Start by marking “Answers to Prayer From George Muller's Narratives” as Want to Read:
Answers to Prayer From George Muller's Narratives

Answers to Prayer From George Muller's Narratives

PbGeorge Muller/b (German - born as: Johann Georg Ferdinand brMuuml;ller) (September 27, 1805 - March 10, 1898), a Christian evangelist and brDirector of the Ashley Down orphanage in Bristol, England, cared for 10,024 brorphans in his life. He was well-known for providing an education to the brchildren under his care, to the point where he was accused of raising the poor b ...more
Published November 17th 2010 by MobileReference (first published October 8th 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Answers to Prayer From George Muller's Narratives, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Answers to Prayer From George Muller's Narratives

Ron
Feb 14, 2012 Ron rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian_life
It's hard to fault George Mueller's message of totally depending on God's provision for what he has directed you to do, but the presentation of this volume was not good. The publishers piled together several sections of Mueller's diary without regard to chronology or progression. Then added framing comments, perhaps because they were embarrassed to ask eight dollars for what would have better been presented in a six-page pamphlet.

Readers will be numbed by the repetitious cliff-hanger crises with
Rachel
A beautiful collection of journal writings chronicling Mueller's journey in trusting the Lord to provide for the orphanages. His faith and prayer, his dedication and unwavering dependency on the Lord to provide their daily needs for over 40 years is absolutely amazing and such an encouragement for the Christian. Such a precious testimony of what God will do with those who have faith enough to believe that what He says is true.
Brian Eshleman
Mar 28, 2013 Brian Eshleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading experience was the ironic opposite of Book of Martyrs. Just as one can be numbed to horrors with enough repetition, God coming through in seemingly dire circumstances time after time can actually undermine tension and attention.
David Tai
Jan 11, 2017 David Tai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ministry-books
Aaron Kleinheksel
George Mueller was not a writer. The mere fact that the story of a man who did nothing more than operate an orphanage in Bristol, England in the 1800's remains with us today is a testimony to the amazing circumstances surrounding his story and Christian witness. That witness is to the unchangeable nature and promises of God, to His absolute sovereignty over all the affairs of men down to the smallest detail, to God's love and the effectiveness of a life of prayer.

The crux of Mueller's life and s
Heath Marion
Sep 23, 2013 Heath Marion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Answers to Prayer by George Mueller

George Mueller lived 1805 -1898 in England. He was a evangelist and philanthropist. While he was pastoring in Bristol, England he began to card for orphans and children who needed help. As more and more children began to come to him for help the needs grew exponentially. Before long he had to build orphanages and then find adult caretakers. In order to bring God glory, Mueller believed God was asking him to never ask for money for the orphanage. Mueller believe
Fed
Jan 10, 2013 Fed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It is unbelievable how much this man trusted in God and how much he was able to do without the help of no-one but God alone. He never asked anyone else for anything yet, he recorded over 50,000 answers to prayers. He had a desire from God to help orphans, and so he started praying and through faith he opened orphanages.

By the end of his life, he had taken care of thousand of orphans, and was running five Day-schools – two for boys and three for girls. He never received government support and onl
Jerry
Nov 26, 2016 Jerry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: theology
I don't like reviewing a book like this, because I don't want it to appear that I am not amazed by George Muller's life, or the things he accomplished. And I am humbled when I compare his dependence on God to mine.

But, in all honesty, it's just not a very good book. It's more of a journal, so it is basically a collection of snippets about answered prayer. But, it is written in an olde English style that is hard to follow, along with heavy usage of English weights and measures. Now, that is not t
Lori
Mar 19, 2013 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspired by this small but mighty book on the myriad ways that God answered prayer in the life of George Muller. He provides detailed descriptions of the challenges he faced and the power of prayer in meeting those needs (at the orphanages he started and the missionary career on which he embarked). Interspersed throughout are gems regarding trials, faith, the gospel, the authority of the Bible and the role of the Holy Spirit. Sometimes you have to wade thru minutia but those are just the example ...more
Linden
Tremendous stories of faith. George was a strong advocate that the only way to increase your faith was to exercise it. Lots of excellent principles to build your prayer and Bible study life. He truly wanted folk to be transformed and pointed to Christ by reading this book.

Also great stories of God repeatedly gave the orphans monies just when it was need, literally not a minute before.

The only thing I struggled with is the old school British currency system and trying to figure out what a late ni
Mark Uncommon Valor
Feb 11, 2010 Mark Uncommon Valor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: journal
The joy which I had can not be described. I walked up and down in my room for a long time, tears of joy and gratitude to the Lord raining plentifully over my cheeks , praising and magnifying the Lord for His goodness, and surrendering myself afresh, with all my heart, to Him for His blessed service. I scarcely ever felt more the kindness of the Lord in helping me.

