Start by marking “At Hidden Falls” as Want to Read:
At Hidden Falls

At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay #4)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  648 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Mysterious dreams draw costume designer Isabella Silviera to Angel’s Bay, the California coastal town where angels occasionally dance above the waves. Bestselling author Barbara Freethy enchants again in this emotional and compelling tale of family secrets, abiding friendships, and heart-touching romance.

Isabella’s drive to Angel’s Bay would
Published January 25th 2011 by Pocket Books (first published January 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about At Hidden Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Hidden Falls

Yine çok güzel bir Angel's Bay romanı okudum. Bu sefer merak unsuru biraz daha azdı, çözülmesi gereken bir olay yoktu. Yine de benim çok hoşuma gitti.

Nick Hartley bir mimar. Gençken bir oyuncuyu, Kendra'yı, hamile bırakmış ve evlenmişler. Ancak kadın kendisini terk edip gitmiş ve kızları Megan'ı da yanına almış. Birtakım nedenlerden ötürü Nick 10 yıl boyunca kızıyla neredeyse hiç görüşmemiş. Ancak Kendra bir başkasıyla evleneceğinden kızları Megan'ı yeniden Nick'e yollamış. Megan kendisini bırak
Let me start with telling you that I do not care for the "contemporary romance" genre. I avoid it. (Your question: Why did you read this then? Even the cover is 'Eww, yuck' ... I know. I'm part of a reading challenge this month that wants us to read a gazillion romance novels. I'm only in it for the competition, and I'm going to read these as fast I can to get the pain over with ---NOT because I like this genre! ) The next question may be: Why do you avoid this genre? They are so formulated and ...more
This is the first book of Barbara Freethy's books that I have ever read. It is set in the small coastal town of Angel's Bay,Cali. Isabella is the baby of her family and her only brother is the Chief of Police of Angel's Bay. She has the gift of sight and has been having dreams about a man that is running towards trouble and she is trying to help him. She has had dreams in the past that have told of a tragedy to come and has never acted on them. She is afraid her brother might be the one in this ...more
Third in the Angel's Bay series lineup, at Hidden Falls brings us closer to the highly anticipated end of the story for our small town residents. The story mostly surrounds the descendents of a shipwrecked group of people that founded the town some one hundred and fifty years ago. Again, with a lot of romance and suspence, Barbara Freethy has pulled us into the lives of many of Angel's Bay's inhabitants, and even some outsiders.

Costume Designer Isabella Silveira has been fighting her ins
Isabella Silveira has what some call sixth sense. She has the ability to see visions, often a forewarning of things that might happen in the future, but sometimes its snippets from the past. When her brother Nick sends her a necklace that he found in his uncle's house in Angel's Bay she starts having dreams of a shadowy figure,and it seems the person is in danger. She thinks it might be her brother Joe she is seeing because he has recently divorced, and moved permanently to Angel Bay after he in ...more
AT HIDDEN FALLS by Barbara Freethy is a contemporary romance with magical ties set in present day Angel's Bay,California.It is the fourth in the "Angel's Bay series" but can be read as a stand alone. Book one "Suddenly One Summer",Book two "One Shadow Beach",and Book three "In Shelter Cove". It is well written with depth and details. It has passion,suspense,mysterious dreams,a gift of sight,romance,love, secrets,betrayal,intrigue,family,heartbreak,family theater,sweet sensuality,mystery,and rede ...more
Lady Rogue
Once Upon
Book 4th of "Angels Bay Series", but it can be read as a stand alone and you will not feel you are missing details from the previous books.

The main character Isabella has the gift of sight, but she resents it. Even if she tries to avoid these dreams, she is forced to act upon her last one. She travels to the town of Hidden Falls thinking that her brother, who lives there is the one in trouble. On her way there she has an accident and discovers that the person in her dreams is her Saviour Nick, a
At Hidden Falls is book #4 in the Angel's Bay Series. I haven't read the other three before reading this one however it was a nice read and could be read as a stand alone book. This is the first book that I have read from author Barbara Freethy and I wasn't disappointed at all.

The author does a wonderful job with the characters Isabella and Nick. This was an enjoyable read and I was hooked from the beginning all the way to the end. I will definitively be on the look out for book #5.

