Start by marking “Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides: Listening to God” as Want to Read:
Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides: Listening to God

Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides: Listening to God

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  9 reviews
TALKING TO GOD IS EASY. IT'S THE LISTENING THAT'S THE HARD PART. Although most of us can talk with ease to our best friend, many of us aren't so good at keeping quiet and hearing what our friend has to say. So it is with God. For true communication with Him, we must learn to listen through understanding His Word. Dr. Charles Stanley's Listening to God, part of the Life Pri ...more
Published July 29th 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides

Keiki Hendrix
If you are seeking a deeper walk with God, being able to distinguish God’s voice amidst in all others voices clamoring for your attention is essential.

If you are a Bible Study Leader, Sunday School Teacher, Small Group Leader, or if you want to engage in a personal, individual study that gives clear, concise teaching on this topic, Charles Stanleys’ Listening to God: Life Principles Study Series is an excellent choice.

This is a 10 session study that begins with a instruction on preparing to hear
Kyle
As the author states, "Listening To God is the most important thing you can do for your eternal future."

This book is a practical 10-lesson guide suitable for personal or small group study. It includes a short introduction about "Preparing to Hear from God", open-ended discussion questions throughout the text, some scriptural references, and some uplifting thoughts based on the author's experience.

The book is of limited value if you reading it cover-to-cover in one sitting and are not willing to
Lillie
How does God speak to His followers? Most of us do not hear an audible voice, but if we listen, we can still hear His voice. Charles Stanley says, "There are three main ways God speaks to us today: through His Word, through His Holy Spirit, and through other believers in Christ Jesus. The person who desires to hear from God and wants to put himself into the best position to hear from God will pursue His message through these three methods." The book is a 10-lesson study covering the following to ...more
Vaughn
This is a 10 part study that begins with a instruction on preparing to hear God, establishing how God speaks, and a why God wants to be heard (Lessons 1-5) and moves on to some of the more challenging aspects of listening to God such as ways God's gets our attention, distinguishing between the voice of God and the voice of the enemy, and instruction for continuing in purposeful attention to God. Generally, it was a well-written book, suitable for most readers.

One of the more disappointing attri
Natalie
I hosted a study on this book with a small group of ladies, and it was quite excellent. If you are the type to look for a practical approach to how to do what god wants, you will love this book. It is methodical, and very practical, leaving room for individuals to be individual in thier walk with God and yet does not hold back on some of the tough spots that we would rather not hear. An excellent read for a group, or individual, I highly recommend it.
Virginia
I read this book over several weeks as a guide to my morning devotionals. I found Dr. Stanley's style very conversational and easy to read. In many cases the material presented wasn't new to me but served as a reminder of Biblical basics I need to remember. I particularly liked the last part, where he outlines the steps in meditating with God.
Brent Soderstrum
I enjoy Charles Stanely's study books. This one was especially helpful since I have always had difficulty listening to God and hearing His voice. Stanely goes through things to do to be an "active" listener. Anything to enhance your relationship with God is a good thing and this book does that.
Luckngrace
A wonderfully succinct guide to recognizing when God is speaking to us and how to listen. Dr. Stanley explains all the ways God can speak to His people and warns of the two ways He does not communicate. At 128 pages, it holds the readers attention and contains much helpful information.
Sandra
This was a really insightful and helpful book. Pastor Stanley is a great teacher and gets to the heart of the matter in clear language without being overly theological and theoretical.

I will definitely come to this book again.
Vivien Lee
Vivien Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Bob Snyder
Bob Snyder marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Terrica
Terrica marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Tammy Murrock
Tammy Murrock marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Roschelle
Roschelle marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Marie Buccellato
Marie Buccellato marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Lisad
Lisad marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Kevin Inman
Kevin Inman marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
KC
KC marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Eden
Eden marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
DEW
DEW marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
  • Powerful Prayers for Troubled Times
  • My Heart's Cry
  • The Secret of Happiness
  • The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
  • Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk
  • Being the Person God Made You to Be
  • Pure Pleasure: Why Do Christians Feel So Bad about Feeling Good?
  • Craving God A 21-day Devotional Challenge to Accompany Made To Crave
  • Calling Home
  • The Living Bible
  • Ten Commandments of Working in a Hostile Environment
  • 50 Days of Heaven: Reflections That Bring Eternity to Light
  • First Things First: The Rules of Being a Warner
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...
How to Listen to God The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life When the Enemy Strikes: The Keys to Winning Your Spiritual Battles The Blessings of Brokenness: Why God Allows Us to Go Through Hard Times Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living