Start by marking “X-Men Legacy: Aftermath” as Want to Read:
X-Men Legacy: Aftermath

X-Men Legacy: Aftermath (X-Men, Volume II #51)

After suffering heavy damage during Bastion's attack on mutantkind, the city of San Francisco is rebuilding. Hoping to aid in the reconstruction effort, Cyclops tasks a team of X-Men - including the newly arrived mutant messiah, Hope - to lend a hand. But when something goes terribly wrong, will the X-Men lose everything they fought for?
Plus: After surviving the Age of X,
Published August 10th 2011 by Marvel Comics

To ask other readers questions about X-Men Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Men Legacy

M
Aug 13, 2013 M rated it it was ok
Mike Carey steers the Utopia residents into new territory in this volume of X-Men: Legacy. A team of X-Men are sent to San Francisco to help repair the damage from Bastion's assault on the X-Men in the first half of the volume. The mission starts strong, but turns to disaster when Omega Sentinel's latent programming overrides her human self, launching an attack on her teammates. The recently amputated telekinetic Hellion is able to shut her down by using excessive force; this prompts an ...more
Mike
Dec 08, 2012 Mike rated it really liked it
Before I got through the first chapter I almost threw up a little for the art. Magneto on page 6 looks like a Nintendo boss character as most of the rest of the characters look like we're seeing them through a funhouse mirror.

Hellion's angst seems understandable given his hands-loss, and maybe it's just the art, but boy does it seem like teenage-romance-melodrama. And most everyone's reactions as well. I'm pretty sure Carey didn't just have a stroke, so I'm guessing art.

The Aftermath stories wer
Ernest
Sep 03, 2013 Ernest rated it liked it
This volume takes a breather after all the craziness of recent large events to look at how various characters, including Magneto, Hellion, David and some other students deal with it. Of course, there are still elements of action, but the emphasis and more interesting aspects are how different situations arise and characters cope and process after the events. As such, this volume does require some knowledge of what had gone on before, and that knowledge leads to a solid volume that while it may ...more
Shannon Appelcline
Sep 15, 2012 Shannon Appelcline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
The reconstruction two-parter takes a nice look at the X-Men's relationship with the people of San Francisco and is great for its focus on Julian [8/10]. Though its nice to see a focus on Blindfold in the next issue, the story is just OK overall, building on the least whelming aspects of Empath [7/10]. The final couple of issues are a terrific response to Age of X and #249 in particular is an awesome look at a group of people who appear to be making up Rogue's new strike team [9/10].
Silas
Mar 22, 2016 Silas rated it really liked it
This was better than I expected it would be, particularly since it bookends a big X-event, but it somehow managed to do a reasonable job of summarizing that event and the related changes that it made to the characters. The character interactions are actually interesting in a way that this book veered away from for a while, and there are some interesting developments here, that I am interested to see pan out. In what seems kind of a forgettable volume, something a bit new is beginning.
Ryan
Nov 06, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommended
This book includes the stories that take place before and after Age of X. This to me is a bit more interesting than Age of X, because you feel like something is actually happening; not just as some mind-control thing that will be erased or forgotten later. The Legion character is becoming more well-rounded and less of a simple plot device. Which is all he has been for the past 25 years. While the stories revolving around Rogue are becoming a little stale.
Aaron Swensen
Jul 23, 2013 Aaron Swensen rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
The stories were too disconnected from each other and never really moved the characters forward. #242 and 243 we okay. I eas nice to see the X-Men do something I ordinary, in this case help at a construction site, but they could have done something more with it, not just a place for Omega Sentinel to malfunction.
William Thomas
Sep 29, 2011 William Thomas rated it it was ok
The standard interlude between Big Important X-Overs. Slowly advances the team to the next big crossover event, ushering them from the previous one and attempting to tie up any loose ends and glaring miscalculations on the editor's part. Nemesis continues to amaze me as a character and the work with Legion in this book is the greatest part of it. Not enough of Pixie to keep my interest, though.
zxvasdf
Jan 03, 2012 zxvasdf rated it liked it
I don't know why I bother anymore. On general principles this book's great, but it just can't keep my interest. I'm lost, adrift in the vast mythology of this gang of mutants. Which storyline is this one, now? Are they all interconnected? If so, shit, that's a lot to go through. Like the Chinese say, May you live through interesting times.
Laurel
Aug 02, 2013 Laurel rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel-comics
The first half of this book wasn't that great. The final issues deal with the aftermath of Age of X and were a big improvement. If you don't know the characters however, it wouldn't be anywhere near as interesting.
Shaun
Sep 11, 2012 Shaun rated it liked it

Ties up a few loose ends from the Age of X storyline. Helion's hardships and new developments made for interesting characterization. I am curious about what will happen to both Magneto and Rogue.
Sonic
Feb 26, 2012 Sonic rated it liked it
It's good, and satisfying because the writing is smart and so is the art.
It just doesn't ever get, ... you know,
... thrilling.

Mitch
Mitch rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2012
DragonAthtor
DragonAthtor rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2012
Dawn
Dawn rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2013
Trey
Trey rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2012
Amélie
Amélie rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2013
Brian
Brian rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Emma
Emma rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2012
Scott
Scott rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2013
Raidel
Raidel rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2015
M. Toledo
M. Toledo rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Ken
Ken rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Liang Xianghong
Liang Xianghong rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Rishi
Aug 19, 2012 Rishi rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Ugh. How many plotlines can you shove into one book?
Joyita
Joyita rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2015
  • Cable, Vol. 2: Waiting for the End of the World
  • X-Men: First to Last
  • X-Force, Volume 2: Old Ghosts
  • X-Men: Curse of the Mutants
  • Uncanny X-Men by Kieron Gillen, Volume 3 (AVX)
  • Uncanny X-Men: The Birth of Generation Hope
  • New Mutants, Vol. 3: Fall of the New Mutants
  • Uncanny X-Force, Volume 6:  Final Execution, Book 1
  • House of M Prelude: Excalibur
  • Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
Mike Carey was born in Liverpool in 1959. He worked as a teacher for fifteen years, before starting to write comics. When he started to receive regular commissions from DC Comics, he gave up the day job.

Since then, he has worked for both DC and Marvel Comics, writing storyli
More about Mike Carey...

X-Men, Volume II (1 - 10 of 56 books)
  • X-Men: Mutant Genesis