* I have been
Książka naprawdę mi się spodobała i przypomina mi trochę cykl Lucky Harbor - Jill Shalvis. Znajdujemy tutaj opowieść, która dzieje się w Zatoce Aniołów. Mieszkańcy są ze sobą powiązani i dość dobrze opisani. Mamy tutaj miłość, tajemnice i wątek kryminalny. Książka naprawdę wciąga i dobrze się ją czyta.
I love that the Angels Bay stories build ontop of the previous stories yet they bring new characters and twists along with it. Just like the others, Nick & Isabella sucked me in! Still rooting for Joe & Charlotte! Bring on the next book!
Mary (BookHounds)
I dove into this story not realizing that it is part of a series called Angel Bay with a paranormal slant. Each main character has a psychic gift of sorts and in this case Isabella has the gift of "sight" where she can see the future and warn others of danger. I found the characters of Nick and Isabella unique and very likable with all of their flaws, mainly that they can see they are meant for each other. There are the usual twists and turns that build up the suspense and romance. If you are lo ...more
I liked it alot....great characters and the back story was great
#4 Angels's Bay Novel. Not as much tense drama as the first three.
Casey Dawes
This was the fourth book in the series that I read in very rapid succession. I found that this dragged in spots, maybe because I read them so close together. The problem with writing a series, is that you have to include enough information in the series for someone who reads them out of order, but it can be a bit redundant.

The story is still a good read...but when will Charlotte and Joe get together. Now I need to put the next book in the series on my wish list!.

Wrote about the experience of re
I liked the paranormal aspect of the novel (actually the only kinda paranormal I can stomach anymore are psychics) and I wished it played more of a center role in this story.

Everything else was just so...hard to get into. This is my first Barbara Freethy novel - perhaps a bad one to start off with but it seemed the most interesting.

I don't think I'll be reading any more from her, unless something really catches my eye. The romance was a tad too serious and the 'adventure' bits were a bit too rem
Love the author, didn't care for the book. For one thing, Isabella kept having visions of the past, which had nothing to do with any part of the story line. Then those kind of ended without resolution. And there were so many competing story lines. Isabella and Nick were competing with Nick's daughter Megan, Charlotte/Joe/Andrew triangle, Annie missing, paternity questions, Tory's life...just a bit too much.
This part 4 of the Angel's Bay series really lives up to its previous offerings. Barbara Freethy has once again grabbed my attention with another from her Angel's Bay series. I have trouble putting it down and can hardly wait to read the entire series.... Awesome reading... get it, you will be glad you did!!!
Another good installment in the Angel's Bay series. Good story, enough about past characters to keep you up-to-date without bogging the story down. The Charlotte/Joe saga continues. Hate to be against the Minister - but I really don't like Andrew. (Is this sounding too much like a soap?) - Well, Good book.
♥ Nell ♥
I really liked this book. I'm not much of a paranormal fan but, this element of the book wasn't a deterrent. Loved Isabella, and it was nice to see the relationship between her and her brother.
Off to read Charlotte's book! Can't wait!
Patricia Solla
Although this is part of a series, I thought this was a good stand-alone story. There was good action throughout the book. Liked the great background information pertaining to the main female character's pyshic connection.
not as good as I expected. Isabella and Megan both annoyed me. I thought Megan's attitude was too much in some places, way over the limit. Isabella's story wasn't as interesting as other characters.
I enjoy Barbara Freethy books and love the HIdden Falls stories, but found this one a little slow moving. However once you get into the story you need to see what happens
I really like this one!! Isabella and Nick were great and liked the supernatural aspect. This is a great series. I love following the common thread of the historic shipwreck.
4th in the Angel Bay series. I'm pretty invested in these characters. Freethy knows how to build a community, she makes you want to invest in the series to know how they're doing.
Another great book in the series..Returning characters,some new characters,and a great mystery plot..So anxious for the next book to be released..
I love this series in so many ways. I highly recommend that a reader start at the beginning of the series to get the most out of it.
Romance Writers of America
2012 RITA finalist in the Contemporary Single Title category
Another good read in this small-town series.
  • Summer at Seaside Cove
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
  • The Heart of Winter: The Toughest Girl in Town\Resolution\Mystery Lover
  • True Shot (True Trilogy, #3)
  • Slow Dancing on Price's Pier
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • Donovan's Child (Bravo Family, #30)
  • Soldier's Last Stand (H.O.T. Watch #6)
  • Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1)
  • The Man from Gossamer Ridge  (Cooper, #6)
  • Touchstone
  • A Home For Christmas (Angel Ridge, #2)
  • Silver Sparks (Barringer's Pass #1)
  • Currant Creek Valley (Hope's Crossing, #4)
  • Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (Playboys, #4)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • Stranded with Her Ex
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)
Don't Say a Word Just the Way You Are Ryan's Return Silent Run (Silent, #1) All She Ever Wanted