Wendy Knits Lace: Essential Techniques and Patterns for Irresistible Everyday Lace

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  14 reviews
RANDOM HOUSE-Potter Craft Books: Wendy Knits Lace. At last; gorgeous lace projects you can knit and wear every day. When you are new to lace or a more adventuresome knitter; you will find plenty to occupy your needles. From a delicate camisole for layering a pullover sweater for fall or pretty hats; scarves; shawls and socks author Wendy D. Johnson invites you to knit lace...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Potter Craft

To ask other readers questions about Wendy Knits Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wendy Knits Lace

Alicia
This was one of the few knitting books where I actually read the information before the patterns. "Part 2: Lace Techniques" was written very clear and had great illustrations showing each type of fix, cast on, inc, and dec. I'm looking forward to trying some of the techniques she describes.

Part 3 has all the knitting patterns. They are lovely. I cannot wait to try a few. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone interesting in learning lace knitting.
Tonileg
Lovely book with lots of pictures as well as an organized picture table of contents in the back so you can quickly find your project.
This is for intermediate level knitters that can read and follow a pattern with lots of yarn overs and decreases. I just didn't see anything for myself except the three sock patterns which don't look very comfortable as the 'lace' holes push against your skin when you wear boots, but it could be comfortable in sandals (heels?).
144 pages and borrowed from the librar...more
Delia Turner
A nice book with 20 lace knitting projects for various skill levels, illustrated with attractive photos and with charts for the patterns. The introduction has some useful tips - the "lifeline" method of preventing dropped stitches and the "provisional cast-on" when you're going to start knitting in the other direction from your cast-on.
Like the other Wendy Knits books, this volume is nicely laid out with cute patterns and some really lovely photography. While basic knitting skills are required, it's front-loaded with instructions on how to execute some of the more advanced techniques that pop up throughout the patterns. I'm a serial shawl knitter so I'm hoping to give most of the patterns a whirl at some point, but really I bought it for the toe-up knee high pattern. I've been hording some lime green sock yarn for just such an...more
Leslie Jem
I'm not a lace knitter, but if I was, I'd want this book. Gorgeous photography.
Liz DeCoster
I got the ebook on my 3M app from the library; it was awful to the point of being unusable. The pictures were tiny, the charts were broken up, and it was just poorly formatted. However, the patterns themselves looked interesting, so I will be waiting for a print copy to judge the content.
Gemma
A master of both design and the well-written pattern uses her clear mind and articulate explanations to take us lucky knitters through the complexities of knitting lace. This book is just a pure pleasure. Thanks, Wendy!
Dr Gemma of CogKnitive
Donna Holmes
Very useful information and illustrations gathered in one place, though there are few things that will be truly new to the dedicated student of lace knitting. Some lovely patterns, including the Stacy shawl and the watch cap.
Harue Jules
Jul 08, 2012 Harue Jules is currently reading it
I cannot believe I am actually READING a knitting book, but since I never seem to take the time to read one, and as Wendy Johnson writes almost as well as she knits, I am enjoying it thus far. (^^)
Robin
I love Wendy Johnson patterns, socks, shawls, hats. This book includes many different uses of lace knitting from shawls to socks to sweaters and hats.
Cynthia Frazer
Patterns are gorgeous, but the lack of stitch counts and straight lines in charts when the markers dance between sections are problematic.
Fincalian
I really like the fingerless glove pattern. Maybe I'll try those after I get a little more practice knitting in.
Leslie
I definitely need to make this book a part of my personal library. Gorgeous patterns and easy to follow instructions.
WifeMomKnitter
Lots of really useful information concerning how to knit lace: different cast-ons, bind-offs, etc.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Shea
Shea marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Kerrie
Kerrie added it
Jul 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits Toe-Up Socks for Every Body: Adventurous Lace, Cables, and Colorwork from Wendy Knits Wendy Knits: My Never-Ending Adventures in Yarn Serpentine Socks: E-Pattern from Socks from the Toe Up (Potter Craft ePatterns) Norwegian Rose Socks: E-Pattern from Toe-Up Socks for Every Body