Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation

Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  666 ratings  ·  22 reviews
...is recorded fact. Thousands of microfilms filed at the Association for Research and Enlightenment at Virginia Beach testify to Cayce's ability to diagnose, prescribe for, and cure the ills of people whose names and locations he was given, but whom he had never seen. Known as "The Miracle Man of Virginia Beach," his successes astonished medical authorities--and the world...more
Published October 5th 1988 by Signet (first published October 5th 1967)

Journey of Souls by Michael NewtonMany Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. WeissDestiny of Souls by Michael NewtonOnly Love Is Real by Brian L. WeissMessages from the Masters by Brian L. Weiss
Reincarnation - factual books
27th out of 68 books — 47 voters
The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoA New Earth by Eckhart TolleGazing Into the Eternal by BelsebuubThe Power of Now by Eckhart TolleOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit Ray
Best Spiritual Books
177th out of 482 books — 458 voters

More lists with this book...

Jon
Excellent book - definitely changed my attitude towards reincarnation as a philosophy. I may have to consider myself a true believer at this point! While not always the most logically sound presentation of the concepts involved, it certainly contained enough gems for me to find it a fascinating and very insightful read. Best moment - uncovering the solution to the paradox of the importance of meaning and purpose in this life vs. the ultimate meaninglessness of existence. Really good stuff :)
Adele
Anything about Edgar Cayce is good for the soul. I liked this book in particular because it is about reincarnation and how it fits into Christianity.
Chris
A really amazing book. I am one to be subject to the more hocus pocusy sorts of things, but this book takes a very open mindedly scientific approach. Many of the more unexplainable, or seemingly inconsistent, things in my life have finally been set to order for me and has now put me on my way to seeking out testing this new theory on spirituality presented in the book. I get sort of annoyed with myself while explaining this because continually referring back to "that book" feels cultish to me, h...more
This book certainly broadened my perspective on past lives. The case studies end in 1945, so the view of homosexuality is odd: it's not clear if the clients of the readings, Cayce, or Cerminara considered it a problem in the current life.
Brandon
There is something exciting about starting a new book. And, if you know nothing about the book, there is an air of mystery attached, too. Which is probably why I never refuse to read a book that has been recommended to me by a friend. Something deep down inside says to me, "If this person you know liked it, you should totally give it a shot. You'll probably like it!" (I feel like my friends will now exploit knowing this about me and I'll be reading some ridiculous recommendations)

Many Mansions f...more
Julie
I have read about Edgar Cayce over the years, but this book delves into areas i didn't know much about; Cayce's 'life readings' which dealt with past-life experiences, karma, and healing.

Although I did not agree with all of the thoughts set forth in this book (e.g. the karmic cause of epilepsy, Hinduism as it relates to Cayce's idea of Karma), i did read some interesting things about Cayce and how he conducted his life readings.

Albeit - this book does have some deep christian belief's embedded i...more
Beth
I knew that Edgar Cayce was considered one of the best psychics of his time, but what I learned by reading this book is that he also gave people readings about past lives. Cayce, himself, was raised a Christian, so it took him quite a while before he believed in reincarnation. It read more like a text book at times, but it was very interesting. It seemed as though every time I came up with a question about the subject, within the next chapter or so, my question would be addressed and answered. V...more
Mtejeda
I read this when it was first published in the late 1960's and still remember being absolutely stunned. I can actually see myself reading as I walked down the street in San Francisco where I was working as a legal secretary, completely absorbed in the book and paying no attention to the visceral world around me. I had a profound influence on my thinking and understanding of spirituality. I think it may be time to read it again...
Niva
The book discusses reincarnation, based on the many case readinds of Edgar Cayce, and its impplications to philosophy and religious beliefs. Why are we here? Why do we have the circumstances of life that we have or why do we have the kind of illness or personality that we have? It talks about karma as being redistributive justice or continuing process towards perfection.
Michael
As the consummate skeptic, I still have a hard time with reincarnation. No question, it answers so many questions and fills in the blanks of so many inequities and theodicies so visible in life. If your cosmology is in a state of flux, try this on for size. It certainly isn't the whole story, but it helps.
Mercy
This book broadened my perspective on past lives. I have always believed in reincarnation but this book gets in deeper and really puts it into perspective. I definetly recommend this book. I also recommend the book Soul Mates book by Kevin J Todeschi. Its written off Edgar Cayce's work whom I consider brilliant.
Diana
This book is about Edgar Cayce and his readings on reincarnation. I first read this book more than 35 years ago. Here is a simple man who had extraordinary abilities. The topics addressed in this book are relevant today and provide alternate viewpoints on issues affecting society. Very, very interesting.
Teressa
Definitely fascinating. This is a fact based "research" type of book, so it's a little dry and detailed. Not a fast paced ready by an means, but there's no denying Edgar Cayce was a phenomenon.
Islin Munisteri
I first read it in middle and it still has many recurrent themes, particularly the chapter on isolation and past emotional states and previous lives.
Candace
It is documentation on channelled readings on reincarnation and karma. A very interesting read with lots of food for thought.
Maria P
Very interesting book unlike the other book of edgar cayce I read are not so much irrelevant.
jasmine
Feb 14, 2007 jasmine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: interested in reincarnation
very interesting theory....really enjoy this book and often return to it
Daniel Hernandez
This book is a treasure for believers of reincarnation.
AimeeWrites
Dated...very, very dated...but fascinating.
Kay
This book helped open up to me a whole new perspective on the age old questions of life, death, and the afterlife.
Chinmaya Korlepara
This book deals with various aspects of life and readings given by edgar cayce.
Linda Hartlep
The beginning of my journey and read over 45 years ago.
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Alejandra Fernandez
Alejandra Fernandez marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Chorom Lee
Chorom Lee marked it as to-read
  • There is a River: The Story of Edgar Cayce
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Edgar Cayce on Atlantis
  • The Light Beyond: The extraordinary sequel to the classic Life After Life
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Illuminata: A Return to Prayer
  • Soul Stories
  • Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children
  • The Celestine Vision: Living the New Spiritual Awareness
Many Lives, Many Loves Insights for the Age of Aquarius: A Handbook for Religious Sanity Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story of Reincarnation Many Mansions Part II: Healing the Karma Within You The World Within