Start by marking “The 12 Secrets of Highly Successful Women: A Portable Life Coach for Creative Women” as Want to Read:

Take the measure of women's success!
Popular creative coach Gail McMeekin, author of the bestselling "The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women," offers a wealth of advice for the specific challenges creative women face today: thinking too small, underestimating the need for change, fearing the future, and lacking of self-confidence.
McMeekin combines interviews with some of
Published July 15th 2011 by Conari Press

To ask other readers questions about The 12 Secrets of Highly Successful Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 12 Secrets of Highly Successful Women

Anita Dix-McLaughlin
Parts of the book offer sound business practices, while I am not into "new age" writing, some of the spirituality aspects are not in line with my beliefs.
Margot Note
"Authenticity is a key dynamic in relationships and support systems of all kinds. People want to feel that they know who we are and what we are about. When we live a false life, it is tedious and unfulfilling, and can even be dangerous" (42).

"You cannot be successful if you cannot control your thoughts. You must tune into your passion, remember whom you are here to serve, eliminate negative programming and people, and change your internal dialogue--drastically" (55).

"So, as women, we need to u
M. Jane Colette
Jan 19, 2017 M. Jane Colette rated it liked it
This book was not a right fit for me, but I can see how it could be very helpful for other personalities... which makes it very difficult to write a review! The good: well organized, well laid out, easy to read. The bad: so much of the content is... well, obvious. To me. But it might not be to YOU if you're at an earlier phase of the journey, right? Related: this book did not have to be this long. This is my criticism of everything right now, and perhaps speaks as much to my social media-and-Int ...more
Any Length
I did like this book as it has a lot of good things to say. However, I felt that it was sending women to have a bath and do exercise a little too often. I know we women need to make sure we do not turn into men, but a lot of the stuff suggested we do does not make a woman more effective but run even more ragged trying to find the time to actually have yet another bubble bath or behold the sunset.
Also there was an overemphasis on courses and networking. At some stage a woman actually has to start
Denise
Mar 29, 2012 Denise rated it really liked it
Read the whole book and loved it. Now I am going back through and actually doing the challenges. I didn't want to stop reading to do the work. I recommend that you do the challenges as you go though!
Cece
Audio-somewhat overly deep & very crunchy, tree hugger-ish! I'm only @ connecting to spirit as we define it.
Dianne Polome
Dianne Polome rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2014
Deb Brickner
Deb Brickner rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2012
Betsy Gray
Betsy Gray rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2016
Sheena
Sheena rated it it was ok
Apr 26, 2017
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2013
Molly
Molly rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2017
Robyn
Robyn rated it liked it
Apr 23, 2013
Kristal Madison
Kristal Madison rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2016
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Colored Ink
Colored Ink rated it did not like it
Jul 09, 2016
Alicia Barnes
Alicia Barnes rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Groundhogz
Groundhogz rated it it was ok
May 05, 2013
Melinda
Melinda rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2015
Elisa Johnston
Elisa Johnston rated it liked it
Sep 16, 2016
Chad
Chad rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2014
Robin
Robin rated it it was amazing
Jan 30, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Annie Chua
Annie Chua rated it liked it
Oct 31, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2011
Faye Taylor
Faye Taylor rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2013
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
I have been in the personal empowerment business since 1976 and feel grateful everyday to have had the opportunity to inspire and guide clients navigating the challenges of change for over 25 years. I began as a child and family therapist with a strong commitment to prevention programs. I then became fascinated with the concept of “why do so many people hate their jobs?” This question prompted me ...more
More about Gail McMeekin...

“Gather the best you have to offer and create a heartfelt, prosperous life full of purpose.” 5 likes