Start by marking “Green Mama: The Guilt-Free Guide to Helping You and Your Kids Save the Planet” as Want to Read:
Green Mama: The Guilt-Free Guide to Helping You and Your Kids Save the Planet

Green Mama: The Guilt-Free Guide to Helping You and Your Kids Save the Planet

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  8 reviews
In the midst of carpools and play dates, does the idea of saving the planet feel like something else to feel guilty about not doing? This Green Mama Ebook puts green living within your reach. Tracey Bianchi offers creative tips, tricks, and resources that will benefit your kids and your community and will draw you closer to God's heart for this planet. This book and its co ...more
Published March 9th 2010 by Zondervan (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Green Mama, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Mama

Jenny
easy to read, easy to apply ideas connected with being better stewards of God's great earth
Christine
A compelling, well-written book for aspiring environmental mommies, Green Mama manages to fulfill its "guilt-free" promise with solid, simple advice that's easy — for even the busiest moms! — to implement. "Leaving things better than I found them even started to seem, well, a little like something Jesus would do," says Bianchi.

Bianchi's appealing slice-of-life stories, which preface each chapter, document her struggle to balance consumerism with God's call to stewardship. Green Mama: The Guilt-F
Title: GREEN MAMA
Author: Tracey Bianchi
Publisher: Zondervan
March 2010
ISBN: 978-0-310-32036-4
Genre: Inspirational/Christian life/family

Going green is a popular topic now-a-days. We’re inundated with suggests for electric cars, getting new heat pumps, water heaters, etc, and getting rid of our old appliances and buying new “greener” ones. But sometimes our financial situation just doesn’t allow that. So how can you go green without going into debt?

Tracey Bianchi has written this book for busy mom
Deirdre
This book is about "greening" your family's life as a mother. What distinguishes this from other green parenting books is that it includes scriptural references and encourages parents to see how intertwined a life of faith (in this book, the Christian faith in particular) is with living a life rooted in taking care of the Earth, i.e. minimizing the waste of resources, mitigating materialism (and the concomitant waste of resources), taking care of the Earth and, in turn, other people's children i ...more
Evelyn Corney
Great book in many respects, challenging and inspiring, though just occasionally I found it guilt-inducing rather than inspiring. At other times I was shocked by things that the author considered to be "good steps you could consider to help save the planet" - in some cases I couldn't believe that they wouldn't be considered general common sense and non-wastefulness, but that may be a cultural divide.

My main disappointment was that too much of the book was specifically geared to and therefore onl
Lori
This book spoke to my heart. She shares my passion! Living green to honor God and the planet He allows us to inhabit--His creation. She gives you very practical ideas without being condemning and while acknowledging that being green and a mom is not always easy--but here's some ideas for you! I really loved that she included not just environmental but social justice as well. I've not come across many books like this in the Christian world--this was so refreshing! Thank you Tracey!
Lori
I really liked this book for what it was: an informative and practical guide to being more Eco-friendly. There were some easily doable steps that anyone can take to show better stewardship over the earth. I would recommend it, and will put it on my wish list to own do that I can refer to it again and again.
Diane
Read w book club. All discovered a few new ideas to implement into our families lives thru majority of book. Ending kinda started to lose us. Seemed too "preachy" even for a book that's goal was to show how caring for the earth is caring for gods gift to us.
Stacy Lane
Stacy Lane marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Melissa Davenport
Melissa Davenport marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Katie Miltenberger
Katie Miltenberger marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Dani
Dani marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Nika Waitsman
Nika Waitsman marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Clinton Wiebe
Clinton Wiebe marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2015
Jami
Jami marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
K Rae
K Rae marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Sonia
Sonia is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A blogger, author, parent, daughter, sister, speaker but most of all, hopefully a listener. Tracey Bianchi has three young kids and a goldfish named Stinky Pete. She and her husband camp out in the Chicago area where she serves on pastoral staff at Christ Church of Oak Brook.

Tracey is a sought after communicator who shares her musings everywhere from Sojourners to MOPS International to Christiani
More about Tracey Bianchi...
Mom Connection: Creating Vibrant Relationships in the Midst of Motherhood