Start by marking “Capital Crimes (Will Lee, #6)” as Want to Read:
Capital Crimes (Will Lee, #6)

Capital Crimes (Will Lee #6)

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  1,971 ratings  ·  73 reviews
Someone is out to kill the nation's high-level politicos in this electrifying new thriller in the bestselling Will Lee series.

Will Lee, the courageous and uncompromising senator from Georgia, is back -- now as President of the United States, in this fifth book of the New York Times bestselling series. When a prominent conservative politician is killed inside his lakeside
Published October 13th 2003 by Putnam Adult (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Capital Crimes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Capital Crimes

Debby
If I wrote "spoiler" reviews, this review would be on fire! No kindding! I HATED the "surprise" ending of this book that much!

From the narration of the book jacket, I heard the book had a fantastic "surprise" ending, so I'm really excited to read this book. From the very beginning, the book is riveting, great story, very suspenseful, great characters. It gets to a high point in the story, the "bad guy" appears to get away again and I think, "What's going to happen next?. Ohhh this is going to b
Ann
This is the fifth in the series about Will Lee' who becomes president of the US and his wife Kate who becomes director of the CIA. They're interesting characters but it is the supporting cast who steal the show. The politicians, intelligence people, media stars, reporters and other hangers-on in Washington. If you like political intrigue, this series is for you. You might especially like "The Run" which relates Will's presidential campaign.

"Capital Crimes" is somewhat different. It's about polit
Barbara Lemere
Over the last couple of weeks I have read several of Stuart Woods books and I really enjoyed them, particularly this one, which got the story moving right out of the gate and kept the pace up until the end. The story involves a serial killer who is taking out members of the politcal high ranks because he has a different opinion of their political leanings. I liked it a lot and I give it two thumbs up for a good enjoyable read!

I had not read any of his books prior to this year so I am glad to ad
Jerry
You have to give Woods credit for now juggling three series!

Just when we were getting a little tired of playboy detective Stone Barrington, and while we enjoy Woods' fairly new Holly Barker series, along comes the latest entry in the Will Lee series. Will is now U.S. President, but truthfully his role is little more than "keep me informed" in this new political thriller. The plot gets going fast as a right-wing senator, and then in short order, a rightist talk show host, are apparently assassin
Tony
Stuart Woods- Capital Crimes (Signet 2004) 3.75 Stars

A killer with a political agenda is on the loose. He has already killed a conservative politician and is moving on to other targets. Now Kate must hunt down this killer and locate his targets before he completes the mission he has set out for himself. The killer thinks his objective is worth dying for and he intends to use all of his skills, which seem to be endless, to at least kill his main target. Can Kate figure out this man’s plan before
Kismet
Someone with highly technical and specialized skills is systematically murdering high-profile conservatives. It's up to the deputy director of the FBI to figure out who it is and how to stop him before he eliminates everyone on his hit list.

This is a book I picked up at a drug store one day and quickly set aside because the writing was spotty. Much of the dialogue was stilted and reminded me more of an exchange on "Dragnet" than the way people actually speak to one another. There were a few spo
Ed
Apr 04, 2009 Ed rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mystery, Thriller Fans
I used to be a big Stuart Woods fan but it seems that he never deviates from his formula. This offering is no different.

I picked it up because I needed a book that would fit in the back pocket of my jeans as I did a bunch of errands. In truth, the story did grab me somewhat and I finished it quickly.

The plot is a simple one, a left wing leaning sniper is killing right wing leaning people using a number of different methods. He is obviously a skilled assassin since he leaves absolutely no clues.
Paul
Strictly throw-away crime thriller for that next long haul flight. Just don't think too hard. The author challenges your suspension of disbelief with some major clangers concerning everything from government protocol (I really don't think the US president spends so much time calling to pass messages from one agency to another), to geography (Sealand makes an appearance, but in the book the its an actual island not a man-made WWII fort), and FBI procedure (towards the end of the book the author c ...more
Philip Cook
I am greatly enjoying the Will and Kate Lee series by Stuart Woods. I wasn't that impressed with teh Holly Barker series so I have only read the Stone Barrington series, but I am very glad I decided to take a shot at this series. This book (just like the last one I read) has a number of characters who have popped up in other Woods novels, such as Teddy Fay the retired CIA officer, and Carpenter the bad *ss Brit who has been in a few of the Stone Barrington stories. Overall the book was very well ...more
Lizzy Cowles
I like Stuart Woods style of writing and speed of the story. The ending of this book I found dubious, at best, and disappointing. It is a good story but the ending was not satisfactory at all. I will read another of his but I doubt if this was his bestl
Irl Newham
Somewhat sounds similar to a Clancy plot but still Woods best character.
Mike Calhoon
Will Lee#6: Teddy Fay starts killing
Mick
An old right leaning politician is shot by a left leaning sniper and the killer is finding clever ways to also seek revenge on others. Will Lee is the current president and his wife is Kate Rule Lee the director of the CIA. Together they have a difficult time tracking a man who never leaves clues. Well, until he does, and you know he would.

