Start by marking “The Final Mission (Conard County, #25)” as Want to Read:
The Final Mission (Conard County, #25)

The Final Mission (Conard County & Conard County: The Next Generation #25)

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Dom Mason wants his sons to remember their mother as a hero, a loving wife and mother, a nurse and a soldier. He wants to let the past go, let the wounds heal.For the past two years, NCIS agent Courtney Tyson blamed herself for Mary Mason's death. She's determined to bring the killer to justice. But that means telling Dom the truth about how his wife died.

Neither of them e
Published April 19th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Final Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Final Mission

Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 18, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
This was a very good suspense story and also a very good love story with some great protagonists into whose minds and we get very good insight. I liked and respected them, I just had trouble identifying with them. They have rural and military lifestyles and down-home values that didn't quite resonate with mine, it was a little more 'too good to be true' than the rest of Rachel Lee's Conard County books.

I really liked (minor spoiler) (view spoiler)
Paige
Just as father of twin 7 year old boys Kyle and Todd, Dom Mason, is coming to terms with his wife's death; Courtney Tyson shows up questioning how 'accidental' her death really was.

Having a wife in the army always meant Dom knew she might never come back home, but he didn't realize just how much he blamed his wife subconsciously for choosing her career over her family until Courtney showed up.

Mary Mason was killed looking into a case for Naval Criminal Investigator, Courtney Tyson. For the past
Sarah Tooker
What a nice and easy romance after the darkness of "Christine Feehan -Dark Predator". I really enjoyed it. I'd forgotten how nice these books are and can be such a pleasure to read at times. I had read all of the initial "Conard County" series and because I don't read the harlequins that much anymore I didn't realize that there was a "next generation" part of the series.
Louise  Dunlap
Aug 06, 2011 Louise Dunlap added it
Shelves: romance
An excellent addition to Lee's Conard County series. I especially enjoyed the roll reversal -- a man who stays at home with the kids while his wife serves and the impact of her death on the family. Of course, this being a romance, our hero isn't alone for the rest of his life and I enjoyed their romance along with the resolution that occurs regarding his wife's death.
Donna
This book met all my expectations and was a fun, fast read. The romance and suspense were well balanced and the conclusion was satisfying. Dom was appealing and Courtney was great!
Ann  Lorz
I enjoyed this very much. The characters fit well together and the boys are enjoyable.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Conard County: The Next Generation
Lhenry
Sweet but slow moving. Like it, didn't love it.
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Jessica Winterbottom
Jessica Winterbottom marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Trisha Lovell
Trisha Lovell marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Hina
Hina marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Angelo Nacario
Angelo Nacario marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Lucy
Lucy added it
Nov 14, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
19673

Rachel Lee is a New York Times best-selling author and the winner of Six Romantic Times magazine Reviewers' Choice Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and is a five-time finalist for the Romance Writers of America's RITA® Award. She has penned a wide variety of
More about Rachel Lee...

Conard County & Conard County: The Next Generation (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • Exile's End   (Conard County, #1)
  • Cherokee Thunder (Conard County, #2)
  • Miss Emmaline and the Archangel (Conard County, #3)
  • Ironheart (Conard County, #4)
  • Lost Warriors (Conard County, #5)
  • Point of No Return (Conard County, #6)
  • Thunder Mountain (Conard County, #7)
  • A Question of Justice (Conard County, #8)
  • A Conard County Reckoning (Conard County, #9)
  • Nighthawk (Conard County, #10)
Shadows of Myth Miss Emmaline and the Archangel (Conard County, #3) Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8) Shadows of Prophecy A Soldier's Redemption (Conard County, #23)