Start by marking “Hidden Away (KGI, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hidden Away (KGI, #3)

Hidden Away (KGI #3)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  12,372 ratings  ·  617 reviews
A man who shoots first and asks questions later…

Most people would take an all-expenses-paid trip to the beach in a heartbeat. Garrett Kelly only accepts to keep tabs on Sarah Daniels, who’s in hiding after witnessing a murder by Marcus Lattimer, her half-brother—and a personal enemy of KGI. This gig may be beneath a disciplined soldier like Garrett, but if he gets a shot a
Published March 1st 2011 by Penguin Group (USA) (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hidden Away

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesReflected in You by Sylvia Day
Some Like It Hot Favourites
182nd out of 675 books — 339 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireKiss of Snow by Nalini Singh
Best Hot Romances of 2011
37th out of 72 books — 148 voters

More lists with this book...

5 stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

GAWD I love Garrett!

Favorite quotes:

**********Possible spoiler**********

"And just so you know, Sarah, I'm going to make love to you. I don't give a damn if it kills me in the process. I'm going to have you. You're going to sleep in my bed, in my arms, your skin against mine. I want the last thing you feel before you go to sleep is me inside you, and the first thing you know when you wake up."

"I want to savor you all night," he said in a rough, husk
Mar 08, 2011 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense
I liked it! I was kind of prepared not to, because there have been mixed reviews, but I ended up liking it just fine. Bear in mind that's there's not a whole heck of a lot of suspense going on here--this book is more about the relationship between the hero (the gruff but lovable former loner not looking for love, Garrett Kelly) and lovely, damaged heroine Sarah Daniels, a former foster child with only a half-brother-with-a-bad-rep for family.

The plot's kind of simple and easy to follo
This was one of those books when you exclaim “What the hell happened?” when it ends. Because I didn’t get it. Well, I didn’t get where the blurb came from? Because the story and the blurb didn’t mesh.

But let’s start at the beginning. It was slow. Very slow. Very, very slow. Something happened in the first chapter, then we had chapter after chapter of nothing happening, then she disappeared, there was a birth (which had nothing to do with the main story, by the way), he found her again, something
You can say it, Sarah. You were raped. You were violated. You were attacked by someone you trusted.

You have to leave your reality-glasses in the other room while reading this book! Lol! After six Maya Banks books it is clear that she has a soft spot for broken and traumatized heroine. And so do I. But this was the third rape-recovery book I've read in a short time span, and I need a break from them.

I loved Garrett. I loved the part on the paradise island. Big swoon when he brought her a basket w
I just don't buy it. Not the book (I bought the book), the story.

It was a ridiculous concept and premise, but that's ok because this was suppose to be a romantic suspense. But it wasn't especially suspenseful. Garrett was suppose to be protecting Sarah, but there wasn't all that much protecting, just a lot of running away. So the whole thing ended up just being a big sort of let down. Was the threat as big as they were saying? It didn't seem to be, there wasn't enough drama. See? I don't by it!

The third book in Maya Banks' KGI series. Garrett Kelly accepts an assignment to watch Sarah Daniels, the half sister of his nemesis, Marcus Lattimer. He doesn't expect to fall for her. What is it about those Kelly brothers? There should be a law against so many hunky men in one family. I mean, come one, throw a little skinny nerd in there or something! LOL! JK! Great addition to the series.
This one is reaaaally tough for me to rate. See, I love Garrett. I have loved him since the first book. And I thought Sarah was a fantastic heroine, a real survivor, and absolutely not a doormat.

But here's the thing...

(view spoiler)
Favorite Quote: “He made her stupid. Completely and utterly stupid.”

Hidden Away is the third book in Maya Banks’ KGI series. This is Garrett’s book. In the first book, I loved Garrett. He was a total badass with a soft and sweet side. He was tender and loving towards his sister-in-law who had been kidnapped and left for dead. In the second book, Garrett was a bit of an arse. Okay, he was a total arse. I’ve been looking forward to his book so I could finally know who the real Garrett was. Well, i
Tilly Slaton
To say that I am extremely disappointed in this book would be an overstatement. The other books in this series have not had better impressions so I suppose I was expecting to be bummed.

I do not much care for this series. I do not like the books so far. The only thing the KGI series has going for it is the characters...And the characters rock!

Hidden away is the KGI series story about Garrett and Sarah.