George Mueller

Monday-June 13, 1853
Edgar
Nov 24, 2016 Edgar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
George Muller, a man given fully to God, this book has really made me ask myself if I'm truly given over to the Lord and if my trust in him is real or just superficial. Is it true that a man can lean on God for everything not just provision , but also leading till the day he departs from earth? Thank you Muller you've been a true saint and an example to all of us claiming to be believers in the true God
Akhet
Feb 01, 2012 Akhet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

George faithfully presented his needs for his orphanage to the Lord in prayer. He made his needs known to God, not man and God would move in the hearts of others to supply the needs. George wrote this book as a testament to God's provision and the encouragement he received in seeing God's response to prayer.
Cisco
Oct 20, 2014 Cisco rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring book

It is really a blessing in itself to read and to know the testimony of people who has walked with God and can tell you what you can expect from Him. The trial is not our enemy, if we learn to hang ourselves from the Lord.
Tim Kruse
Sep 20, 2007 Tim Kruse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Inspirational!! This is the book I have right on my desk. Every time I'm feeling down, I pick this up and read a chapter. The amazing simple faith of George Mueller and his wife always lifts my spirits as I know it will yours.
Cathy Biggerstaff
Jun 02, 2015 Cathy Biggerstaff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Answers to Prayer by George Meuller was a wonderfully written book about the faith of a man who relied on God to meet every need of 1200 orphans. Very inspiring. A little hard to read because it is written in the vernacular of 1840's England. I highly recommend this book.
Drew Van gorder
Oct 04, 2012 Drew Van gorder rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you think you've got a decent prayer life, then George Mueller will help to to make it a phenomenal prayer life. A man who needs hardly an introduction, Mueller's prayer life always leaves me wanting to spend more time at the "throne of grace."
Philip Hartman
Jan 19, 2013 Philip Hartman rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: faith
This book will humble you! Read how George Mueller completely and totally relied on God for His provision both for himself and the orphanages he founded.
Becca
Oct 27, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My only complaint is that I wish it was longer! This book is a great encouragement in the walk of faith and a perfect model of daily dependence on our Heavenly Father.
Richard Jicha
Oct 15, 2016 Richard Jicha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Book!

So inspiring! Muller makes you feel like every christian could attain to his level of faith if only their focus is on bringing God glory in whatever they seek to do.
Addison
Sep 28, 2010 Addison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mueller is an inspiration and a teacher in the discipline of prayer. He continues to teach even years after his return to the Lord. Love this book.
Charity Rishel
Great book. It really encouraged me in the area of prayer, and blessed my heart as I read of God's greatness.
Hiroshi Inaba
Sep 17, 2013 Hiroshi Inaba rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is good to read to know and learn what is all about prayer and how God answers a faithful Christians' prayer.
Vaughn
Feb 22, 2011 Vaughn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an amazing account of how God provided for George Muller and his ministry, but more than anything the book is a powerful narrative of how God responds to faith and prayer.
Nicole
May 15, 2016 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Faith in action

Inspirational story and a fascinating life . Hope I can learn to live that way one day, if I'm lucky.
Jordan Cary
Apr 04, 2011 Jordan Cary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible... A must read for all believers!
Naoko
Naoko rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
Mike Douglas
Mike Douglas rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2016
Patrick Miller
Patrick Miller rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2010
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Seeing through the Fog: Hope When Your World Falls Apart
  • The True Vine
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • How to Pray
  • Cameron Townsend: Good News in Every Language (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)
  • Be Satisfied (Ecclesiastes): Looking for the Answer to the Meaning of Life
  • Knowing the Truth About Jesus the Messiah (Defenders Series)
  • When God Breaks Your Heart: Choosing Hope in the Midst of Faith-Shattering Circumstances
  • 131 Christians Everyone Should Know
  • The Unlikely Missionary: From Pew-Warmer to Poverty-Fighter
  • Brimstone: The Art and Act of Holy Nonjudgment
  • Mormon America
  • Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation
  • True Courage: Emboldened by God in a Disheartening World (Bold Man of God)
  • The Twenty-Piece Shuffle: Why the Poor and Rich Need Each Other
  • George Muller: Man of Faith and Miracles
  • Reclaiming Christianity: A Call to Authentic Faith
  • God's Promise of Happiness
George Müller (born Johann Georg Ferdinand Müller) was a Christian evangelist and Director of the Ashley Down orphanage in Bristol, England, cared for 10,024 orphans in his life. He was well known for providing an education to the children under his care, to the point where he was accused of raising the poor above their natural station in life. He also established 117 schools which offered Christi ...more
More about George Müller...

“The Spirit and the
Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay myself open to great delusions
also. If the Holy Ghost guides us at all, He will do it according to the Scriptures and never contrary to them.”
14 likes
“Nine-tenths of the difficulties are
overcome when our hearts are ready to do the Lord's will, whatever it may be.”
12 likes