Start by marking “Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta (Midnight Louie, #23)” as Want to Read:
Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta (Midnight Louie, #23)

Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta (Midnight Louie #23)

Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta: A Midnight Louie Mystery (Midnight Louie Mysteries)
Published August 2nd 2011 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta

Mary-Catherine
Sep 20, 2011 Mary-Catherine rated it liked it
I've been reading this series since I was pretty young (I think in middle school or something and I'm 26 now) and I've always loved the prose that the author comes up with. She has this way of describing a single instant in time with such vivid detail that you can't help but get emotionally attached to the scene. Overall I think this series has a lot of well developed characters and a very rich storyline but it just didn't come through in this installment.

I don't know quite what happened. I kept
Samantha March
Aug 25, 2011 Samantha March rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I’m never a fan of giving unfavorable reviews, nor am I a fan of not finishing books. Unfortunately, this is what has happened when I attempted to read Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta by Carole Nelson Douglas. I usually write a little synopsis of the story to start off my reviews, but I’m not quite sure what to type here. There is a cat that is a detective and chats with other stray cats, a PR whiz that somehow turns into a detective, an ex-fiancée with no memory, and an actress with a kooky ...more
Lbaker
Aug 31, 2011 Lbaker rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-female
This book's plot was convoluted and if I hadn't read most of the previous books I would have been totally lost.

Regarding the resurgence of several characters that were previously pronounced dead - I don't read zombie books generally and can't the author think up new evil geniuses?

I adore both Midnight Louis and Temple Barr, and other characters are great; but it's time to weed out some peripheral characters and focus on the good - less is more and all that!

Keep Temple, Matt, Molina, Ambrosia/Le
Barb
Sep 16, 2012 Barb rated it did not like it
I didn't finish this book. I don't think I made through 2 chapters.
It was a last minute purchase at the drug store in the mall because I forgot to bring a real book with me to the hairdresser. I thought the cover was cute ... I should have known better. Never trust a cute cover. Never.

This will definitely be going in the next donation box to the library.
Alannah Davis
Jul 30, 2012 Alannah Davis rated it really liked it
I've read a few of the earlier Midnight Louie (a mystery-solving black cat) books years ago). This is clearly a series in which the characters - including the main human character, Temple Barr, a Las Vegas PR whiz and amateur sleuth - have evolved and grown.

In "Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta," Temple agrees to take on the case when B-movie starlet Savannah Ashleigh asks her to investigate the death of Savannah's rich aunt, who is dying and has several hangers-on who would like to claim her estate
Sharon
Oct 06, 2015 Sharon rated it it was amazing
I've been a fan of the Midnight Louie/Temple Barr books for years, and was glad to find one I hadn't yet read in our local library.

This time, Temple's one-time fiancé, Max, is back from Ireland with amnesia ... and her current fiancé, Matt, is being wooed by TV producers to move to Chicago and have his own talk show. In the mean while, Temple's trying to help B-movie actress Savannah Ashleigh find out why her Aunt Violet is having so many problems during her terminal illness. Oh -- and why someo
Joanne
Aug 03, 2012 Joanne rated it really liked it
More fun in the extended saga of Temple, Matt, Max, Louie, and the rest of the gang. Max has returned to Vegas, physically messed up and missing his memory. Matt has network fame and fortune waiting in the wings in Chicago, and Temple has just been hired for her first official PI case. Maybe this will take her mind off the two men in her life... Not the place to start, but lots of fun for those who follow the series.
Sue
Jul 01, 2012 Sue rated it really liked it
Carole Nelson Douglas always spins a good suspense yarn! Now I have to wait a month before the next one is out! Will Temple really marry Matt? Will they move to Chicago? Did they find Kathleen O'Connor? Did Max get his memory back? Did they discover more about the Synth? What's the next case, and where will Midnight Louie fit into it?
Trudi Jorda
Sep 23, 2011 Trudi Jorda rated it it was amazing
I love the alpha cat mysteries! I have watched Midnight Louie reign supreme in Las Vegas since the very first book and love the characters. She throws a lot of curve balls in the plot which keep you coming back for more-- and the funny thing is I am not usually a cat person! In this one she throws a ferret into the mix!
Kathy
Oct 08, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Nelson Douglas is back on her game with this installment of the Midnight Louie series. Some of the previous episodes had the series showing its age, but I think the sleek black cat's back! No spoilers, but a taut, sharp little mystery with some real resolution on one of the long-term plotlines, and some real forward motion on the overall series arc. First-rate, as good as the early books.

Barb Foerst
May 01, 2011 Barb Foerst rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I think i keep reading this series just to find out where the story line with the main characters goes. It's getting harder to wade through the story; however.