The ending is disappointing. I thought there might be a quick escape in the ending, but I was wrong, end of story.
Kristin
Not the best Stuart Woods book I've read, but it kept my attention--which isn't always easy these days. The ending is definitely setting you up for the next book in the series.
Will
Teddy Fay's right-wing murder spree. Teddy Fay is on a roll, taking out far right wing politicos, air personalities and judges in a bewildering slurry of assassination types and disguised aliases. Kate reluctantly agrees to pardon Ed Rawls in exchange for Teddy Fay, but the feds are too late at each interval. Teddy fakes his death at the end to thwart the federal tail that included a couple of F-18s on his Cessna 182RG.
David Erickson
Dec 11, 2010 David Erickson rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Almsot too many characters to keep track of, but the primary characters and the plot are believable.
Easy read, smooth flow, nice story arc. Not an 'edge of the seat' read, but entertaining. Good book if you only have brief periods to read.

Thought the ending could have had a bit more drama, but a solid conclusion with a tiny opening for a sequel by bringing the bad guy back.
Patty
I have always enjoyed a Stuart Woods novel. His writing style & subjects make for a book that I can't put down. He forces me to practice true discipline & only read a few chapters a day. One thing I learned from this novel is that Woods & I are on the opposite sides of the political fence if his characters reflect his political bent.
Evelyn
Liberal Georgia Senator Will Lee, now President of the U.S., finds his job in jeopardy when a professional killer begins eliminating vocal conservatives--all of whom were the president's outspoken critics.

Fifth in author's Will Lee series, but can stand alone. Not his best, but fans will enjoy it. Recommended.
Ralph McEwen
Another solid work by Mr. Woods. Plenty of action and intrigue combined with a crisp writing style made this book a enjoyable and quick read. Having read this series from the beginning I would say that it made it even better knowing the plot and characters and would suggest other readers to do so also.
Glenda L
Stuart Woods has done it again ... he writes three series and makes them all entertaining. I do think the Will Lee books are better than Stone Barrington ... I'm getting a little tired of him. This one is a good read ... a political mystery is just the thing on a boring evening.
Cindi
Political/crime mystery. Easy to follow; easy to read. Could have used a little more "oomph" - more twists or action or insight into the characters' motivations. It was refreshing, though, to read a book where the good guys were good guys and the bad guy was the bad guy.
Jake
I'm reading the books all out of order but, this is the third Teddy Fay novel in the third series by Stuart Woods. The other 2 are Stone Barrington and Holly Barker. I really like how Woods intertwines all his series and yet you can pick up any book and
Ginny
This is from the Will Lee series. Woods continues with his quick, short chapters and moves the story along. I prefer the Will Lee stories to the Stone Barrington series. Although I don't know how many more people can have connections to Delano Georgia.
Bonni Rubinstein
It was ok. This was my 1st book of his. I've watched the Stone Barrington movies so most likely will not read that series as I am sure they will not compare to the liberties the movie producers/directors took. Will try the Holly Baker series at some point.
Mallorychas
It was an ok book, but below the standards of woods. Sometime he combines to many story lines and not enough of the basic storyline.
Mhd
Very, very good. Fast moving, more crime solving than politics this time. Nice characters. Only problem is that it really isn't a stand-alone mystery; the main thing it does is move along the series, but it does it so well.
Gina Jones
A very entertaining edge of your seat political .. suspense? I enjoyed the book very much. Woods does well with spooks and I'm sad that I only have one other book by him atm. Definetly will be looking for more very soon.
John
Hardcopy
Slow slow plot

When a prominent conservative politician is killed inside his lakeside cabin, authorities have no suspect in sight. And two more seemingly different deaths might be linked to the...more
Jim
Mar 15, 2013 Jim rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Jim by: Previous novels
I think that this author has written quite a few good and very good novels. I'm still reading them and have quite a few more to read. I hope that they keep coming and if they do, I'll continue reading them.
  • Ties That Bind (Amanda Jaffe, #3)
  • Executive Intent (Patrick McLanahan, #16)
  • Twice a Spy
  • Trust Fund
  • Fallen Idols
  • The Early Spenser (Spenser, #1-3)
  • The Judas Gate (Sean Dillon, #18)
  • The Dead Man (Jack Davis Mystery, #2).
  • Under the Beetle's Cellar
  • The Janson Option (Paul Janson, #3)
  • Valley Of The Templars (Templar, #7)
  • Cold Choices (Jerry Mitchell, #2)
  • Murder at The Washington Tribune (Capital Crimes, #21)
  • Missing Persons (Alan Gregory, #13)
  • The Tau Ceti Agenda
  • Moment of Truth (Rosato & Associates, #5)
  • Under the Color of Law (Kevin Kerney, #6)
Stuart Woods is the author the New York Times-bestselling Stone Barrington series and Holly Barker series. He is an avid private pilot, flying his own jet on book tours. You may see his tour schedule and learn more about the author on his website.

More about Stuart Woods...

Will Lee (7 books)
  • Chiefs (Will Lee, #1)
  • Run Before the Wind (Will Lee, #2)
  • Deep Lie (Will Lee, #3)
  • Grass Roots (Will Lee, #4)
  • The Run (Will Lee, #5)
  • Mounting Fears (Will Lee, #7)
New York Dead (Stone Barrington, #1) Blood Orchid (Holly Barker #3) Orchid Beach (Holly Barker, #1) L.A. Dead (Stone Barrington, #6) Lucid Intervals (Stone Barrington, #18)