Start by marking “Faithful Warrior” as Want to Read:
Faithful Warrior

Faithful Warrior

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Pastor Michael Farris was a well loved man. Loving husband and father, Shepherd of his church, Courageous minister to the inner city gangs of Columbus Ohio. He helped people change their lives for the better. But when his peaceful life is suddenly shattered by a senseless drive by shooting, a side of Pastor Farris that almost no one knew comes to the surface...a violent sh ...more
Nook, 0 pages
Published January 25th 2011 by Sandman Productions AK (first published September 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Faithful Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faithful Warrior

Basil Sands
Jun 21, 2011 Basil Sands rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
This is my personal favourite thus far of my the books I have written. I am originally from Alaska, but grew up in the Ohio environs described in this book. Specifically Picktown in the book is based upon Pickerington where I went to school from 4th grade to 12th.

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I did in the creation of it.
Michael Spence
Excellent work! Mr. Sands takes two occupations most people would consider contradictory—pastor and government assassin—and demonstrates that they actually fit together very well. (One recalls that John the Baptist did not tell the Roman soldiers to forswear violence, but rather not to abuse their authority. And the Sixth Command does not address execution of the convicted; indeed, Romans 13 shows it to be a governmental responsibility.)

Like any good novelist, Sands does not make this a blind as
John
I finished this book late at night so I had to wait to post my review. First, I won copy of this book from the Goodreads Giveaway, but, that doenst influence how I felt about the book. Second, I am not a professional book reviewer and this review will prove that out.

I really enjoyed this book!! I barely sat down to start reading and the action took off right away. Captain Mike Ferris gets captured in Somalia trying to evacuate medical workers, endures being tortured, and eventually rescued. He
Frances Botelho
not your ordinary hero...

Mike Farris, retired Marine Major, special ops assassin, tall, dark, and handsome...wow...and he's a pastor, too, with his own congregation, loving wife, and 2 year old son. He loses it all when terrorists target him, killing his family instead. Pastor Mike teams up with retired Marine Gunny Paul Hogan, now working for the FBI to locate terrorists planning to set off a nuclear explosion. Their investigation ties in to the death of his wife and son. There are flashbacks t
Danns
I am not really into espionage fiction but I must say I did enjoy this book. While the premise may sound a bit old - Upstanding man's family is tragically gunned down by street thugs then exacts revenge, there are many twists on the theme that propel this story into new territories for me.

The action was exciting and I was pleased to see that the "good guys" were not "god guys" and they took as much beating as the antagonists. The flash back chapters did a great job flushing out the characters o
Ed
I found this book here http://www.podiobooks.com/title/faith... and downloaded it to my MP3 player, and so far I like it. It has had a few twists and turns that keep my attention and I am only into the first 4 chapters.

Update: I finished the audiobook podcast yesterday on the way back from my PT. I lowered my rating from a 4 to a 3 because I really had to try hard to keep my attention through the middle of the book. The end was good, but the middle dragged out a bit. Plus the middle of the book
Deidre
I liked this. I had some issues with grammar, but they were not bad enough to make me stop reading the book. I found I had to finish it, which surprised me since this isn't my favorite kind of book.

I got this book free through Goodreads First Reads, which made me read it. If you are a fan of this kind of book, read it. If I couldn't put it down, you are sure to enjoy it!
Beth
Currently listening to the book. Like any Basil Sands novel, there is alot of action and suspense. The story is set in and around Columbus, Ohio. Some of the geographical references are fine, but others are just plain wrong and I find that to be annoying.
The Digital Ink  Spot
I first heard this as a podcast read by the author. Awesome story and is currently free. http://thedigitalinkspot.blogspot.com...
Robbie
Very good book. The characters were well-developed and believable, good story line. I'll definitely read other books by Sands. I rate this one 4.8 stars.
Roger
Man of god taking up arms against terrorists, I spotted a few of the twists before I should have, but still very good.
Jeri Mihm
Very good story... too good to have been free! Kept me interested from the first page. Gripping!
James
Language a little strong
Janice Lee
Janice Lee marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Angela Johnson
Angela Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Jan Strout
Jan Strout marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Btutner
Btutner marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Momoffive
Momoffive marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Shelley White
Shelley White marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Victor
Victor marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Matt
Matt is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
65 Below Karl's Last Flight Midnight Sun Geeks Rule - A Collection of Five Action Packed Short Stories In the Shadows