
Anyone in business today has been told that their business needs to be on social media. The problem is should a business be involved in social media marketing, but how does one get into this. Blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, You Tube Digg and Second Life are things that a manager may have heard of, but how to do get involved, without shooting your business in the foot or falling on your face, is something that can be very daunting to someone ready to start dabbling. There are books galore out...more
Truly
Tertarik sama buku ini karena mulai merasa enggak punya ilmu buat urusan social marketing. Nodong pas ke kantor Ibu Peri Buku yang baik hati dan tidak sombong ^_^

Ternyata... sama sekali enggak "dong, deng" soal dunia pemasaran yang satu ini.

---------

Waktu yang berjalan membuat dunia terus berubah. Demikian juga pemasaran, tentunya akan ikut berubah. Hal ini secara otomatis membuat langkah-langkah pemasaran juga mengalami perubahan. Ada Mark Zulkerberg yang mengubah dunia lewat facebook, lalu Ji...more
Blog on Books
If you hadn’t noticed, the online world is full of a new crop of consultants who call themselves ’social media marketers.’ A large number of these new practitioners were only a year or two ago referring to themselves as ‘SEO consultants.’ My how times have changed.
WIth the onslaught of social networks from Facebook to Twitter to myspace, et al, social marketing has become big business. One authority that stands out from the crowd is Dan Zarrella. Zarrella has written extensively about the scienc...more
Joséphine
The introductions to all these social networking sites were extremely basic. Since this books is meant to be more than an introduction to social media, I was rather disappointed. How to engage social media for the purposes of marketing wasn't even the main focus of the book. It came across more as an afterthought. Doesn't help that this book is almost 5 years old.

Those who engage in social media even for private purposes will hardly learn anything new through this book. Engaging with social medi...more
Kristin
Good:

- I finally want to register for a Digg and a Reddit account, so thanks for the kick up the arse, book.
- It offers some interesting statistics, e.g. that people rather follow people without underscores or numbers in their Twitter account name.
- Mention of a few interesting tools here and there.

Not so Good:

- Introductory level, couldn't really teach me anything new (well, at least I can give it to work mates, they're going to be happy about the level of pre-knowledge they need for this)
- Int...more
Melody
This is a two-year-old tech book and thus is already somewhat out of date. Even so, reading it exhausted me. Social marketing seems like a chore to me, and an intrusive one at that. I'm on twitter and I follow some writers, most of whom have interesting things to say. I used to follow some other beaders, but like me, they would tweet such riveting things as "Made 2 inches of progress today, yay!" or "Made old pattern in new color, click to see!" and I'd have to rush off for a restorative coffee....more
Fredrik
Buku ini sebenarnya cocok disebut "Social Media for Dummies".

Serius, buku ini adalah tutorial untuk memahami jejaring sosial yang belakangan ini menguasai waktu keseharian kita (Baca: saya, >_<').
Dilengkapi dengan penjelasan dasar-dasar penggunaan dan pemanfaatan media virtual, dan disertai pula dengan gambar-gambar (screenshots), buku ini benar-benar membantu sekali.

Saya selalu percaya bahwa jejaring sosial diciptakan untuk memasarkan produk (termasuk pribadi), dan buku ini mengkompilasi...more
Katie
This book did not meet my expectations at all. It was very basic - in fact, it didn't teach me very much. The quote about learning more from reading this book than a month of research was deceptive. That being said, perhaps I went into the book with too much knowledge for the intended audience, so I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, there were several typos and editing errors throughout the book. Also, after page 216 the book repeated pages 175-192, leaving out part of a sectio...more
Alicia B.
Pretty basic information -- good for people and companies just starting out who need to know some background information on the tools and channels that comprise social media.

The last couple of chapters (10 and 11) served me best. If you're already hands-on working in social media, this book is too basic for you. A good checks-and-balances one to read, but you may be better off picking up a more advanced book.

Pedro Plassen
Good for someone that just arrived at the 'crime scene'. Gives a brief explanation what Facebook, Twitter et al are all about (weird to include Second Life in the pot), simple marketing tips for each (nothing that will blow-off your mind) and, in the end, some tips on how to calculate your ROI (I bet no one had the courage to use this seriously yet).
Fanda Kutubuku
Untunglah buku ini gak terlalu tebal dan penjelasannya gak terlalu bertele-tele. Lumayan dapat tambahan wawasan + ilmu baru tanpa harus "mabuk" seperti biasa kalo baca buku non fiksi. Non fiksi pertama yg aku rampungkan tahun ini. Target 5 non fiksi setahun harus segera kukejar nih...

PS: Doakan menang lomba resensi di Serambi yah? Hehe....
Nelly
Oke, mungkin buku ini telat masuknya ke indo or saya yg memang telat membacanya. Saya berharap mendapatkan strategi praktis sosial media marketing, nyatanya ini seperti buku panduan menggunakan atau mengaktifkan beberapa sosial media sehingga sedikit sekali hal baru yang saya dapatkan.
Gordon Diver
Dan is incredibly knowledgable and illustrates effective ways to integrate social media into your marketing efforts. A great strength of Dan's is his understand of the science of social media and supports his work with hard numbers. A great resource.
Rahmad
A very beginners book on what is social media, types of social media, providers, and how to use them. Good introduction for people who are not familiar with them to get to know these services and give ideas on how to use them.
Patrick
Good how-to book for any PR manager tackling Social Media. I knew a lot of the stuff already, but am going to make a few managers read it so they can better understand what my office is trying to achieve.
Kevin
A nice easy to read introduction to social media marketing. Straightforward tips about what to do and how to approach the various networks and tools. Nothing particularly insightful but a useful overview.
E. George Morrison
This book is very basic. It is written for someone with absolutely no background in marketing or social media. A good book for that audience, but otherwise disappointing.
Ben Haley
Jan 23, 2010 Ben Haley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
received a very nice review on slashdot, maybe useful to PERTS.

Rebecca
Feb 08, 2010 Rebecca is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful starter book for anyone that needs a really quick and easy read to get started in social media marketing. A must read!
Uwe Hauck
Eine gute Einführung ins Thema, wer sich aber schon in den sozialen Netzen bewegt, wird nicht viel neues finden.
Julie
Lots of great basic info on the key social media sites. A great overview with some great tips and stats.
Jillian
Awesome, loved it. "Liked" him on FB to keep up with any advancements. Great book!
Melissa
This is a great book to teach you the basics of social media
Ursula
Very useful plus quick and easy to read.
Diamond Website Conversion
Good overview of various types of social media.
Tina
101, good for newcomers to social media
Launa Rissadia
Launa Rissadia marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Diana Andryan
Diana Andryan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Mery Yolchyan
Mery Yolchyan marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Quick Fat Loss Tips 1 1 Dec 21, 2012 12:27AM
Making Money With Online Data Entry Jobs 1 1 Dec 20, 2012 09:46PM
Making Money with Online Data Entry is Possible 1 1 Dec 20, 2012 03:25AM
Earn Money From Online Surveys 1 1 Dec 20, 2012 01:18AM
Legitimate Survey Taking Jobs for Teens - Make Money in Your Spare Time 1 1 Dec 20, 2012 12:40AM
Work From Home Surveys – Make Money While Sharing Your Own Thoughts 1 1 Dec 20, 2012 12:00AM
The Best Small Business Blog Marketing Ideas Revealed 1 1 Dec 19, 2012 11:14PM
Zarrella's Hierarchy of Contagiousness: The Science, Design, and Engineering of Contagious Ideas The Science of Marketing: When to Tweet, What to Post, How to Blog, and Other Proven Strategies The Facebook Marketing Book