Start by marking “The Pride of Hannah Wade” as Want to Read:
The Pride of Hannah Wade

The Pride of Hannah Wade

In the harsh New Mexico Territory, Hannah Wade was captured and enslaved by avenging Apaches. Only her steel-edged will to live kept her alive.

Finally rescued, she returned to a husband who shunned her touch, and to white women friends who found her stained and disgraced. But Hannah fought for her honor with the help of one man who valued her strength and spirit...one man
Published February 1st 2011 by Pocket Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Pride of Hannah Wade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pride of Hannah Wade

seton
Jul 06, 2009 seton rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was marketed as a Romance when it was first published in 1985 but it is actually a gritty, dour Woman's Fiction about Hannah's will to survive.

Hannah is an officer's wife who is abducted by Apache Indians. The book follows Hannah's several months in captivity in sad detail while her husband enjoys having an affair with a servant instead of looking for her. When she is rescued, she, of course, faces prejudice for having wanted to live, even as a dirty "squaw" rather than embracing death bef
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 04, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
O Orgulho de Hannah.
Janet Dailey.
4.° edição.
1987

Fico impressionada que Hannah tenha sobrevivido a tudo que passou: seqüestro, escravidão, fome, frio e abuso sexual. E quando é resgatada, pensa que o sofrimento acabou e que as pessoas ficariam orgulhosas de sua coragem e capacidade de sobreviver.

Depois de tudo, ela achou que seria acarinhada e recebida de braços aberto pelo marido e amigos.

Doce engano, não, não...

O marido, um bastado egoísta, a repudiou miseravelmente. E os vizinhos e amigos, ta
Carmelina
Oct 16, 2013 Carmelina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: westerns
Hannah is captured by indians and is enslaved by them for close to a year. When she is freed you would think that her ordeal is behind her and she can begin the healing process.

However, society cannot understand how this woman can hold her head up with pride after she has been soiled by the indians and why she didn't kill herself. Instead of sympathy, kindness, a shoulder to lean on, someone to talk to she is shunned by the other women and becomes a subject of malicious gossip.
Sandy Carmichael
Good read about the old west, white woman captured by Apaches, her survival and then return to "white Culture" which rejects her. She manages to stand tall and tells them all to go to hell, more or less.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Well-written but depressing. This should not be considered a romance. I thought it was, but boy was I wrong.
Connie Becerra
Jul 21, 2011 Connie Becerra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Since I don't have a book to read currently, I am back to one of my old favorites. I read it first back in 1990 and I still love reading it.
John
Dec 02, 2012 John rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I only gave this book 2 stars 5 years ago when I read it but I still remember it so it may have been better than I thought at the time.????
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Holly
Holly rated it liked it
Mar 02, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2016
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2008
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
Nov 08, 2009
Cathy Davidson
Cathy Davidson rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Georgiana
Georgiana rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2015
Peggy
Peggy rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2013
Nora James
Nora James rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2013
Tessa
Tessa rated it it was ok
May 11, 2015
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2015
Hollie
Hollie rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Carole
Carole rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Jentile
Jentile rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2009
Stormie
Stormie rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Dee
Dee rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2011
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2015
Diana Stout
Diana Stout rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2016
Sirichana Ez
Sirichana Ez rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2012
Becky Raymond
Becky Raymond rated it liked it
Sep 11, 2014
Mitali
Mitali rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2012
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2015
Margarita Mitreva
Margarita Mitreva rated it it was ok
May 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Bitterleaf
  • My Love, My Enemy
  • Class Reunion
  • Golden Fancy
  • The Proud Breed
  • Beneath A Midnight Moon
  • The Ex-Girlfriends' Club (Harlequin Blaze #322)
  • Dangerous To Love
  • The Fire and the Gold
  • Lillian
  • Dark Pursuit (Menggapai Cinta)
  • Troll-magic
  • Surrender to a Stranger
  • The Journey Begins
  • Stairs of Sand
  • In the Keep of Time
  • Passion and Pleasure in London (Charmed and Dangerous, #3)
  • Too Much Too Soon
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...