Start by marking “A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Million Suns (Across the Universe, #2)

A Million Suns (Across the Universe #2)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  40,412 Ratings  ·  3,560 Reviews
Godspeed was once fueled by lies. Now it is ruled by chaos.

It’s been three months since Amy was unplugged. The life she always knew is over. Everywhere she looks, she sees the walls of the spaceship Godspeed.

But there may be hope: Elder has assumed leadership of the ship. He's finally free to act on his vision—no more Phydus, no more lies.

But when Elder learns shocking n
Published January 10th 2012 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about A Million Suns, please sign up.

Mary If you count "frex" as a bad word, then yes. "frex" is their own version of a particular bad word. And it does talk about when a character was raped…moreIf you count "frex" as a bad word, then yes. "frex" is their own version of a particular bad word. And it does talk about when a character was raped but I wouldn't even consider it as bad. all it says is that she didn't stand chance. :) I hope this helped!(less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Hope Well, it had been 3 months since Luthor attacked her, which is 12-14 weeks. Fetus viability is 24 weeks. So.... there wasn't much to do to save a baby…moreWell, it had been 3 months since Luthor attacked her, which is 12-14 weeks. Fetus viability is 24 weeks. So.... there wasn't much to do to save a baby that small. (less)
YA Novels of 2012
15th out of 1,325 books — 10,614 voters
Can't Wait Books of 2012
20th out of 2,455 books — 15,875 voters

More lists with this book...

hayden
Jan 16, 2012 hayden rated it it was amazing
I PRESENT: A REVIEW COMPRISED ENTIRELY OF GIFS

This is how I feel.

I would like to do this to Beth Revis.

This is what it's going to be like waiting for SHADES OF EARTH.

When SHADES OF EARTH comes out, I'll be like this.

Until SHADES OF EARTH comes out...
Steph Sinclair
Actual rating: 3.5 stars

I've been really eager to read A Million Suns for a while now. I'm a Sci-Fi geek and I'm not afraid to admit that. (Hear that, Kennedy?! I'm owning that!) So I think, in a way, I am prone to getting swept away with this series. And just as with Across the Universe, I was immediately sucked into the story, walking around my house with my face glued to the book, sitting on the edge of my seat trying to figure out the mysteries surrounding Godspeed. Because if there is one t
Emily May
May 23, 2012 Emily May rated it liked it

It's been a while since I finished Across the Universe and gave it a mostly positive review. Since then, I have changed a lot, read many more books, and my expectations and standards have become higher. As more and more time has been put between my finishing Across the Universe and starting A Million Suns, I've been wondering if I would be quite so forgiving of some of the issues I had in the first book if I were to read it again now. You see, despite the pretty sparkly covers, it is the charac
Whitney Atkinson
May 22, 2015 Whitney Atkinson rated it really liked it
Juliana Zapata
Sep 02, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Una historia maravillosa, que atrapa desde la primera página, cada capítulo esta lleno de sorpresas y descubrimientos. Entre más avanzas mas quieres leer, mas cosas necesitas descubrir y mas metido estas en la historia.

Ya quiero leer el libro final de esta saga

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Cherry
Sep 13, 2015 Cherry rated it really liked it
Your universe changed with book one.
Your heart stopped with book two.
And now, it's time to go home.
The journey is just beginning...
descriptiondescription
Silence and Stars.

A million things, a thousands feelings, hundreds of experiences, all melted together and sculpted into a book-shaped vessel.

The people are finally off Phydus, and now, the ship's in chaos.
Elder is now Eldest, the burden of responsibility weighed heavily on his shoulders.
Riots and the uprising of people. Rebellion. Fighting. Depression. Death.

Eldest
Ariana
Mar 20, 2015 Ariana rated it really liked it
"And here we are, in the middle, surrounded by a sea of stars.
A million stars."

What an intriguing story.. in a way, even intriguingly sad.
This book finds us right where the first one left us. Somewhere between Sol-Earth and Centauri-Earth, suspended in time and space.

There is no more Phydus to control the people around the ship and they are quite out of control. People don’t work, people start to fight, they suffer from depression.
They start having feelings, they start thinking for themselves a
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Luthe and Orion here they come!!!

From http://www.bethrevis.com/

Q: Can you tell us anything about the sequels?
Beth Revis: I can say this much about Book 2:

It’s called A MILLION SUNS
It takes place soon after ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
It does still focus on Amy & Elder -END

Nice detail about the book isn't it? lol
I LOVE THE TITLE thought!
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Oct 22, 2015 Chelsea (chelseadolling reads) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Holy shit. I love this series SO MUCH. Gonna start book three immediately bc I NEED TO OKAY.
Sercan Vatansever
Jan 15, 2016 Sercan Vatansever rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,5
İlk kitap bir yaz esintisi, bu kitapsa tam bir kasırga.

