Claimed (The Witches of Santa Anna, #1)

Claimed (The Witches of Santa Anna #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  591 ratings  ·  53 reviews

Cam's hot, but he's complet...more
Published January 28th 2011

Divergent by Veronica RothUnearthly by Cynthia HandDelirium by Lauren OliverBloodlines by Richelle MeadWither by Lauren DeStefano
First In Series (2011)
89th out of 363 books — 980 voters
Delirium by Lauren OliverCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickSilence by Becca FitzpatrickClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareUnearthly by Cynthia Hand
The Best Book Titles
185th out of 293 books — 130 voters

More lists with this book...

Chrissy
After finishing the whole "AT THE PARTY" series by Lauren Barnholdt, I figured I may as well move on to "THE WITCHES OF SANTA ANNA" series, since it presumably stars one of the characters from that series -- Natalia -- the girl who moved away before Emily's party. Anyways, CLAIMED follows the same pattern as the party novels -- it alternates viewpoints between the girl and guy, has a pretty slow pace during which nothing really happens, and the entire story seems to take place over the course of...more
Holly Vane
I love paranormal romances and I love boxed sets, so when I came across this it was a must buy. At 77p for six books I thought it would be good value, however when I started reading it I realized my mistake.

The set contains the first three books from the witches of santa anna, and another first three books from another series. The santa Anna books are the only ones I’ve read because if I’m honest I was rather disappointed.

The story is fair and enjoyable to a degree, but the main things that swit...more
Christina Marotti
Title: Claimed
Author : Lauren Barnholdt
Release date January 28th 2011

Summary : Natalia Moore is the new girl at Santa Anna Prep, and all she wants to do is fly under the radar -- get to her classes, meet a few friends, and try not to make a total fool of herself in the meantime. But when handsome and popular Campbell Elliot goes out of his way to be nice to the new girl, Natalia's plan to go unnoticed flies out the window.

Cam"s hot, but he's completely off-limits. Raine Marsden, the most popu...more
Danielle
So I only picked this book because it was short and my attention span SUCKS right now but Oh My God . Lauren Barnholdt you amaze me! Page one had me hooked and I instantly fell in love with both main characters Campbell & Natalia. They seemed so real with their emotions and I felt how they felt it completely just drew me in. I need to find out what happens and I love all the rest of the characters as well.

I'm sure some will say this seems to overdone with how the characters are with the w...more
Vanessa
Trying to be objective here, since this is like a pamphlet with 9 chapters. That doesn't give me much to work with. Besides, I couldn't really get a feed for either of the characters depicted through their changing point of views, Natalia and Campbell.
New girl Natalia transfers to Santa Ana, a private high school, running from some kind of bad experience in her old one. First day of school and she gets noticed by the 'hottest' boy in school, Campbell, which earns her instant hatred from the mos...more
Samantha
was a little disappointed about the length of the book but I still enjoyed it
Marie
How short was this book!!!!???. It starts with Natalia Moore, attending a new school for a reason unknown and ON THE FIRST DAY she meets Campbell the hottest guy at school who ends up inviting her to the most popular (and beautiful) girl at school-Raine's house party. Raine despises Nat as she sees her as competition for Campbells affections. And then THE BOOK ENDS at the party. As you can see how short this book must be!? And the party was after her second day of school. It took me half hour- p...more
Gergana Cvetanova
Nine chapters? I thought this was a big book, but only nine chapters. Now I'm not suprised that there are 20 books in this series. I checked the prices on Amazon. Every book cost around $6. That makes $120 for the whole collection. The story seems interesting, but it would have been better if the author just combined the whole series into one giant book. Nine charters! I'm still amazed. Almost nothing happens so there isn't enough things to write a review about. I have the second book too, so I'...more
Gwenn Wright
So I guess technically this is a serialized story...this blip doesn't even count as a novella. I can't even figure out the reasoning behind publishing something that is so incomplete.
That being said, the dialogue is snappy and believable, though admittedly I personally am not a fan of all the profanity. Because of the brevity of this snippet there isn't much else to work with. It has promise. Just glad I bought the seven "book" set or I'd be more than a little displeased.
Ronda
I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, although the mystery doesn't really start until the last few pages, I really enjoyed it...

I feel like I have had an introduction to the characters and that there is something (obviously) in the background that has affected Natalia in some way... I can see that there are good & evil characters already but I have no information - yet!

I really enjoyed this and I'm looking forward to the the next book.
Kayleigh {K-Books}
i really liked this book. i thought it was a good start to a great story. however, it was so short i literally read it in like half an hour and it only took that lonk because i had 2 put it down half way through to take my dog for a walk. also i don't really get why it is called the witches of santa anna as there was no reference to anything supernatural going on until like the last couple of sentences.
i can't wait to read the next book tho.
Cherie
Good start to a series. Very short, but left me wanting to know more about the characters.

Basically the story is about Natalia, who has just moved to a school and is getting to know the students, and something spooky is vaguely going on.

Must read on to find out more.

(I think this is a spin off from another series that I haven't read so I will be reading all of this series first).

Lady Entropy
I don't understand why this book needed to be split into 7 parts other than to get more money for it.

