Start by marking “The Pride of Hannah Wade” as Want to Read:
The Pride of Hannah Wade

The Pride of Hannah Wade

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  12 reviews
A Simon & Schuster eBook. Simon & Schuster has a great book for every reader.
Published February 1st 2011 by Pocket Books (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about The Pride of Hannah Wade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pride of Hannah Wade

seton
This was marketed as a Romance when it was first published in 1985 but it is actually a gritty, dour Woman's Fiction about Hannah's will to survive.

Hannah is an officer's wife who is abducted by Apache Indians. The book follows Hannah's several months in captivity in sad detail while her husband enjoys having an affair with a servant instead of looking for her. When she is rescued, she, of course, faces prejudice for having wanted to live, even as a dirty "squaw" rather than embracing death bef
Adriana Fogaça
O Orgulho de Hannah.
Janet Dailey.
4.° edição.
1987

Fico impressionada que Hannah tenha sobrevivido a tudo que passou: seqüestro, escravidão, fome, frio e abuso sexual. E quando é resgatada, pensa que o sofrimento acabou e que as pessoas ficariam orgulhosas de sua coragem e capacidade de sobreviver.

Depois de tudo, ela achou que seria acarinhada e recebida de braços aberto pelo marido e amigos.

Doce engano, não, não...

O marido, um bastado egoísta, a repudiou miseravelmente. E os vizinhos e amigos, ta
Sandy Carmichael
Good read about the old west, white woman captured by Apaches, her survival and then return to "white Culture" which rejects her. She manages to stand tall and tells them all to go to hell, more or less.
Kim
Not a romance novel, this book is about her struggle to live as a captive.
Julie
really enjoyed this book
Carmelina
Hannah is captured by indians and is enslaved by them for close to a year. When she is freed you would think that her ordeal is behind her and she can begin the healing process.

However, society cannot understand how this woman can hold her head up with pride after she has been soiled by the indians and why she didn't kill herself. Instead of sympathy, kindness, a shoulder to lean on, someone to talk to she is shunned by the other women and becomes a subject of malicious gossip.
Connie Becerra
Jul 21, 2011 Connie Becerra rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Since I don't have a book to read currently, I am back to one of my old favorites. I read it first back in 1990 and I still love reading it.
John
I only gave this book 2 stars 5 years ago when I read it but I still remember it so it may have been better than I thought at the time.????
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Well-written but depressing. This should not be considered a romance. I thought it was, but boy was I wrong.
Nik Morton
Good story, strong female character, slightly marred by switch of POV in mid-scenes.
Catherine V.
thoroughly enjoyed the calvary & apache western history
MaryJane
MaryJane marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Kailyn
Kailyn marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
John Rey
John Rey marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Jenni
Jenni added it
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
  • Rainsong
  • Royal Seduction (Royal, #1)
  • Pirate
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Lovers Forever
  • Dream Lover
  • The Tiger's Woman
  • White fire
  • The Stone Maiden (Celtic Nights, #1)
  • Pride of Lions
  • Twice Loved
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)