Start by marking “Cage of Eden, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Cage of Eden, Vol. 1
Preview

Cage of Eden, Vol. 1 (Cage of Eden #1)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  488 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Danger and action abound after Akira Sengoku and his classmates crash-land on a deserted island while flying home from a class trip. The island doesn't exist on any maps but that's not even the strangest part: the animals they find on the island are prehistoric beasts that are supposed to have been extinct for thousands of years! Now Akira and his friends are in danger as ...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Kodansha Comics (first published February 17th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cage of Eden, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cage of Eden, Vol. 1

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri Hino
Best Manga/Anime Book Ever
243rd out of 939 books — 2,738 voters
Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaCardcaptor Sakura, Vol. 1 by CLAMP
Best Completed Manga Series
38th out of 87 books — 36 voters

More lists with this book...

Chibineko
Aleixie
Why am I encountering such bad manga all of a sudden? Is the world uniting against me?

*sigh*
The Holy Terror
Woah! Intense! Kind of reminds me of a Battle Royale- or Gantz-type setting mixed with the TV show Lost. And now I'm kicking myself for not at least grabbing the second volume because it ends on a doozy of a cliffhanger.

Lots of panty shots and boobs, but it's an ecchi manga so that's to be expected and it doesn't bother me. The story already has me intrigued and there are so many questions I want answered. Hopefully this mangaka can pull this story off to where it makes sense because there are s
Robert Dufalo
The art was good for most of it, there were points where it looked like he was cutting corners.
The story is...still out for review. I'm going to need to read a few more books to better understand what's going on and if it's not just an excuse at a TnA series.
Dani
The end of the volume is quite compelling, ending with a cliff hanger and a hockey mask. While I feel like I should like this series (it has survival and many relationships - just up my alley) I also feel an equal amount of disappointment. I decidedly don't like when characters cover the same ground over and over and don't make any progress and I felt that kind of lack of progress here! I read a whole chapter where Akiro complains his life hadn't changed much and he has no purpose while even aft ...more
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

This manga is a mix of high school life meet a Jurassic Park kinda swing. It's really interesting and crazy to read.

Coming back from Guam, a plane with over 300 passengers crash lands on a mysterious island stationed in the Pacific Ocean. The only thing is that the island isn't on any map. One other thing... There are extinct animals running wild and they're hungry.

Cage of Eden is such a strange, interesting read especially since all t
Leah
This series has to be one of the best manga I've ever read. I have personally dubbed it the lovechild of Lost and Jurassic Park...obviously because they're stranded on an island and are being eaten by extinct animals.

It took me a few times to get used to the ecchi (boobs & panty shots EVERYWHERE...there's also a bunch of nice shots of a shirtless teenage delinquent...*blushes*) but it fits somehow. It doesn't go overboard and take away from the story, but then I may be being easy on it beca
Rena
Oh dear! Now what have I gotten myself into. A plane full of junior high students have crashed onto an island inhabited by animals that should be extinct. It is total anarchy now! I don't even know what to think.

I kind of like the concept, so that is redeeming factor. I'm not crazy about how it is being executed right now, but I will give it a chance. Maybe it will grow on me.
Cameron
This is a pretty entertaining series about the passengers of a downed aircraft trying to survive until help arrives. Chaos ensues as the group fractures and the story will keep you guessing as you root for the characters' survival. It does a good job fleshing out a wide cast of characters. You can tell the artist put a lot of effort into the details, as his depictions of flora and fauna are painstakingly accurate. The frequency of female characters being put in sexually compromising situations d ...more
Nyie Rombeng
porsi petualangan aksinya dengan sentuhan misteri distoryline cage of eden hampir proporsional.
kamu bakalan dimanjain dengan beragam odd creatures didalamnya,readers.
ketersesatan perjalanan akira membawanya pada ancaman&bahaya dari pulau misterius ini.jiwa heroik&tertantangnya membuatnya mengerahkan segala upaya untuknya bertahan hidup.
dari segi plot cerita sudah ok!,namun unsur nudity yang disisipkan didalam cage of eden menurutku hanya untuk pleasure semata,mungkin agar tidak bosan kal
YA hapiness
Ok, so it may be a little pervy at points but it is a great story line! I think that you should read it and see what you think. The story is basically how the plane filled group of people survive after it crashes in the middle of nowhere. It is kinda of like 'Lost' I suppose... It may sound boring or 'done before' but it is exciting and a great read. As the story develops throughout the series it will be hard to put the book down!
Magehero
Great suspense and the mystery made me read more.
Sadly I was awarded with an ending that made me think that this is a manga version of Lost.
Alex Gonzalez
Though not very far in the series, Cage of Eden shows potential and thus deserves to at least be read.
Abdulaziz Fagih
It’s ok not great and not bad you can say it’s enjoyable with some interesting event here and there
Paige
I didn't really like it, but the art was good. It's just not my style.
Peter Wright
After returning from a school trip to Guam Akira's class's plane crashes on an island. He is stranded with the smartest kid in the grade, Mariya and a flight attendent. They're all wondering where the rest of the class is, and Akira is wondering where his friends are. but there is more immediate problems they have to face, the island is populated by extinct creatures. How will Akira save and find his friends when he is being attack on all fronts. Read Cage of Eden for an interesting book on huma ...more
Mary
Jul 30, 2012 Mary rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Panty shots don't belong in a horror/adventure manga. It would have been a lot better without all of the fanservice, simply because it looks like the author was going more for a serious, horror-y type of feel. It's very disorienting to have someone being eaten by a prehistoric beast on one page, and then on the next a large breasted woman in a wet shirt. I don't mind fanservice, but there's a time and place for it, and it's not "every time the female love interest shows up."

