Start by marking “Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides: Listening to God” as Want to Read:
Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides: Listening to God

Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides: Listening to God

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  129 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
TALKING TO GOD IS EASY. IT'S THE LISTENING THAT'S THE HARD PART. Although most of us can talk with ease to our best friend, many of us aren't so good at keeping quiet and hearing what our friend has to say. So it is with God. For true communication with Him, we must learn to listen through understanding His Word. Dr. Charles Stanley's Listening to God, part of the Life Pri ...more
Published July 29th 2009 by Thomas Nelson Publishers (first published January 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Charles Stanley Life Principles Study Guides

Keiki Hendrix
Oct 22, 2010 Keiki Hendrix rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-studies
If you are seeking a deeper walk with God, being able to distinguish God’s voice amidst in all others voices clamoring for your attention is essential.

If you are a Bible Study Leader, Sunday School Teacher, Small Group Leader, or if you want to engage in a personal, individual study that gives clear, concise teaching on this topic, Charles Stanleys’ Listening to God: Life Principles Study Series is an excellent choice.

This is a 10 session study that begins with a instruction on preparing to hear
Kyle
Sep 06, 2012 Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the author states, "Listening To God is the most important thing you can do for your eternal future."

This book is a practical 10-lesson guide suitable for personal or small group study. It includes a short introduction about "Preparing to Hear from God", open-ended discussion questions throughout the text, some scriptural references, and some uplifting thoughts based on the author's experience.

The book is of limited value if you reading it cover-to-cover in one sitting and are not willing to
Lillie
How does God speak to His followers? Most of us do not hear an audible voice, but if we listen, we can still hear His voice. Charles Stanley says, "There are three main ways God speaks to us today: through His Word, through His Holy Spirit, and through other believers in Christ Jesus. The person who desires to hear from God and wants to put himself into the best position to hear from God will pursue His message through these three methods." The book is a 10-lesson study covering the following to ...more
Vaughn
Oct 31, 2010 Vaughn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a 10 part study that begins with a instruction on preparing to hear God, establishing how God speaks, and a why God wants to be heard (Lessons 1-5) and moves on to some of the more challenging aspects of listening to God such as ways God's gets our attention, distinguishing between the voice of God and the voice of the enemy, and instruction for continuing in purposeful attention to God. Generally, it was a well-written book, suitable for most readers.

One of the more disappointing attri
Natalie
Apr 03, 2009 Natalie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hosted a study on this book with a small group of ladies, and it was quite excellent. If you are the type to look for a practical approach to how to do what god wants, you will love this book. It is methodical, and very practical, leaving room for individuals to be individual in thier walk with God and yet does not hold back on some of the tough spots that we would rather not hear. An excellent read for a group, or individual, I highly recommend it.
Virginia
I read this book over several weeks as a guide to my morning devotionals. I found Dr. Stanley's style very conversational and easy to read. In many cases the material presented wasn't new to me but served as a reminder of Biblical basics I need to remember. I particularly liked the last part, where he outlines the steps in meditating with God.
Brent Soderstrum
I enjoy Charles Stanely's study books. This one was especially helpful since I have always had difficulty listening to God and hearing His voice. Stanely goes through things to do to be an "active" listener. Anything to enhance your relationship with God is a good thing and this book does that.
Luckngrace
A wonderfully succinct guide to recognizing when God is speaking to us and how to listen. Dr. Stanley explains all the ways God can speak to His people and warns of the two ways He does not communicate. At 128 pages, it holds the readers attention and contains much helpful information.
Sandra
Mar 06, 2012 Sandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really insightful and helpful book. Pastor Stanley is a great teacher and gets to the heart of the matter in clear language without being overly theological and theoretical.

I will definitely come to this book again.
Bob Woods
Bob Woods marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
June
June marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Zared Martorana
Zared Martorana marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Donna Burris
Donna Burris marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Mark Saint
Mark Saint marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Kiera Renee Kirchner
Kiera Renee Kirchner rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Pastor'S Wife
Pastor'S Wife is currently reading it
May 11, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Lucinda
Lucinda marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
April Vaughan
April Vaughan marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Raiza
Raiza added it
Apr 15, 2016
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Phyllis A Kennedy
Phyllis A Kennedy rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2016
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Tina Selig
Tina Selig marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Greg
Greg rated it it was ok
Apr 02, 2016
Kelli Fadanelli
Kelli Fadanelli marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Eril
Eril marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
  • Jesus the Evangelist: Learning to Share the Gospel from the Book of John
  • Life Overflowing, 6-in-1: 6 Pillars for Abundant Living
  • 50 Days of Heaven: Reflections That Bring Eternity to Light
  • Craving God A 21-day Devotional Challenge to Accompany Made To Crave
  • Pure Pleasure: Why Do Christians Feel So Bad about Feeling Good?
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times best-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than nine million copies. He demonstrates a keen awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.

Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
More about Charles F. Stanley...