Start by marking “Happy Easter, Curious George” as Want to Read:
Happy Easter, Curious George

Happy Easter, Curious George

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  13 reviews
George and the man with the yellow hat decide to visit the park on a fine Easter morning. George sees the children in the park enjoying all kinds of activities, including dyeing Easter eggs. George has never dyed eggs before and he can't wait to join in the fun!Heenjoysplaying withcolors and patterns on his eggs, but when hesees a man who seems to be losing decorated eggs, ...more
Published February 15th 2010 by Houghton Mifflin (first published 2010)

This was a pretty adorable book to put in my six-year-old son's Easter basket. He could read, and he enjoyed, and I loved the illustrations.

Synopsis: "Happy Easter, Curious George is a winning holiday story based on H. A. and Margret Rey’s popular primate and painted in the original watercolor and charcoal style. One fine Easter morning, George and the man with the yellow hat head to the park. George can’t help but join in the fun when he sees children dyeing Easter eggs . . . but what’s that man doing with their prized creations? Each hardcover gift book comes with glittery egg-decorating stickers!"

My Review: This was a great book
Linda Branich
This hard-cover book with a dust jacket comes with a page of sparkly egg-decorating stickers.

Children love DVD's and books about a clever and good little monkey, George, who lives with his friend, the man with the yellow hat.

Today George and the man with the yellow hat are headed to the park for Easter activities. It is a cute little story, devoid of any religious significance or reference to Christ rising from the dead, but one that is still fun and bound to please young kids.
Sarah Adamson
This is a fairly traditional old style Curious George book but focusing on Easter! George goes to the local park and joins in an egg hunt, egg colouring and petting baby rabbits. Fun, gentle but as with all CG, a little dated in places including the awful fact that George is not a monkey - he is actually a chimpanzee - no tail!
What a cute book to share for Easter traditions. This is one that I would use all spring beyond just Easter. While there is the Easter Bunny which George gets to see, there are also the eggs. Learn and experience with George the tradition of dyed eggs and the hunt. While this is not a Christian specific book it is family friendly, holiday filled with traditions from childhood past and present.

There is also a great page dealing with the mixture of colors from primary to secondary. I love that int
Amy Bell
My daughter loves Curious George. She especially loves finding Hundley on all the pages, which I think is pretty good for a 22 month old:)
The man in the yellow hat takes George to the park on Easter. George gets into mischief like always yet he means well.
Fritz selected this for his bedtime story this evening. This is typical Curious George. I have never figured out why the man with the yellow hat has a pet monkey. Nor have I come to understand how he is permitted to take the monkey out and about as he does.

They go to the park today where all the children are dying eggs, having an egg hunt, etc. George let's the Easter bunny out of his pen. George gathers all the eggs. But because he "finds" the rabbit, George is heralded. Eh.

There are pretty sti
Finn Pennekamp
My Uncle Pabby sent me this book and I love it! I had no idea there is such a thing as Easter, where you play in the park and pet bunnies and find colored eggs filled with candy! That sounds like the greatest holiday ever! And plus, EVERYTHING is better with monkeys!
Kristin Fletcher-spear
lots of fun. A little bit of old style of writing.

but still cute. One question though. Curious george doesn't have a tail, doesn't that make him an ape? They kkept calling him a monkey.
Supercute! George the monkey is up to his usual mischief at the town's Easter egg hunt. My four-year-old laughed at George's antics and really liked this story!
Cute children's book!
Michelle marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Joel added it
May 16, 2015
Ellen added it
Sep 25, 2015
Lisa Cataldi
Lisa Cataldi marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...