Read "King of Thorn"
Mark
The story is actually not original. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle once wrote something similar to this, in his "The Lost World". There was a Hollywood movie "A Land Before Time" (I wasn't sure the right title and won't bother myself browsing IMDB because the internet connection is really slow right now), which was made in 1950s with a similar plot: people traveling in helicopter stranded in an island inhabited by prehistoric animals (i.e. dinosaurs!) that supposedly not exist.

This is definitely going t
Andy Trinh
On the way back to Japan, Akira and his friends' air plane crashed on a jungle-like island. When they woke up, they found themselves on a extraordinarily island with many prehistorical animal, which can kill them at any time. From now one they have to survive and help each other with a truly friendship,so that they can reach the way out the this place.
This art is great and quiet scary at most of the exciting climax.The story line is great . I would reccomend this to every manga reader, especial
Joevarian
Amazing! Simply amazing! A real psychological mystery thriller manga with unusual theme. Every page were some enjoyment to me. Too bad it's a little bit difficult to put all of the volume in goodreads. I read all 95 chapters in just one day because I simply enjoy reading this. Besides, this manga will build your curiosity in the every page.
Amelia
This was one suspenseful story that just sucks you in! It's like a mixture of "Lost", "Lord of the Flies" and "Jurassic Park". I really like the main character's attitude, he is loyal and believable, and he doesn't give up no matter the situation.
Yoshinobu Yamada-san piled on the action in this story, I will definitely read the rest!
Sannie Hald
This was a dull start but it became interesting in the end with 'there are no rules on this island' giving me the vibe of Battle Royale.. So I will be reading the next as well.
Puji Rahayu
This is another comic from level comics that I ever read. about many animal in the past which is extinct and find at one if island. The character must survive with all the condition. Any of them has been killed. I like the story actually. But we will know what happen next
Michael
High school survivors of a plane wreck find themselves stranded on an island that never existed, with creatures that shouldn’t exist, and controlled by rules that no longer exist. It’s Lord of the Flies meets The Mysterious Island in a thrilling manga.
Mayank Agarwal
The story starts of well but looses its charm half way as one can guess the end also its full of cleches.The art is good. A decent read
Eunice
I love the plot so far. Very mysterious which makes a book even more interesting. Volume 2 coming my way.
Anita Lim
It was pretty GOOD but kinda little bit disappointed for complete book and I wish they could continuing
Sherry
Great concept! Awesome action and an interesting storyline is building. Will be continuing this series.
Elsa
Kids trapped on a weird island when their plane crashes on the way home from a school trip.
Cyndie
Dans le style de Lost un peu, c'est sympa.
  • Bloody Monday, Tome 1
  • Btooom! (#1)
  • Dance In The Vampire Bund, Vol. 1 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #1)
  • Liar Game, Volume 1 (Liar Game, #1)
  • Highschool of the Dead, Vol. 4 (Highschool of the Dead, #4)
  • Blade of the Immortal, Volume 20: Demon's Lair
  • Black Jack, Vol. 4
  • 4 A.M. Breakthrough: Unconventional Writing Exercises That Transform Your Fiction
  • 7 Seeds, Volume 1
  • Shade, the Changing Man, Vol. 2: Edge of Vision
  • 名探偵コナン 36 (Detective Conan #36)
  • Batman: Child of Dreams
  • Usagi Yojimbo, Vol. 20: Glimpses of Death (Usagi Yojimbo #20)
Author of Cage of Eden (エデンの檻 Eden no Ori), Chanbara (チャンバラ) and EX - Shounen Hyouryuu (EX少年漂流) ...more
More about Yoshinobu Yamada...

Cage of Eden (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Cage of Eden 2