Start by marking “The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Templar Conspiracy (Templar, #4)

The Templar Conspiracy (Templar #4)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  448 ratings  ·  42 reviews
In Rome, the assassination of the Pope on Christmas Day sets off a massive investigation that stretches across the globe. But behind the veil of Rex Deus-the Templar cabal that silently wields power in the twenty-first century-the plot has only just begun. When retired Army Ranger Lt. Col. John Holliday uncovers the true motive behind the pontiff's murder, he must unravel ...more
Audio CD
Published January 25th 2011 by Tantor Media (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Templar Conspiracy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Templar Conspiracy

Debbie
"The Templar Conspiracy" is an action thriller that reminded me of early James Bond movies: non-stop action but little character development. Peggy and Holliday were gutsy and engaging, but we didn't get to know them very well (which is fine for a thriller).

The suspense was created by near-constant physical danger to the main characters (and others). However, since the main characters seemed confident of their ability to handle the danger, I never really worried for them and that cut down on the
John Montagne
This barely received that second star... Why the two stars? It is what it is... an action Dan Brownish-Tom Clancy thing. The villain knows everything - and is pretty dumb in my opinion, could have had the heroes offed on multiple occasions. Names.... why are the names of the heroes and some of the villains in these style books like 'Dirk', Lance, Strongarm, etc. - last name of the hero in this one is Holliday - so they call him Doc Holliday? Hmmm... is he a doctor? No. Does he like westerns or h ...more
Melissa
Was somewhat disappointed it really had nothing to do with the Knight's Templar. Plot was pretty good though. A lot of things I like were mentioned such as an Audi A8, The NY Giants, and even Colin Farrell. I read this book in less than two days it was that good. I like Doc Holliday he's a character I could follow.
John
Well, I've tried to review this multiple times but good reads keeps locking me out partway through so....here's the short version.

It's an action thriller. Don't expect the great American novel. If you want character development, go back to the first in the series. Read them in order or you won't understand a lot of it.

They're fun and I enjoy them. Now for a couple of issues........SPOILERS

Why don't they track down Holliday's little spider when he goes in towards the end of the book? They're carr
Tom Russell
I had high hopes for this book when I picked it up. Unfortunately, those expectations went unmet. It could be because this is the second fourth in a series and I haven't read the first one three. To be honest I only finished this book so I'd be able to write an honest review of it.

With a title like "The Templar Conspiracy" however, one might expect to actually see some mention of those fabled knights. While they are mentioned in passing, I never really felt the wieght of mystery one usually get
Matt
It's Christmas Day, the pope has been murdered, and world has been turned on its head. Christopher opens his latest book with this revelation and it builds from there. The book is tied to its predecesor, in which politics plays the central role. I love a good political thriller where the author can toss in some templar mystery.

Another thoroughly enjoyable book in the series. Where was this intensity in the Finn Ryan series? While those ones fell flat as the books move on, the Holliday series kee
Rita McDowell
Excellent and Exciting!

Once again the bar was raised and surpassed! From beginning to end you will inhale every word that grabs your attention! Well worth reading and definitely
Bella Richardson
This series has just tanked. I enjoyed the previous novels, and was hoping the story would end in the last book. This book jumped around a lot, was just too crazy. Will not read any more in this series.
Timothy
This one just didn't click with me. The "logical" conclusions that lead the main characters into their decisions seemed more like a leap of faith rather than deductions, and the global conspiracy leading to assassinations along with the reasoning behind them just made me want the book to be over so I could not read anything else in this series. It even brought back a character from the series' past (from the dead) to save the main characters at one point. Apparently this was the fourth book in t ...more
Tony
Creative mystery in series which author Christopher has stamped with his own style. Believe this one competes with Dan Brown in genre.
Stephen
This is a normal chase novel. People who haven't read the first three will feel like there is no character development. They'll also complain that there really is not a lot dealing with the original Knights Templar. For them: READ THE FIRST BOOK. This series deals with the inheritance of the Templars. This book in particular pushes the characters to the limits and continues to develop more of the secret societies in the world that are vying for the relics left by the Templars.
John
I really enjoyed it
Tes
Just ok. Not as suspenseful or entertaining as other authors. Filled a void.
Jim Short
Very convoluted plot. I also dislike stories where the villain seems to know everything and the heroes and constantly in the dark. Rather frustrating book and nothing seemed to be resolved in the overall (multi-book spanning) theme. I get the impression this book was written to fulfill a contract not because there was actually something worthwhile to write.
Jamie
A sniper kills the Pope and several of his top men. But is this only a distraction? A prelude to the real target. For when a Pope dies there is always an American contingent to attend the funeral. If an American President or Vice President were to be killed then they must be replaced perhaps by a group of zealots with their own agenda.
LindaD
It's set in Rome, USA, and travels through several other countries. An international thriller about geopolitical forces.