Kitabın ilk yarısı sıkıldım. Bence siz de benim bunu dememden sıkıldınız ama kimin umurunda? Benim değil. Evet art arda ilk yarısında kötü dediğim ama ikinci yarısında muhteşemleşen kitaplar okudum. (Bkz. Dikenlikler Prensi, Kızıl Yükseliş, Bir Milyon Güneş.)

Buradan ilk kitabı okuyup sevmeyenlere sesleniyorum (benim gibi): ilk kitap bunun yanında sıfır!
Yazar kurguyu buram buram hissettiriyor. O ilk kitapta 'gelişine yazılmış' hava tamamen
Melannie :)
Jan 22, 2012 Melannie :) is currently reading it
Shelves: most-anticipated
I can't wait to read about Elder taking the role of The Eldest,
and ohhh man! I don't think they should relax with Orion still alive,
and that Luthe guy has to be watched closely.

______________________

“Will you stay with me?” I whisper.
“Always.”

Goodness, this book, I-
I mean, I-
Well, I-
The thing is, this-
I CAN'T DO THIS. THIS IS TOO HARD. I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH I WANT TO HUG THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE RIGHT NOW. I CANNOT TALK COHERENTLY.

A masterpiece.

There.

Starred Review

Actual, full review: Original is here. (Note: Due to copy-and-paste, most formatting and links have been lost.)

Reading A Million Suns was like hugging the entire universe in its aggregated starry glory. Like soari
Elena
May 23, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'' Silence... and stars''

It's actually a big accomplishment for me, that I have finally picked this up. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first one, but for some unknown reason I never continued on. Until now. And that's all because of my besties, who forced me to ! :P
And I'm so glad she did.
I freakin' loved the second installment. It was so much better than the first one!

The story itself is something I enjoy more than the characters. I like Elder, and I actually love Amy, even though
Yulitza Moncada
Mar 07, 2016 Yulitza Moncada rated it it was amazing
ESTE LIBRO ES LA PERFECCIÓN, DIOS MIO NO PUEDEN IMAGINARSE LO BUENO QUE ES.

Beth Revis eres un diosa, A Million Suns es un libro maravilloso, extremadamente MARAVILLOSO, este libro fue una total montaña rusa de emociones, van a ver momentos en el que te vas a reir, momentos en el que literal se te va el alma del cuerpo, momentos hermosos y momentos espantosos, horribles, desastrosos, en este libro siento que mi amor por Elder aumento a muchos niveles, Amy aun sigue desesperándome un poco, en vari
Reynje
Apr 30, 2012 Reynje rated it really liked it

**Note: Review contains spoilers for Across the Universe**

If you’ve read Across the Universe, you’ll be familiar with its intense and chilling first chapter – a powerful piece of writing that opened this YA sci-fi trilogy with a bang. While I enjoyed Across the Universe, for me, that claustrophobic induction into Amy’s point of view was its highest point. That said, I wanted to see where Revis was going to take the story next. Having left her characters and the Godspeed in something of
Ferdy
Amy and Elder are adjusting to their new lives onboard Godspeed. With the death of Eldest, Elder has now taken the reigns and assumed leadership. Elder's decision to stop using Phydus - the drug that calms people down and makes them subservient - has awoken the people onborad on Godspeed. People have stopped working, resources are running low, there's violence, death and chaos. Elder spends much of his time trying to maintain order, keep the peace and diminish the flames of rebellion.
A
Lindsay Cummings
Dec 04, 2013 Lindsay Cummings rated it it was amazing
Shelves: myarcs
OH...MY...GOSH. This book...you guys... I am over the top excited to be able to review this book. I had no idea it would be heading to me in the mail, and when I got a package from Razorbill, I made myself SWEAR not to get too excited as I opened up the envelope. But there it was. A shiny, brand new copy of Across the Universe's sequel, for me, who probably tormented Beth Revis by sending her so many pictures and "holy crap Beth you're amazing" tweets. This was absolutely one of my most anticipa ...more
Burak
Jun 26, 2012 Burak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vay canına. Gerçekten! Uzun zamandır hiçbir kitap bu kadar baştan sona şaşırtmamıştı beni. ( Kılıçların Fırtınası hariç.) Bu kadın işi gerçekten biliyor. Umarım son kitapta batırmaz ve bu güzellikte giderse bitirmemesi için dua edeceğim çünkü çok farklı bir konuma geldi kitap. Meraktan ölüyorum yeni kitap için umarım yakında çıkar.
Colleen Houck
I just finished A MILLION SUNS on the plane from Boston to Portland and I wish there was more! Very much looking forward to the next and final book in the trilogy. Beth is awesome and her books are too. Love the slang! This book is so brilly!
Caitlin
Feb 24, 2012 Caitlin rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book.

The Good

1. The characters all have their flaws. No one comes off as heroic, nor does anyone come off as evil. Everyone struggles with who and where they are. No one is satisfied, yet no one is entirely unhappy. It's a realistic feel to it.