Temple Barr is a independent PR rep with a fiance and an ex-fiance who has just resurfaced. She becomes involved in her first for hire PI case. As a result the Barbie Doll murders finally come to a conclusion.
Janet Windeguth
May 25, 2011 Janet Windeguth rated it it was ok
Oh, Carole. This was not one of your better entries. There were enough teasing little plot twists and so much discussion of what to do next that I felt like I was in a third-rate soap opera. The Midnight Louie books have been some of my favorites, but now I’m wavering as to whether I want to continue.
Mary Newcomb
I liked this series once. Now I feel like I am slogging through the same old tired story with minutiae as anything new, trying to get to letter Z. And I must not be the only one feeling that way as I noticed that the final two letters are only available in an e-book.
Heather Henkel
May 14, 2012 Heather Henkel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-cat
A nice addition to the series. I like that Solange and Yvette are back as love interests. And I like that both the light and dark alpha males are back in this book! Overall, it was a nice light read, with smart aleck comments all along the way, which is why I love this series.
Lucy
Aug 08, 2011 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The usual romp. One nice aspect of these books is that CND doesn't seem to need to top each book with the next, as Jim Butcher does with the Harry Dresden books--each one stands on its own without needing to outdo the last with its mayhem.

So... the triangle is suddenly, and very oddly, resolved?
Becky
Jul 11, 2012 Becky added it
I was eager to read Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta after the cliffhanger at the end of the previous book and I was not disappointed. For awhile the series was getting so convoluted that it was difficult to keep track of the plot, but now things are clearing up. I'm looking forward to the next book!
Anne-Kathrine
Note 2
Good to see some of the loose ends tidied up :)
Merrill
I love this book! it was really unique mix soap opera drama and mystery. I was happy to find out that there are more books in the series I am looking foreword to reading them.
Inari Thiel
Jan 06, 2016 Inari Thiel rated it liked it
Easy read. Picked it up as a 'mystery package' from my local library.
Mary Beth
Jan 16, 2017 Mary Beth rated it liked it
Series could've ended sooner. Will try to read rest of series. Story goes quicker and better if you skip the "Louie" chapters.
Brett Bydairk
Feb 24, 2013 Brett Bydairk rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, humor
Well, the Barbie Doll Killer storyline that has occupied several books is now complete.
Matt is back from Chicago, and Max is back from the dead, albeit minus much memory.
Mellanie C
Jul 23, 2016 Mellanie C marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Ellen
Dec 31, 2012 Ellen rated it liked it
I think she's running out of ideas. But I've read all the other books, so I'll finish the series.
Kelly
I really liked this one, but then again I really like Midnight Louie and his human(& non-human) pals.
Tammy
Mar 10, 2012 Tammy rated it did not like it
Not my kind of story telling.
Carolynne
Sep 14, 2012 Carolynne rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
bad writing; didn't like the characters; book really stunk
Karan
Jul 24, 2012 Karan marked it as to-read
Shelves: finished
Always love those Louie books!
Helen
Aug 15, 2013 Helen rated it it was amazing
A complex and page-turning plot with some very interesting developments in the series characters.
Gloria
Oct 05, 2011 Gloria rated it really liked it
Oh yeah! The clash of Max, Temple, and Matt! Discovery of the Barbie Doll Killer! Max and Carmen face-to-face! Kitty the Cutter making subtle moves from afar. Booyah!
Shari
Shari rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2012
Madison Mega-Mara...: #15 - Cat in a Vegas Gold Vendetta 1 3 Mar 29, 2013 07:38AM
  • Cat in the Dark (Joe Grey, #4)
  • The Cat, the Vagabond and the Victim (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #6)
  • File M for Murder (Cat in the Stacks, #3)
  • The Colony Cat Caper (Klepto Cat Mystery #5)
  • Copycat Killing (A Magical Cats Mystery, #3)
  • Murder at the Feast of Rejoicing (Lord Meren, #3)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty-three award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 28-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole' ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Midnight Louie (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1)
  • Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)
  • Cat on a Blue Monday (Midnight Louie, #3)
  • Cat in a Crimson Haze (Midnight Louie, #4)
  • Cat in a Diamond Dazzle (Midnight Louie, #5)
  • Cat with an Emerald Eye (Midnight Louie, #6)
  • Cat in a Flamingo Fedora (Midnight Louie, #7)
  • Cat in a Golden Garland (Midnight Louie, #8)
  • Cat on a Hyacinth Hunt (Midnight Louie, #9)
  • Cat in an Indigo Mood (Midnight Louie, #10)