I'm using it for my travel back through US on my atwi 80 trekker journey(doesn't count towards the 80, just necessary to stay on TREK from Mexico-US-Canada.

Peggy character is so annoying to me.
Stephen
fast paced lastest in the doc halliday series but felt this one didnt really do anythign for me , yes was easy to read but felt the author had gone abit dry and bored , the ending was a bit rushed which I hate in books , maybe the next one in the series will be back to how the series started
Peter Greenhalgh
Disappointing and not particularly well written. A bit too fast and furious, with predictable outcomes from a convoluted plot that doesn't really work. I was missing too much by not reading the other books in the series first – but I don't think I'll be reading them now!
Doug
The premuse of the book was a little farfetched. The story was very interesting beacuse of its international landscape but the finale played out too quickly. I would like to have seen the ending drawn out a little more.
Gabriel Neve
Not my favorite in the series. Now a whole lot about the Templars. More about things that already happened, global politics, and random characters. People getting kidnapped the same way three times, and very little wrap up.
Leonard
Really bad. Don't read Paul Christopher again.

Poorly edited. Gets details wrong. Very unlikely scenarios. Not very satisfying at all.

But a lot of action to keep your mind off what you are supposed to be doing.
Jerome Statema
This was an ok book, perhaps made more engaging by "deployment goggles". There were a few amateur-ish grammar/spelling/missing words errors, the plot kept things moving along, but I never felt too attached to it.
Julian Pecenco
I'm not sure why I even bothered listening this far in the series. Each book is interchangeable with the others, jumping from location to location with little sense of place, and essentially identical plotlines. Blah.
Byron Wright
While this falls into the easy to ready on a beach category, which I usually like, I found this book way to hokey. The dialog was horrible. It felt like the book version of a bad Schwarzenegger movie.
Bill Donhiser
A fun read, templars are only a very small part of the story. It reads like most action thrillers good guy, recurring bad guys. Great beach read or a diversion on a long plane trip
Jody
Really enjoyed the fast paced action in this one but I think I need to start from the beginning to get the whole picture with the nuances from the previous editions.
Tommy
This appears to be the 4th book in the Templar series by this author. He continues with the same main characters and tells a story contained to this book.
Betsy
Enjoyed it, but then again as a Catholic School educated critic, the idea of conspiracies of spies, the Church, and politics is just down my alley.
Robert
Just as manic as the preceding volumes, ignore rational thought and embrace the crazy and it's an entertaining, if not logical, read.
Phaedra221
A good conspiracy novel that holds your attention, even if some of the scenarios are too, too out there.
  • The Prophecy (Jonathon Payne & David Jones, #5)
  • The Nemesis Program (Ben Hope, #9)
  • The Lost Library
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
  • The Admiral's Mark (Cotton Malone, #0.5)
  • The Vault (Tyler Locke, #2)
  • The Tiger Warrior (Jack Howard, #4)
  • The Lazarus Vault
  • The Sacred Blood
  • Temple Of The Gods (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #8)
  • The Demon Code (Leo Tillman & Heather Kennedy, #2)
  • Black Sun (Hawker & Laidlaw, #2)
Paul Christopher is a pseudonym used by the author Christopher Hyde.

More about Paul Christopher...
The Sword Of The Templars (Templar, #1) The Templar Cross (Templar, #2) Michelangelo's Notebook (Finn Ryan, #1) The Templar Throne (Templar, #3) The Lucifer Gospel (Finn Ryan, #2)