Garrett is sent on a mission that brings his agonizing nightmare of a past to life. He is forced
Sarah Daniels is trying to take her life back, along with her sanity after being raped by her former boss (Alan Cross) while his brother (Stanley Cross) restrained her and watched the attack.* Broken and afraid, Sarah confesses the incident to her beloved half brother, Marcus Lattimer, who is hell bent on exacting revenge against both of the Cross brothers. Before Marcus whisks Sarah away to a quite location to heal, he tracks down and murders Alan in cold blood. Sarah witnesses the aftermath of ...more
Willow Brook
Another enjoyable installment in the KGI series about the formidable Kelly brothers, though this one had enough things that bugged me to make it my least favorite book so far. My biggest issue was the heroine, Sarah. From the get-go, when she is described as having acquaintances but no close friends, I was shaking my head. Maybe because I just spent the past month not being able to spend time with my closest friends and it was driving me a little batty. I get that she was a foster child and has ...more
This book was way not to KGI standards at all. It started well enough. With the line "Would you prefer to die sitting or standing?" thrown in, I was prepared for bad ass action from page one.

But sad to say that any resemblance of action-adventure-suspense promised, was withheld to give way for:- beach frolicking, car crash, child birth, then some more beach frolicking. The only part that held my interest was the hilarious banter between Garrett and Van.

I also have some very serious issues with
3.5 Star Romantic Suspense

I couldn't go to sleep without posting the review, and its 1:45 am in the morning and I have work tomorrow *groans*

It feels like it has been forever since I picked up my first KGI novel, The Darkest Hour which shot Maya Banks right into the top of my favorite romantic suspense authors list. The second novel that came out entitled No Place to Run was equally intense as it was emotional and since then I have been on tenterhooks waiting for the release day of Hidden Away
Re-Read via audible - I have to mark down to 3.5 stars. (was 4 stars)

I still love Garrett! But what he did to Sara? Whew. I was not ok with how easy he got off. He gives her a pretty speech and she folds. I thought he needed to have to work harder. But I guess I am ok because I believe he would have done the work.

Garrett is a sweet guy behind all the muscles. Sara is living with a horrible secret. Unfortunately, when you start a relationship on a lie, someone is going to get hurt.

I like this se
The Garrett of this book wasn't quite the same as the Garrett of the previous books (the man who nursed his sister-in-law after she miscarried is suddenly a big macho doof who doesn't understand women? Oh please.) And there were far more typos and grammatical errors than I'd expect to find in a book by a major publisher. Still, enjoyed it a lot.
I have to admit that as KGI books go, this one was a little bit disappointing. I haven’t had this many issues with the first two books combined… But I’ll explain more as I go.
I absolutely loved seeing all the Kelly family again. They were wonderful as always. Garrett and Sophie in the hospital were so damn funny too.
I cannot wait to read about PJ or Donovan.

I had such high hopes for Garrett Kelly. I expected him to find a woman who wouldn’t take any of his crap. She would be just as strong-m
Started out fairly strong and then fizzled into boredom. Which is too bad because I really liked the first one. I think the plot was too formulaic. After awhile you just knew what was going to happen so it didn't seem worth it to keep on. The whole business with him having lied to her about working for her brother was an example. You didn't even have to wonder 'hmm how's that going to turn out?' No suprises in the plot really. Darn you just never can tell with Maya Banks. She's very hit or miss ...more

Hidden Away es el tercer libro de la serie KGI, creada por Maya Banks y narra la historia de Garrett y Sarah.
Este tercer libro tiene una progresion mas lenta, mientras que la historia de Sam empezaba muy rapido y estaba llena de accion desde el principio, Hidden Away tiene un ritmo mas pausado y da la sensacion de que le cuesta un poco arrancar pero cuando llegas a la mitad hay tanta accion que te da miedo parpadear por si te pierdes algo.
Aun me quedan bastantes libros de esta saga pero ahora mi
Crystal~BIG book addict~
3.5 Stars
*** 4.5 Stars***

I am definately in love:) .....I had a feeling that I would love Garrett when we got glimpses of him in the other 2 books and I wasn't wrong.

He is one hell of a sexy man who realises that Sarah has been hurt before and although he wants her he takes it slow and easy and waits until he feels she is ready. This means there isn't an awful lot of steam in this book but I think that is understandable considering Sarah's past and had Ms Banks written any sex scenes earlier in the story
I've really enjoyed this series, I've read it a bit out of order but it doesn't seem to hurt it any.

