Start by marking “New X-Men by Grant Morrison Book 4” as Want to Read:
New X-Men by Grant Morrison Book 4

New X-Men by Grant Morrison Book 4 (X-Men II #26)

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,713 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
His name is Charles Xavier - and he is a mutant. For years, Professor X was widely regarded as an authority on genetic mutation, as well as an advocate of peaceful relations between man and mutant. The general public was unaware he possessed superhuman abilities until the psionically empowered psychopath Cassandra Nova - his twin sister - addressed the global media while i ...more
Published August 24th 2011 by Marvel Comics (first published December 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about New X-Men by Grant Morrison Book 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about New X-Men by Grant Morrison Book 4

Miguel
Jun 13, 2016 Miguel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
YES! I liked it a lot! This was the first volume of the serie you didn't need to know anything about x-men history! So for me its something amazing! Its a complete and unique story.
The only thing i didn't like is the cover with jean grey... (has nothing to do with the plot).
Really really exciting to read vol 5!!

Fav characters: Xorn and Emma Frost!!!!
Travis
Jul 10, 2011 Travis rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-books
A bunch of snotty students decide to overthrow the teachers, while an almost equally snotty group of students try to learn to work together and the heroes, the actual X-men are pretty ineffectual and too mired in their own personal problems to feel much like heroes.

A huge new cast has been introduced and 90% of them are teenagers, written by someone who thinks all teenagers are jerks, but speak in really clever bits of dialogue.

and to hurt the story further, we finally find what Scott and Emma h
Mersini
I'm really enjoying this series. It keeps doing some interesting things. This time, it has one student who challenges Charles Xavier's doctrine, and poses the question "what if Magneto was right?"

So sure, it might not be the most original story that anyone has ever concocted for the X-Men universe, especially considering that Magneto keeps coming back, but when it takes a bunch of kids who start to branch out by themselves, and who don't consider Xavier's School for the Gifted and Talented as t
catechism
Jul 24, 2015 catechism rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
Meh. I did not care about the Omega Gang or whatever; they were boring drugged-out teenagers and there was nothing fresh about that plot. Except perhaps the part where Charles was like YOUR CLOTHES ARE TOO PROVOCATIVE and the kids were like I'LL WEAR WHAT I WANT which is a totally normal teenage thing until you realize these provocative outfits are... sweater vests. Trousers, oxfords, and sweater vests. Be still my geriatric heart.

[Okay, okay, yes, the outfits are supposed to evoke skinheads. I
M
Aug 03, 2011 M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Civil unrest is brewing amongst the Xavier Institute student body. Led by Omega-level mutant - and social hothead - Quentin Quire, a gang of students puts their displeasure into action. The aptly titled riot is actually fairly short, showcasing when the X-Men are the teachers and the kids still need discipline. New addition Xorn begins to make the rounds, and the wheels start turning towards something bigger.
Xavier
Sep 20, 2013 Xavier rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
quentin quire is annoying as fuck
Leila Anani
Graphic novel collecting together New X-Men #127-33. This is my least favourite of the new X-Men graphics to date.

The first story - of living and dying is a tragic one shot, having Professor X on the trail of a boy who has mutated into a huge monstrous form and is causing terror in the local area. It brings in Xorn - the mutant with the brain of a sun to help.

Next we have the introduction of Fantomex - he's like a mutant version of Daiabolik and we learn a later subject in the weapons X experime
Feather Mista
Nov 12, 2010 Feather Mista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de los comics en general, de los mutantes de Marvel y de Morrison inspiradísimo.
Recommended to Feather by: Su autor...
Quizás una de mis sagas favoritas de toda la etapa de Morrison, ya que es una de las historias que mejor explora la situación de los mutantes en un contexto realista. Absolutamente imperdibles las discusiones político-filosóficas de Xavier con el rebelde Quentin Quire.
La tengo en la edición de Conosur (segunda mitad del #19) y su continuación directa en la de Panini Argentina (#20). Fue reeditada en tomo de tapas duras por Panini España, quizás después busque la edición para subirla.
En esta ocas
Tomás
Jan 20, 2016 Tomás rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
El mejor tomo que leí hasta ahora de los x men de Morrison, en el que somos participes de una revuelta en la escuela mutante a cargo de un adolescente con muchos delirios de grandeza y simpatías con Magneto (ese detalle de la droga "coz" que inhalan varios mutantes para volarse la cabeza es muy buena como para que no guste).

