Start by marking “Meddling with a Millionaire” as Want to Read:
Meddling with a Millionaire

Meddling with a Millionaire

3.53  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Emma Montgomery wouldn't be manipulated into marriage as part of Daddy's business deal--even if he cut off access to her trust fund until she complied. The talented jewelry designer would just make her own way. Or go down trying. Too bad her intended groom--maverick businessman and former crush Nathan Case--made her stubborn stance so difficult. The heat of his touch had h ...more
Published June 7th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Meddling with a Millionaire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meddling with a Millionaire

Saly
Jul 20, 2011 Saly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Saly by: Kate
This was a fun read. Emma's father has cut of her trust fund for the past ten months since he wants her to get married and settle down. Emma has never had to worry about money but now she's learning, she has a degree and has been designing jewelery for years but never took it that seriously. But she is determined not to do what her father wants, she wants love in her marriage and does not want to follow her parent's example.

She had a huge crush on her brother's friend Nathan when she was sixteen
Kate
Jul 08, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun debut novel by Cat Schield!

After reading it, I immediately checked out GoodReads to see if their was a previous book about the heroine's brother/hero's best friend and was very surprised to see that this is the author's first published book.

There's nothing new or earth-shattering about the plot (heiress being forced to marry to keep her trust fund), but it was well written and the characters were likeable.

She does have a prequel novella about the brother/friend on her website - -http://cat
Mojca
Apparently this was a debut novel. I’m sorry to say, it should’ve stayed in someone’s drawer. It was absolutely template. And if it’s possible to go “too template-y” Ms. Schield accomplished it. There was an uber-idiotic heroine (I hate those “I’m a woman hear me roar” types that coudn’t possibly roar, not even mewl if their lives depended on it) that also happens to be a spoiled heiress, a testosterone-filled hero with 18th century concept on love that also happens to be a millionaire, the forc ...more
Fernanda
This is the first installment of the Case brothers books and I liked it but not too much, because I felt like if the main character (Nathan Case) is practically forced to fell in love with the heroine who is forced into an arranged marriage .. Not that she doesnt want to, becasue shes been in love with Nathan since she was a teenager!!!But she says she doesnt love him, and doesnt want to marry him and when he wants to marry her she says she doesnt want marriage without love... so I dont get her. ...more
Debbie
Jul 17, 2011 Debbie rated it it was ok
One type of heroine I can't stand in romance novels is the one who has the "I don't need a man to take care of me because I'm superwoman and I can do everything on my own." attitude.
Christine (KizzieReads)
I mistaken read the second book first as I didn't know it was a trilogy. No where on Goodreads or the book itself says it is, but the blurb inside the books does.

The books was cute. A nice fluffy read, nothing too major. The only thing is, the one trope that I am getting sick of is the poor rich girl who has her trust fund taken away and has to make it on her own. The main character Emma spent 100,000 on shoes so her father makes her live on that amount for one year and she has to make it last.

T
Ada
Jan 22, 2014 Ada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una serie corta de Harlequin, como amo harlequin aunque a veces me saquen de quicio sus tramas, casaarse por obligación pfffff... en fin, Nathan fue un completo dolor de **** b8eno, todos suelen serlo. Emma, es más terca que una mula y aunque cae rendida me gusta que da la guerra hasta el último momento... ansiosa por leer el segundo.
Andrea Moreno
Dec 20, 2014 Andrea Moreno rated it it was ok
2.5 ...more
Ladyacct
Oct 30, 2011 Ladyacct rated it really liked it
Shelves: shorts
I really loved this short, (would have been happier if I would have read this one first before Sebastian's story). It took me no time at all to read, as I was hooked from the first page.

No typos/editing issues.
Laura Breck
Dec 14, 2011 Laura Breck rated it really liked it
Cat writes a compelling story. The action starts at a run, and keeps moving through the book. I read this so fast becasue it was hard to put it down.
Rachael Johns
Jul 16, 2011 Rachael Johns rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous Desire and a fabulous debut!! I'll definitely be looking out for more books from Cat!!
Angi Morgan
Mar 09, 2012 Angi Morgan rated it it was amazing
Loved this debut book. And look forward to the rest of the series!
Francoise Roseline
Francoise Roseline marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Tram
Tram rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Becky Ford
Becky Ford marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Maldheetah
Maldheetah rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2016
Serlina
Serlina marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Lisa Clarke
Lisa Clarke rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Meghan
Meghan added it
Feb 26, 2016
Elizabeth Obarr
Elizabeth Obarr rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2016
Reem19
Reem19 marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Norma Demby
Norma Demby rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Cat Schield lives in Minnesota with her daughter, Emily, their Burmese cats and a Doberman puppy. Winner of the Romance Writers of America 2010 Golden Heart for series contemporary romance, when she’s not writing sexy, romantic stories for Harlequin Desire, she can be found sailing with friends on the St. Croix River or more exotic locales like the Caribbean and Europe. Contact her at www.catschie ...more
More about Cat Schield...