Start by marking “Ilse Janda, 14 oder Die Ilse ist weg” as Want to Read:
Ilse Janda, 14 oder Die Ilse ist weg

Ilse Janda, 14 oder Die Ilse ist weg

3.29 of 5 stars 3.29  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Family conflicts form the background in this easy-to-read novel, edited by the author for non-German readers. As narrated by her younger sister, fifteen-year old Ilse has run away. Her disappearance raises all the questions adolescents seem to carry. Accompanying photocopiable lesson plans are available.
Published 1988 by Oetinger Verlag (first published 1976)

To ask other readers questions about Ilse Janda, 14 oder Die Ilse ist weg, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ilse Janda, 14 oder Die Ilse ist weg

Raisa
Die Ilse ist weg. Ilse is gone. What a beautiful story. No, not Ilse's but her sister's. Ilse is gone. Vanished. And even while she continues to be absent, her absence mocks her younger sister, who only meant to help her, by sending her away. She feels cheated, lied to. Ilse had issues, that is clear. Her decision to leave her house was her own. But to include her younger sister was unfair. Oh, how can I write about this story...

I generally do not have catharsis. Here, I did. I felt for the sist
Juan Villaup
Un relato de fácil lectura que muestra los efectos de la desunión familiar y el descalabro de los matrimonios sobre los hijos(as) adolescentes. Personajes que a veces desagradan, pero, por los que también se llega a sentir ternura y lástima al final. Sin tener un portentoso final -porque no es historia que termine- me parece que cumple efectivamente con la tarea de mostrar los sinsabores de crecer en medio de las descuadernadas formas modernas de familia.
Sophia
I completely love this book, I remember that I read when I was 12 years old, certainly one of those that marked me and I started reading, it has very important values, I think it is an excellent book
Genaro
Libro de lectura rápida. La historia de una adolescente que decide huir de casa cuando las peleas con su madre no terminan y como su hermana menor la busca a pesar de todo. Nos deja con una muestra de como quedan las familias rotas por un divorcio y las malas decisiones que pueden tomarse.
Historia definitivamente para chicos (as) adolescentes.
Miranda
I loved this book! This book made me not want to put it down....Ever! So basically this book is about two sisters and the older one ran away because she was so un happy with her life at home. But when she runs away nobody has a clue where she is! IF you enjoy a good mystery book this is definitly for you!
Mariana P. Vallejo
Recuerdo haber leído esto cuando era más pequeña. Fue uno de los primeros libros que leí, de nuevo, por mi cuenta y más enfocado en lo que es la literatura. Digamos, uno de mis grandes descubrimientos.
Le doy cuatro sobre cinco estrellas, más por los recuerdos que me trae que por que sea una buena historia.
Patricia
This book I read while in middle school... i never thought if reading it again, but the truth is that this is one of those books that everytime you read them, you find somenthing new that you missed last time.
Ashley Wood
The copy I have is called Ilse Janda, 14. Maybe the title is different in German. The plot seems to be the same as what everyone is describing.
Berenice  Con M
Una historia de todos los días y una mirada fresca y diferente a la mente y las fantasías de los adolescentes.
Asingwire
A really good book , taught me a lot about parenting and the role of a mother and how things can go terribly wrong.
John
I plan on burning it after we're done with it in school. 'Nuff said.
Nelly
For school, don't really remember it well.
Matthew Landers
Matthew Landers marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Melissa Flaquer
Melissa Flaquer marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Dani
Dani added it
Apr 12, 2015
Dena
Dena marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Adietcoke
Adietcoke marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Byron Despres-Berry
Byron Despres-Berry marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Gloria
Gloria is currently reading it
Mar 04, 2015
Maite Cuevas
Maite Cuevas marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Artur
Artur marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
  • Am kürzeren Ende der Sonnenallee
  • Fairy Tales Of Wilhelm Hauff
  • Dantons Tod
  • Entre visillos
  • Instrucciones para salvar el mundo
  • Charm School
  • Vienna
  • Mary Anne and the Memory Garden (The Baby-Sitters Club, #93)
  • Die Harzreise
  • The Secret Life of Sally Tomato (Diary #4)
  • And Never Said a Word
  • The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
  • Eine blaßblaue Frauenschrift
  • Los ojos del perro siberiano
  • Jennifer Lawrence: Star of the Hunger Games
  • Monkey Island
  • Die Konferenz der Tiere
  • The Tattooed Potato and Other Clues
Christine Nöstlinger is an Austrian writer.

By her own admission, Nöstlinger was a wild and angry child. After finishing high school, she wanted to become an artist, and studied graphic arts at the Academy of Applied Arts in Vienna. She worked as a graphic artist for a few years, before marrying a journalist, Ernst Nöstlinger, with whom she had two daughters. Today she alternates between her home i
More about Christine Nöstlinger...
Conrad: The Factory-Made Boy Gretchen Sackmeier: Eine Familiengeschichte Querida Susi, querido Paul The Cucumber King Maikäfer, flieg!