Se pudre todo entre Scott Summer y Jean Grey, y te la dejan picando.

Varios números dibujados por Frank Quitely.

Excelente.
Adam Fisher
This Volume took a slight step back for me. (Spoilers) Quentin Quire, a nerdy controlling telepath, creates a gang and starts a riot at the mansion going against Xavier's teaching of non-violence. Ultimately, they are put down, but the loss of some humans and one of the Stepford Cuckoos resulted.
Probably the biggest downfall to this Volume for me was the continuing affair between Cyclops and Emma. Having read past this, I know they end up together, but how can you cheat on Jean? I just wish that
Jen
Mar 28, 2016 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Things are progressing right along. I have actually read the series after this one already, so some things from that I can see being set up; that closes some gaps for me. If I we're reading in the correct order I would wonder what was the point of some of this. Actually... A lot of this particular volume. It took many pages to tell a simple story.
Roman Colombo
Dec 29, 2015 Roman Colombo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Great seeing something happening at the school--an internal story. It's kind of like "what happens at a normal high school...now what would that normal thing be like if there were powers involved?" And the answer is: disastrous. While this is so far the shortest of the trades, I feel like it was a bit longer than it needed to be. Could have been 4 issues.
Christopher Mclean
This is probably my favourite story in the series so far. They made good use of the character building in the previous volume to finally deliver believable and reasonable motivations behind the characters actions, on both sides of the conflict.
There just felt like there was more depth all around, the villains had a understandable stance rather than just being evil, new character's played an influential role and their were real consequence to characters actions.
Hopefully this new depth will conti
Mairi
Mar 13, 2015 Mairi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This volume was less to my taste. The Omega gang were too annoyingly written, and the X-Men were too ineffective/uncaring, until after things got serious, and then they were just as effective as usual. The story arc was too predictable, complete with "drugs are bad" messaging.
Tiamatty
Aug 17, 2014 Tiamatty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, x-men
By this point, Grant Morrison had already made mutants a full culture, and he continued to explore a bit of that here. But mostly, he showed some teenage rebellion taken to an extreme. And it's awesome. Quentin Quire was crazy and edgy and great, and the gang he put together was made up of losers but was still cool. We also saw a bit of the Special Class - misfit mutants. They're really interesting. The writing is excellent. The art is arguably more of an acquired taste, but I think it's pretty ...more
Shane Perry
May 08, 2015 Shane Perry rated it really liked it
In many ways, this feels like the start of "Season 2" of Morrison's run on X-men. This volume introduces one of my favorite X-men in the form of Fantomex. The over-arching story takes some interesting turns as a new threat in Weapon Plus begins to take form.
Derek
Kid Omega and his band of bad haircuts. Wow! This volume is so beautifully, subtly written it shook my own preconceptions about pacifism and non-agression. So much so that even Professor has to admit his ideals are in error and he deems it right to resign as Headmaster at the end of the semester. Ha!
Quintin Quire, genius that he is, was right even at the very end, what if it isn't a superior mutant race, or the human race that's the threat to mutantkind, what if the real enemy is inside them? W
Cristhian
Jun 08, 2015 Cristhian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
De todos los arcos de Morrison en New X-Men este es mi favorito.
La sola batalla de Xavier vs kid Omega merece 10 estrellas. Quitely en su mejor nivel durante su época Marvel.
Lloyd
Morrison puts this fantastic series back on the upswing after a third volume that left just a LITTLE to be desired.