Sara (h) is on the run and in hiding. After she confesses to her brother ( a very dangerous man who tries to keep her separate from his life of crime) that a man she works for has hurt her horribly, she witnesses her brother murdering him. While she's not sad that this man is dead, she runs so that no one can use her to put her brother away, it's the only way for her to protect him.

Garrett (H) ha
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
My favorite of the series so far!

Series Review, Books #1-3
The Kelly/KGI Series is a dark and sinfully sexy romantic suspense series that centers on a tight-knit military family, the Kelly’s. There are six Kelly brothers, all of whom served in different branches of the military and together form a special private security agency called the Kelly Group International, which take on the missions that even the government can’t handle. These brothers are hard-bodied, sexy alpha males that will have yo
Cette série est juste géniale. Encore un excellent tome avec cette fois Garrett qui doit protéger la sœur de son ennemi juré. Une belle histoire servie par une trame de fond assez solide et qui ne faiblit pas jusqu'à la page de fin. Décidément, la famille Kelly est vraiment top :)
I love, love, love this series! The heroes are amazing, and the heroines are strong enough to take care of themselves in most situations, but smart enough to accept help and protection when they need it. If pressed I think I would have to say that this is my least favorite of the three books, but considering I gave it 5 stars, there's not a big distinction between the best and the worst. On another day I might choose a different one to be my least favorite! :) The only slight quibble I have abou ...more

What a wonderful book. Garrett was everthing I expected, hoped for and then some. I think you definitely need to read at least the second book before this one as there is quite a bit of rehashing previous events.

I am especially looking forward to books (please please please!) about Rio, Steele and Donovan. There is also some foreshadowing about a possible story involving PJ and Cole and I can tell it will be good.

My favorite part of the "end" involved angsty teenager Rusty and the Kelly
5 Swooning Over Garrett Kelly Stars!

Once again, I am kicking myself because I did not jump on the "Kelly" train sooner, seriously, how the hell did I not know about these books?

At the end of each book I find myself thinking, "there is no way Banks could possibly top that" and with the start of each new book I realise I am wrong, she does not simply top the previous book, she absolutely decimates it!

I am a total sucker for the seemingly surly, reclusive, alpha male and Garrett Kelly filled that
Long story short? I would rate this 4 stars but not many combat scenes (highly disappointed) and I decided to stay content with 3 stars then.

Nothing much happened in the book. It focused more on the romance between Garrett and Sarah. I didn't impress with how things turned up for Marcus Lattimer and Stanley Cross. In regards of Marcus, for someone who was deadly and lethal, he's easily killed. To add incredulity, by accident. Stanley Cross on the other hand, is dead too but with vague detail of
Garrett takes a babysitting mission to keep an eye on his sworn enemy, Marcus Lattimer’s, half sister Sarah.

From the previous two books in this series, I loved Garrett. So of course I was anxious for his novel, so much so that I pre-ordered.

With that being said, I was vastly disappointed with his story. I found myself skipping chunks of pages that just dully rambled on about absolutely nothing. Especially the parts featuring Steele and his team. I guess I was expecting a little more excitement
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please combine edition 8 25 May 04, 2014 09:01AM
The World of Maya...: 3. Hidden Away 12 38 Mar 30, 2014 05:27PM
Romance Lovers fo...: Hidden Away (KGI #3) by Maya Banks; Start Date: March 20, 2013 61 36 Mar 29, 2013 07:29AM
  • Take No Prisoners (Black Ops, #2)
  • Breaking Point (I-Team, #5)
  • Sweet Reward (Last Chance Rescue, #9)
  • Shoot to Thrill (Passion For Danger, #1)
  • Live Wire (Elite Ops, #6)
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks...

KGI (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)
  • No Place to Run (KGI, #2)
  • Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4)
  • Echoes at Dawn (KGI, #5)
  • Shades of Gray (KGI, #6)
  • Forged in Steele (KGI, #7)
  • After the Storm (KGI, #8)
  • When Day Breaks (KGI, #9)
  • Darkest Before Dawn (KGI, #10)
  • Untitled (KGI, #11)
Rush (Breathless, #1) Fever (Breathless, #2) Burn (Breathless, #3) Sweet Surrender (Sweet, #1) The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)

“When would he learn that women never stayed where you put them?” 212 likes
“I'm getting the impression that women, in any form, scare you."
He shrugged. "They're the more violent species. And unpredictable. I'd rather take on a wild boar. You can't shoot women.”