Start by marking “Spirits in the Stars (Seekers, #6)” as Want to Read:
Spirits in the Stars (Seekers, #6)

Spirits in the Stars (Seekers #6)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  1,955 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
On the unforgiving Arctic Ice . . .

United once again, Toklo, Lusa, Kallik, and Ujurak continue across the ice. Conditions are harsh and especially treacherous for the black bear and grizzly bears who are not used to the brutal cold, never-ending snow, and limited food. But the bears are certain now that they're on the right course, and with the stars still guiding them, th
Published February 8th 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2010)

Sam Sam
Apr 25, 2014 Sam Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Claire
I haven't read this series since I was a lot younger. Back in the days where I enjoyed reading about talking animals going on adventures and acting like humans. Granted, Erin Hunter does a better job portraying it than most but still. For some bizarre reason, I got the sudden urge to read the next book in the Seekers Series, even though I hadn't touched them in years. Maybe I'm just a nostalgic person, but I decided to continue the series and see where the heck talking bears can go. Well, I read ...more
Me
Mar 08, 2014 Me rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW. All I can say is WOW. And "AWWWWWWWWW!" Cause it ended! The SEEKERS series are absolutely positively one of my all time favorite series! SPOILERS!:
MY Review:
I think these books were really really well written. I love how they were written from Kallik, Toklo and Lusa's points of view. I think it was amazing how they all started in different places, yet it made sense how they are set up. I have to say, up until book six, Lusa was totally my favorite. But the I started to really like Kallik as
Grace Cuenca
Sep 30, 2011 Grace Cuenca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that the book was great. My favorite part was when the bears saved the wild. They were clever to use the caribou stampede that could kill them to destroy the horrible human structure. They know that they went on this journey for a reason and then all of a sudden, their guide, Ujurak died saving them. All of them were sad but they got a knew companion, Yakone, the polar bear. It all settled in their hearts that they saved the wild and more like saved the whole world.
Claire
I told myself I wasn't going to cry. I told myself that this is Erin Hunter's writing, not John Steinbeck's, and it isn't worth leaking my eyes over.

I was only half-right. I didn't cry, but that doesn't mean I didn't get a little torn-up (even though I knew what was going to happen).

кαтє ♚ ʟɪᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ
SOOOO SAD!!!!! Why, Urajak, Why!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
blue
Today I remembered that my favourite character in this book dies and it makes me want to motherfucking sob hysterically.
Carter Delaney
This book was so sad. I was crying by the end.
Anthony
this book was one of the sadist one of them all. because a certian bear leaves forever.
Ajax Coriander
Mar 13, 2015 Ajax Coriander rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Seekers: The whole first series.

Wow, where do I start with this one?

About a year ago, I was on a trip, and I picked up a random book from a book store. It had bears on it, and was like “Sure, what the hell?”. So after that, life got in the way, and it got pushed to the side for other books and other projects.

Well about three months ago, something had me pick it up and finally read the thing. I couldn’t put it down… The urge to read just went on and on, and the second I finished it, I went to tr
Kristine Narita
Sep 28, 2016 Kristine Narita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BOOK! But it's so sad! Why did Ujurak have to die!?!?!?!?
Jasmine
Nitro Indigo
Aug 22, 2016 Nitro Indigo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like slow-paced adventures
Shelves: animal-fantasy
This review discusses the entire series, not just Spirits in the Stars.

Seekers (or Seeker Bears, as TV Tropes calls it for some reason) tells the story of four bears (although it's advertised as three) who journey across Canada to find the Place of Everlasting Ice (ie: the Arctic). To be honest, though, this series is one of the most boring things I've ever read. An awful lot of the books consist of the bears wandering around aimlessly, moaning about how hungry they are, and it becomes incredibl
A.R. Collins
Dec 20, 2014 A.R. Collins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
For me, this book is not a consistent three stars. It has its four-star moments, where it recaptures the quality of the first four books, and there is once again some purpose to what the bears are doing (unlike in book five). The characterisation is as good as it ever was; we can see how the characters have changed during their journey, and how they have stayed the same.

Then there are the two-star moments, for example, the hints that this isn't really the last book at all but the Erin Hunters ha
Anna
Dec 14, 2014 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: seekers
Our heroes came a long way since they started their journey to the Endless Ice. Toklo turned from a grumpy irritable cub into a strong bear and a true leader. Lusa learnt to live in the wild; moreover, due to her living in the Bear Bowl for some time she gained a broader mental outlook than her friends. Kallik is ready to follow her mother's path and take responsibility for others. Ujurak finally discovered his place in the world. Now four bears reached their destination. It's time for them to s ...more
Ashley
May 20, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ash
Sep 10, 2011 Ash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well the reason I gave this book 4 stars instead of 5 is simply because I REALLY REAALY Liked it but it wasnt AMAAAZZZZZZZIIIING (the end was amazing though)

Read no further if you didn't finish the first 3 books.

