Start by marking “Wendy Knits Lace: Essential Techniques and Patterns for Irresistible Everyday Lace” as Want to Read:

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  15 reviews
With 20 original patterns for gorgeous lace shawls, sweaters, hats, gloves and of course socks, popular blogger and author Wendy Johnson provides thorough instruction on the best lace techniques for aspiring, experienced and advanced knitters.
Published August 23rd 2011 by Potter Craft

To ask other readers questions about Wendy Knits Lace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wendy Knits Lace

Alicia
This was one of the few knitting books where I actually read the information before the patterns. "Part 2: Lace Techniques" was written very clear and had great illustrations showing each type of fix, cast on, inc, and dec. I'm looking forward to trying some of the techniques she describes.

Part 3 has all the knitting patterns. They are lovely. I cannot wait to try a few. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone interesting in learning lace knitting.
Tonileg
Lovely book with lots of pictures as well as an organized picture table of contents in the back so you can quickly find your project.
This is for intermediate level knitters that can read and follow a pattern with lots of yarn overs and decreases. I just didn't see anything for myself except the three sock patterns which don't look very comfortable as the 'lace' holes push against your skin when you wear boots, but it could be comfortable in sandals (heels?).
144 pages and borrowed from the librar
Samantha
Excellent presentation with a variety of patterns from beginning lace to advanced. As a beginner with lace, I finished the watch cap with no problems and in less than three weeks. I am looking forward to working my way through the other patterns as well.
Delia Turner
A nice book with 20 lace knitting projects for various skill levels, illustrated with attractive photos and with charts for the patterns. The introduction has some useful tips - the "lifeline" method of preventing dropped stitches and the "provisional cast-on" when you're going to start knitting in the other direction from your cast-on.
Like the other Wendy Knits books, this volume is nicely laid out with cute patterns and some really lovely photography. While basic knitting skills are required, it's front-loaded with instructions on how to execute some of the more advanced techniques that pop up throughout the patterns. I'm a serial shawl knitter so I'm hoping to give most of the patterns a whirl at some point, but really I bought it for the toe-up knee high pattern. I've been hording some lime green sock yarn for just such an ...more
Leslie Jem
I'm not a lace knitter, but if I was, I'd want this book. Gorgeous photography.
Liz De Coster
I got the ebook on my 3M app from the library; it was awful to the point of being unusable. The pictures were tiny, the charts were broken up, and it was just poorly formatted. However, the patterns themselves looked interesting, so I will be waiting for a print copy to judge the content.
Gemma
A master of both design and the well-written pattern uses her clear mind and articulate explanations to take us lucky knitters through the complexities of knitting lace. This book is just a pure pleasure. Thanks, Wendy!
Dr Gemma of CogKnitive
Donna Holmes
Very useful information and illustrations gathered in one place, though there are few things that will be truly new to the dedicated student of lace knitting. Some lovely patterns, including the Stacy shawl and the watch cap.
Harue Jules
Jul 08, 2012 Harue Jules is currently reading it
I cannot believe I am actually READING a knitting book, but since I never seem to take the time to read one, and as Wendy Johnson writes almost as well as she knits, I am enjoying it thus far. (^^)
Robin
I love Wendy Johnson patterns, socks, shawls, hats. This book includes many different uses of lace knitting from shawls to socks to sweaters and hats.
Cynthia Frazer
Patterns are gorgeous, but the lack of stitch counts and straight lines in charts when the markers dance between sections are problematic.
Fincalian
I really like the fingerless glove pattern. Maybe I'll try those after I get a little more practice knitting in.
Leslie
I definitely need to make this book a part of my personal library. Gorgeous patterns and easy to follow instructions.
WifeMomKnitter
Lots of really useful information concerning how to knit lace: different cast-ons, bind-offs, etc.
Carol Barrick
Carol Barrick marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Pinky
Pinky marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Patti Stapleton
Patti Stapleton marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
cascasexton.com
cascasexton.com marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
  • Sock Innovation: Knitting Techniques & Patterns for One-Of-A-Kind Socks
  • Sock Knitting Master Class: Innovative Techniques + Patterns from Top Designers
  • Knit. Sock. Love.
  • The Knitter's Book of Socks: The Yarn Lover's Ultimate Guide to Creating Socks That Fit Well, Feel Great, and Last a Lifetime
  • Knitted Lace of Estonia
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • Finishing School: A Master Class for Knitters
  • More Sensational Knitted Socks
  • A Gathering of Lace
  • New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
  • Mastering Color Knitting: Simple Instructions for Stranded, Intarsia, and Double Knitting
  • Lace Style
  • Literary Knits: 30 Patterns Inspired by Favorite Books
  • 2-at-a-Time Socks: Revealed Inside. . . The Secret of Knitting Two at Once on One Circular Needle Works for any Sock Pattern!
  • The Essential Guide to Color Knitting Techniques
  • Aran Knitting: New and Expanded Edition
  • Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches, and More
Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits Toe-Up Socks for Every Body: Adventurous Lace, Cables, and Colorwork from Wendy Knits Wendy Knits: My Never-Ending Adventures in Yarn Serpentine Socks: E-Pattern from Socks from the Toe Up (Potter Craft ePatterns) Belle Epoque Thigh Highs and Kneesocks: E-Pattern from Toe-Up Socks for Every Body (Potter Craft ePatterns)