2. The plot was interesting and satisfying as a sequel (but predictable). Unlike Across the Universe it wasn't as blantantly obvious who was behind the chaos, but it doesn't take much effort to figure it out (Well who's lef
Andrea Manzanilla
Ok, I don't know what happen, but I had a review on this book but apparently Goodreads deleted it or something because no longer appears. I refuse to do another one, again. So I'll get you the short version of it.

In conclusion, I found the book thrilling, addictive, with a lot more secrets than the first book and with a finally that make you want to read the next one right away.
Jun 24, 2015 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves:
"Love without choice isn't love at all." This is a great line and also befuddles me. This is how I felt about the whole book. Good and then also not making sense altogether.

I love the plot of this series. Very sci-fi. I love the book world. Pretty well constructed. I love Elder. The problem: Amy. Can't stand her. She's whiny and I get why. I've read and written books with whiny characters and bitchy ones. But there has to be something redeeming about them, like that they're really funny or snar
Jan 19, 2012 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh FREX that was amazing! I just love the way they say frex throughout the book!

Elder has been trying so hard to lead the ship. The people are off phydus and finally know the truth. They are rebelling, not working, suicidal, and fighting him every decision he makes. They are learning about war and rebellions and want a chance to elect a leader. Then some people start showing up dead, with the words follow the leader written on them. Elder must find a way to fix the engines, control the people, a
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
*4.5 Stars*

Emotion courses through my veins, choking me. I feel so insignificant, a tiny speck surrounded by a million stars.
A million suns.

-Elder

Okay, so, first thing first-I adore Elder. There. I SAID it. I don't know why, I don't know how, but for some reason his frexing ass has become my favorite thing about these books. More on him later, now that that's out of the way...These books are extremely well written, they are not easy to put down, and they have a lot of underhanded mayhem that doe
Freckles
Nov 16, 2012 Freckles rated it it was amazing
PANEBOŽE!! Já chci další díl!! Kdy bude další díl? Já chci vědět co se stane v dalším díle! :D Pokud jste to četli, určitě mě chápete. Protože tenhle konec byl jak další ukončení Catching Fire/Síly vzdoru! A mám velkou potřebu psát vykřičníky!!!
!!!

Na začátku se mi zdálo, že Milion sluncí je horší než Loď mezi hvězdami, ale pak jsem se okolo poloviny začetla a nedokázala jsem to odložit. Bylo to epesný! Tak epesný, že musím použít slovo epesný!
Už jsem zmiňovala, že se nemůžu dočkat dalšího dílu?
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
Elder is now the “Eldest” and is command of the ship. He finds that the engineers are hiding a secret from him and when he finds out the truth, it could change the way people would see him as a leader. Ruling the ship without the drug makes all the people susceptible to chaos.

I really enjoyed the way Beth Revis tells her story. Having two viewpoints makes the story so much more interesting and you can’t help but like the characters more when you can understand their decisions.

One thing I didn’t
Anita
It has a title! It didn't have one before! How I look forward to A Million Suns! I love how it says:
“The plot of this book is currently a secret...”
And now it's not a secret and I adore the cover--even if it doesn't match the first, ohmygoodness. I am excited for this release just about as much as I am for Cynthia Hand's Hallowed.
Mia Nauca
Aug 15, 2015 Mia Nauca rated it it was amazing
Me ENCANTO esta segunda parte de Across de Universe. No podía soltar el libro, es adictivo realmente. Voy a comenzar el 3ro hoy mismo: necesito saber que pasa
Gökçe
Jul 13, 2015 Gökçe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
İlk kitapta olduğu gibi başlarda birazcık sıkıldım. Ama sonrasında... Vay be ! Yazar kurgu gerçekten çok iyi oturtmuş. Hemen üçüncü kitaba geçiyorum !!
4.5/5
Kate
Feb 11, 2012 Kate rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-own, wbc-12
There are so many five star ratings here on GR that it makes me feel like I must have read a different book. I was iffy on Across the Universe, but this one I really just didn't like at all. For me it was too unbelievable and the characters were crazy annoying. Also, there's just no chemistry between Amy and Elder... it's just weird.
  • Spark (Sky Chasers, #2)
  • Fever (The Chemical Garden, #2)
  • Invisible Sun (Hell's Cross, #2)
  • Truth (XVI, #2)
  • Prized (Birthmarked, #2)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
  • Asunder (Newsoul, #2)
  • Outpost (Razorland, #2)
  • Black Heart (Curse Workers, #3)
  • Because It Is My Blood (Birthright, #2)
  • Timepiece (Hourglass, #2)
  • Origin (Corpus, #1)
  • For Darkness Shows the Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #1)
  • Beta (Annex, #1)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • The Lost Girl
  • The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3)
  • Fragments (Partials Sequence, #2)
Beth Revis writes books. She also eats too much chocolate, wishes she could travel more, and prefers puppies to people. Beth lives in rural NC with her boys: one husband, one son, two very large puppies.
More about Beth Revis...

Across the Universe (3 books)
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
  • Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3)

“Well, sometimes home is a person.” 268 likes