After the bears reached The Last Great Wilderness I wasn't sure if the author planned about what will happen next (which is the next THREE books)because the 4th book was a total crap in my opinion, or it wasn't good enough. Well after two books the three bears were following Ujurak to
Alyssa
Nov 22, 2016 Alyssa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
November book report
Seekers: Spirits in the stars
Erin Hunter
Seekers is about four bears, Kallik (a polar bear), Lusa (a black bear), Toklo, and Ujurak (they are both brown bears, however Ujurak can shapeshift) and their quest to save the Wild. Travelling to Star Island and meeting sick polar bears, the friends immediately try to help them and restore the spirits to the sky. The four friends start by telling the white bears not to eat the seals, as that is what is making them sick. Soon the frie
Bellaforbiddenedward (Stephanie Nan)
Erin Hunter uses a great way to teach young teens and children about global warming and the effects of climate change by writing about it in the POV of animals. This story mainly focuses on deep sea drilling and how animals are affected by it. Until I read this book, I hadn't really thought about how human overpopulation has affected animals. Seals are getting sick because of the oil they are breathing in and the fish they are eating. As it goes up the food chain, the amount of pollutants increa ...more
~Megan~
Sep 15, 2011 ~Megan~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one was quite a bit better than I expected. The past few books in this series haven't been that great--not much happened to make the plot progress. Spirits in the Stars, though quite unrealistic in parts, was overall well-done (of course, the Warriors books aren't terribly realistic, but they're my favorites, so I probably shouldn't complain). I thought the emotions of the characters were shown better in this book than in some of the others, as well.
Megan
May 02, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kzwolf
Mar 15, 2014 Kzwolf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: awesome-books
Well, it was an OK book. I like Erin hunter and the way she makes you feel like you are walking right next to the bears. This book helped me realize what i want to do when i grow up because it talks a lot about the oil and how it affects animal and now i know that i want to put a stop to that.

Comment Kissmi if you cried when she had to give him up. I sure did!
Kayla
Jun 03, 2011 Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: seekers
This was a fairly good book, however the beginning was slow.... After the book finally picked up it started to hold my interest.

The ending to me was a sad ending. One of the main characters dies and Kallik is forced to make a difficult decision. I am wondering if this will be the end of the bears adventures. Or will the Erins Continue to write?
Anika
Jul 12, 2013 Anika rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a really good series, like i say about every book.:) It was interesting the whole way through, it was also a good story with bears in it. I liked how each chapter was about how each bear was feeling. like i said before REALLY good book. I did give a four star, only cause the other books in the series where better.
Hannah Keller
Sep 20, 2016 Hannah Keller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: in-class-reading
I really liked Spirits in the Stars because I like adventure books when they include animals.Toby one of the characters was a small baby brown bear who was described well in the book. I also liked the setting because I like snow there was fluffy snow in the book. Another thing I liked about the book was the way the characters hunted.
Lindeylove
Nov 09, 2012 Lindeylove rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spirits in the Stars is all about how one big grizzly bears mother told him - right before she died, that she would always be with him in the stars. The grizzly has many strange dreams about how lonely he felt, and how on day he would be reunited with him mother.
Stephanie
I would really only give this book 2.5 stars if that were possible. It was only slightly better then the first one. I didn't like that the author killed off one of the more interesting characters, but I did like Kalliks relationship with the little bear cub Kissime.
Darren
May 27, 2011 Darren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Darren by: Linda Stewart
The most awesome book in a really fantastic series. I really loved the Seekers. I wonder if they're going to do another set of 6 books. This one had me crying all during the last several chapters. Remember to have a box of tissues handy near the end.
Ron
Jul 23, 2013 Ron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elementary
This is the last book in the 6 book series. If I had been writing these, I would have made them a trilogy. I thought they got long at times (for an adult), but a kid would probably love them all. These have a very pro-environmental message.
Justin G.
Sep 23, 2013 Justin G. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This books has conflict over and over again. I felt sad at the end because one of the main characters dies at the end. This book and the series has chapters that represents one of the characters actions and thoughts.
Lusa or Kallik? 10 18 Dec 02, 2013 09:39AM
  • Watch Wolf (Wolves of the Beyond, #3)
  • Lost Tales Of Ga'Hoole (Guardians Of Ga'hoole)
  • Varjak Paw  (Varjak Paw #1)
  • Artifacts
Erin Hunter is the pseudonym of five people: Kate Cary, Cherith Baldry, Tui T. Sutherland, Gillian Phillips, and Inbali Iserles, as well as editor Victoria Holmes. Together, they write the Warriors series as well as the Seekers series. Erin Hunter is working on a new series now called Survivors.

Erin Hunter is inspired by a love of cats and a fascination with the ferocity of the natural world. As
More about Erin Hunter...

Seekers (6 books)
  • The Quest Begins (Seekers, #1)
  • Great Bear Lake (Seekers, #2)
  • Smoke Mountain (Seekers, #3)
  • The Last Wilderness (Seekers, #4)
  • Fire in the Sky (Seekers, #5)

“We can't save everyone...not all the time.” 11 likes