Start by marking “Secret Seahorse (Hide-And-Seek Books)” as Want to Read:
Secret Seahorse (Hide-And-Seek Books)

Secret Seahorse (Hide-And-Seek Books)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  15 reviews
This rhyming hide-and-seek adventure follows an elusive seahorse as he swims through different watery environments. Along the way he meets sea anemones, crabs, starfish, eels and a variety of fish. There are helpful notes throughout on each of the sea creatures.

Book Details: Format: Paperback Publication Date: 7/12/2007 Pages: 32 Reading Level: Age 4 and Up
Published July 12th 2007 by Barefoot Books (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Secret Seahorse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Seahorse

Vivian
Our "Starfish Stuff Story Time" began with this delightful look-and-find picture book featuring a sneaky seahorse on every page. The performer "spied with my little eye" a seahorse, asking "do you see the seahorse, too?" The children were quick to spy the seahorse. The performer said, "shhh, it's a SECRET seahorse" and then told them to "shhhh" whenever they spied the seahorse.

You can take as much or as little time as you wish on each page of the book, depending on whether or not you stop to co
Denise
The cloth-inspired illustrations and hide-and-seek "find the seahorse" activity made this book truly enjoyable. When reading the book, remember to go back and find the other sea creatures and share their descriptions.
Beverly
Wonderful felt and fabric illustrations with sequins and other objects. Great for story time, letting the children find the seahorse on each page.
Pauline
Pretty artwork but I think for the age intended should use bigger fonts
Stacey Mulholland
We love looking for the seahorse. Craftmanship is fantastic.
jacky
Natalie is taking her first visit to the aquarium soon, so I was anxious to find books about fish and this one was just sitting there waiting for us. She liked looking at the fish some, but wasn't ready to look for the seahorse. This would be great fun for an older toddler or preschooler. I really liked the variety in fish and sea creatures. I also liked how the artwork was all made out of fabrics and such. A sea turtle with sequins was a big bonus! What an awesome fabric book the original art m ...more
Marisela
My daughter loves ocean animals so I knew she would like this book when I saw its cover. I was not mistaken! The rhymes flow easily, but I wish the fonts were larger.
The artwork is really impressive, all the illustrations are made out of felt, fabrics, lace and similar materials and accented by buttons, pearls and decorative stitching. Beautiful and inspiring. It prompted me to make a felt ocean scene for my daugter to play, she calls it "her Sea World".
Lyla

This book is great for a few reasons. 1. The illustrations are created out of fabric, beads, etc and are exquisite. 2. It's fun for kids to find the seahorse on each page. 3. There's some great information for young kids about coral reefs and marine animals.
Christine Turner
A sea horse leads the reader past coral reefs and underwater creatures to a sea horse family hidden in a cave. Includes notes on coral reefs and various marine animals. www.hcpl.net
Serena
I loved the artwork in this book and the words are quite nice. Any book where you have to search for something is always a hit at my house, so the littles like it, too.
Melissa
My preschoolers loved looking for the hidden seahorse in each picture and were thrilled at the end to find the seahorse in a cave with his family!
Marisa
This is a fun book where you can look for the seahorse on every page. I really enjoyed the artwork in this book
TwoDrinks
One of the reasons I liked this was because the illustrations are done in fabric. Really cleverly as well.
Whitney
very innovative art work. for those of us who have limited skill with our ahnds, very impressive.
Dianna
Three stars for the text; five for the illustrations.
Jameson Brotz
Jameson Brotz marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Stacy
Stacy added it
Apr 05, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Amaal
Amaal added it
Feb 25, 2015
Mollie
Mollie marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Bear on a Bike My Granny Went to Market: A Round-The-World Counting Rhyme Bear about Town Octopus Opposites How Big Is a Pig?