Revolution, humor, and that Grant Morrison brand of intrigue make this book a great one.

When a group of students at Xavier's school start abusing a mutant drug called "Kick" and raising a little hell, the school is all but left in ruins. Throw in a love triangle and the enigma of Xorn and you've got a recipe that makes "Riot at Xavier's" a worthy and exciting read.

You've also got F
Yuri Dratxenko
Feb 01, 2015 Yuri Dratxenko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
A Clockwork Orange. Brutal. Me ha encantado este arco argumental con los dos grupos de estudiantes. Los nobles y los drugos.
jasmine
May 14, 2015 jasmine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, comics
Lorna Dane naked and crying, crying out for her daddy Magneto is one of the saddest shit I've ever read. #Dadneto.
Dale Platt
Jun 17, 2016 Dale Platt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brimming with all of the quirky (and current) feel of Morrison's run, particularly of the time at which it was published!

Captures pop culture and the idea of youth in revolt so vividly.
Christian Smith
This volume has left us in a good place where the story can branch off into great directions.............but the story for this volume was kinda boring.
Todd
May 09, 2014 Todd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. quietly returns and I hate him.

The writing and story is good. Just the art I hate.
anthony e.
Jun 14, 2009 anthony e. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Explores the negative affects of rebellion on Xavier's vision with a strange, Clockwork Orange-style riff. Effective storyteling, and an interesting premise make this probably one of the better aspects of Morrison's run thus far.

What's interesting about his x-run is how neatly packaged the whole thing is. It is methodical, and pain-staking in its approach and execution. Characters are introduced and retreat into the background, remeerging periodically to service the immediate story, but in a way
Twinkle
Jul 20, 2016 Twinkle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
EMMASCOTTTTTTTTT YEASSSS. I LOVE EMMA. I DARE YOU TO TELL ME OTHERWISE
Christine
May 11, 2016 Christine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016
Better than the previous volume, but not my favorite.
Dave Shapiro
Jun 04, 2012 Dave Shapiro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
this is the best storyline of grant morrison's run. it's a real test of character for professor x, who must remain professional in the face of a student who's basically a young magneto. there's a few missteps here and there, mostly having to do with the artwork in the non-quitely issues (though i thought the resolution of the storyline took a lot away from quentin's character). all in all, though, this is a well-plotted, well-paced, character-driven story.
Dodol Surodol
Dec 13, 2012 Dodol Surodol rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not a fan of Quitely's art, but the story is good. Xorn -- before the revelation in later books -- and his special class students are nicely characterized, the exchanges between them sounding real and natural.

The resolution felt somewhat too easy for me, although I liked how the feelings between Sophie Cuckoo and Quire played a significant part in ending the riot.
Elizabeth
This is what happens when tens grow up with genius intellects and superpowers. They get shirty. Plus also, Cyclops and Emma Frost start getting it on psychically, which considering Jean Grey's on the edge of going Phoenix is playing with fire - literally. Awesome story. And it made Xavier cry. Good.
  • House of M: Mutopia X (District-X: House of M)
  • Decimation: Generation M
  • Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire
  • Essential X-Men, Vol. 3
  • Uncanny X-Men By Kieron Gillen, Volume 2
  • Exiles, Volume 1: Down the Rabbit Hole
  • Uncanny X-Force: The Dark Angel Saga, Book 2 (Uncanny X-Force, #3)
  • X-Men: Fatal Attractions
  • Wolverine and the X-Men, Vol. 2
Scottish comic book author Grant Morrison is known for culture-jamming and the constant reinvention of his work. He is known for his nonlinear narratives and countercultural leanings in his runs on titles including DC Comics' Animal Man, Batman, JLA, The Invisibles, Action Comics, All-Star Superman, and Doom Patrol, and Marvel Comics' New X-Men and Fantastic Four. Many of these are controversial, ...more
More about Grant Morrison...

X-Men II (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • X-Men: Mutant Genesis