That being said, it's.... okay? Pretty harmless, but goes after the ages old highschool tropes of the hot guy, evil queen bitch, her minions and poor girl who stands up against them.

The setting itself is kinda... meh, but some things are okay, and some scenes are adequately tense.
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
I really enjoyed "Claimed" The Witches of Santa Anna Book 1 - which is a very short enjoyable read. When I say short, I mean short - its only took me half an hour to read it. However, I found it to be fast paced and quiet intriguing with likeable characters. It was full of suspense and a romance is slowly building up between Natalia & Cam which had me picking up the next book straight away.
JD
I bought the first 7 books in a collection from Amazon. They are easy to read because they are pretty short. I wouldn't say they are awful or great. They are interesting but slow. The main heroine of the book and the male hero really can't decide their butts from their elbows. You never know who's the good guy, who's the bad guy; so you really don't know who to root for or relate to.
Bridget
Was the book meant to be only 15 pages? It took me just over ten minutes to read the whole thing, if less. Very good, but I was very shocked that we didn't even to learn about the girl's powers. The story just ended just as he fell over. I was thinking, "What?" but then i thought that Raine must have done something to him.

ANYWAY.... Can't wait to read the next book!
Aine
Switches POV between Natalia and Campbell. Neither have a distinct voice. Their internal dialogue sounds the same. They often use the same phrases. The writing isn't good and is quite redundant. Frex, Natalia saying her "flat shoes are stylish but flat" (flat, meaning no heel). Really poor grammar. Line breaks in the middle of paragraphs, so bad formatting as well.
Emma (BelleBooks)
I bought this series on a bit of a whim, but ended up thoroughly enjoying it!

This first instalment introduces the characters, sets the scene etc. It is a very short read, i took me about twenty minutes to finish! Which is great if you don't have alot of time but want something nice and easy to get through!
Michelle
Hmmm... The story seams it would be a good start to a book. But that's it, it a start. Now as for the editing,(of which there seems to be none), and the sentence structure errors which cause for the emotion of the moment to be lost at times. I think that with some work it could have been a better read.
So far it's kept my interest a little. I will keep reading since it's a series and see if it picks up a little. I was surprised at how short the first book was. If I was buying the books today I would make sure I bought the series where it has seasons 1 and 2 and all 13 books are sold together.
Angela
Este libro, no sabia ni que pensar... al inicio pensé que era una fanfic, eran tantas coincidencias, la típica rubia tonta que quiere al protagonista y las amenazas. No me agrado mucho, pero el final me deja con la intriga porque ademas es tan corto, no puedo dejar esto así. Debo leer los demás.
Lexi Russell
This book was stupid so far. It has a lot of language, and so far is stupid high school drama. I bought a pack that is books 1-7 so maybe they will get better? It is a really quick read. It is like the author wrote chapter and had them be their own "books"
Regina Linton
This book was rather short for me and I burnt through it without any problem. Natalia makes me want to know more about her past which will unravel when you get further into book two or three. I am enjoying them as well.
Cassandra
Its too short... Nothing really even happened. What is going on!? Is all the books this short??? If so, its a major rip off and the author seems like she is only wanting to make a quick buck on these things?
Angieleigh
Interesting first story. I can't wait to learn more about why Natalia had to switch schools. Also, totally don't like Brody or Aiden. Cam is somewhat annoying, and Raine is your typical bitchy snob.
Clarice Walker
AMAZING!!!! no one could do better in any book in the world. it was flawless and amazing the best book of the century. it was full of love and drama. almost breath taking!!!!!
Marsha
This novella has potential; but, I really cannot say much more than that because it was so short and ended so abruptly! Hopefully, book 2 will shed more light.
Kirby Hamann
This series of books are really short answer didn't do much for me.... They didn't make much since and they kind of made me bored through out the series
Pamela
I want to read this book so freaking bad !!!!
Does anyone know where to buy it please tell me I. Try to buy online but its only kindle please tell me
Jenn Dattilo Watts
I kept waiting for this to get interesting, but the book ran out before that happened. Definitely will not be looking into this series...
  • Oathbound (The Shimmer Trilogy, #3)
  • I Wish... (The Witches of Desire #1)
  • A Witch's Memory (The Council, #1)
  • My Sister's Destiny (Destiny, #1)
  • The Book of Lost Souls (Ivy MacTavish, #1)
  • Wayward (The Witch Wars Saga #1)
  • Stay (Callie Rose #1)
  • Dawn Of The Morningstar (Spellbound Trilogy, #3)
  • Cayman Summer (Taken by Storm, #3)
  • A Marked Past (The Mercer Legacy, #1)
  • Immortal Embrace (Embrace, #1)
  • Lunangelique (Lunangelique, #1)
  • Full Moon (The Crescent, #3)
  • Revenant in Training (Blood and Snow, #2)
  • Caged by Damnation (Caged, #2)
  • The Dark Rising (Of Witches and Warlocks, #4)
  • Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1)
  • Haunting the Night (Past Midnight, #2.5)
Two-Way Street One Night That Changes Everything Sometimes It Happens The Thing About the Truth Aces Up