Start by marking “At Hidden Falls” as Want to Read:
At Hidden Falls

At Hidden Falls (Angel's Bay #4)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  742 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Mysterious dreams draw costume designer Isabella Silviera to Angel’s Bay, the California coastal town where angels occasionally dance above the waves. Bestselling author Barbara Freethy enchants again in this emotional and compelling tale of family secrets, abiding friendships, and heart-touching romance.

Isabella’s drive to Angel’s Bay would have ended in tragedy when he
Published January 25th 2011 by Pocket Books (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about At Hidden Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At Hidden Falls

Christine
Let me start with telling you that I do not care for the "contemporary romance" genre. I avoid it. (Your question: Why did you read this then? Even the cover is 'Eww, yuck' ... I know. I'm part of a reading challenge this month that wants us to read a gazillion romance novels. I'm only in it for the competition, and I'm going to read these as fast I can to get the pain over with ---NOT because I like this genre! ) The next question may be: Why do you avoid this genre? They are so formulated and ...more
Diana
Mar 26, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book of Barbara Freethy's books that I have ever read. It is set in the small coastal town of Angel's Bay,Cali. Isabella is the baby of her family and her only brother is the Chief of Police of Angel's Bay. She has the gift of sight and has been having dreams about a man that is running towards trouble and she is trying to help him. She has had dreams in the past that have told of a tragedy to come and has never acted on them. She is afraid her brother might be the one in this ...more
♥Jamie
Feb 21, 2013 ♥Jamie rated it really liked it
Third in the Angel's Bay series lineup, at Hidden Falls brings us closer to the highly anticipated end of the story for our small town residents. The story mostly surrounds the descendents of a shipwrecked group of people that founded the town some one hundred and fifty years ago. Again, with a lot of romance and suspence, Barbara Freethy has pulled us into the lives of many of Angel's Bay's inhabitants, and even some outsiders.

Summary:
Costume Designer Isabella Silveira has been fighting her ins
Brenda
Jan 30, 2011 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Isabella Silveira has what some call sixth sense. She has the ability to see visions, often a forewarning of things that might happen in the future, but sometimes its snippets from the past. When her brother Nick sends her a necklace that he found in his uncle's house in Angel's Bay she starts having dreams of a shadowy figure,and it seems the person is in danger. She thinks it might be her brother Joe she is seeing because he has recently divorced, and moved permanently to Angel Bay after he in ...more
April
Jan 26, 2011 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
AT HIDDEN FALLS by Barbara Freethy is a contemporary romance with magical ties set in present day Angel's Bay,California.It is the fourth in the "Angel's Bay series" but can be read as a stand alone. Book one "Suddenly One Summer",Book two "One Shadow Beach",and Book three "In Shelter Cove". It is well written with depth and details. It has passion,suspense,mysterious dreams,a gift of sight,romance,love, secrets,betrayal,intrigue,family,heartbreak,family theater,sweet sensuality,mystery,and rede ...more
Lady Rogue
Mar 14, 2011 Lady Rogue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Becky
Feb 21, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The 4th book in the Angel's Bay series. Has mystery, suspense, romance and bit of paranormal where the main character, Isabella Silviera, sister of Joe Silviera, has a special gift of the sixth sense. After receiving a beautiful pendant from Joe that was found in the house where Joe lives now which became his after his uncle died, she is having dreams of danger for a man in Angel's Bay. Not sure if the danger is for her brother or not, she heads to Angel's Bay. Coming into town, she is driven of ...more
Once Upon a Twilight
Book 4th of "Angels Bay Series", but it can be read as a stand alone and you will not feel you are missing details from the previous books.

The main character Isabella has the gift of sight, but she resents it. Even if she tries to avoid these dreams, she is forced to act upon her last one. She travels to the town of Hidden Falls thinking that her brother, who lives there is the one in trouble. On her way there she has an accident and discovers that the person in her dreams is her Saviour Nick, a
Chrissy
At Hidden Falls is book #4 in the Angel's Bay Series. I haven't read the other three before reading this one however it was a nice read and could be read as a stand alone book. This is the first book that I have read from author Barbara Freethy and I wasn't disappointed at all.

The author does a wonderful job with the characters Isabella and Nick. This was an enjoyable read and I was hooked from the beginning all the way to the end. I will definitively be on the look out for book #5.

* I have been
Mary (BookHounds)
I dove into this story not realizing that it is part of a series called Angel Bay with a paranormal slant. Each main character has a psychic gift of sorts and in this case Isabella has the gift of "sight" where she can see the future and warn others of danger. I found the characters of Nick and Isabella unique and very likable with all of their flaws, mainly that they can see they are meant for each other. There are the usual twists and turns that build up the suspense and romance. If you are lo ...more
Kim Pritt
Jun 30, 2016 Kim Pritt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent story in the Angel's Bay series. Slightly less exciting and a tad more predictable than the mysteries in books 1-3, but that in no way spoiled my enjoyment. I will be so sorry to not have these characters to read about any longer when I finish book 5.
Audrey Haley
Jun 03, 2016 Audrey Haley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love love love this series. From the first novel, I was hooked. The story line between the two main characters gets boring at times until the end. It's like that for each book I've read so far. I don't care really. I like the twist at the end of each book.
Casey Dawes
Aug 04, 2011 Casey Dawes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was the fourth book in the series that I read in very rapid succession. I found that this dragged in spots, maybe because I read them so close together. The problem with writing a series, is that you have to include enough information in the series for someone who reads them out of order, but it can be a bit redundant.

The story is still a good read...but when will Charlotte and Joe get together. Now I need to put the next book in the series on my wish list!.

Wrote about the experience of re
MaryLennox
I liked the paranormal aspect of the novel (actually the only kinda paranormal I can stomach anymore are psychics) and I wished it played more of a center role in this story.

Everything else was just so...hard to get into. This is my first Barbara Freethy novel - perhaps a bad one to start off with but it seemed the most interesting.

I don't think I'll be reading any more from her, unless something really catches my eye. The romance was a tad too serious and the 'adventure' bits were a bit too rem
Kim
Nov 14, 2012 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Love the author, didn't care for the book. For one thing, Isabella kept having visions of the past, which had nothing to do with any part of the story line. Then those kind of ended without resolution. And there were so many competing story lines. Isabella and Nick were competing with Nick's daughter Megan, Charlotte/Joe/Andrew triangle, Annie missing, paternity questions, Tory's life...just a bit too much.
Jeanne
Apr 12, 2016 Jeanne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The 4th book in the Angel's Fall series. The main characters are Isabella Silviera, sister of the chief of police and Nick Hartley, son of the Hartley family theater. The mystery element is a kidnapping. This small town with its heart warming people with their open arms, and, of course, small town gossip. But they mean well. A good read!!
Mindy
Jan 12, 2016 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this book.
I love all the characters. I really love how the past and the present gets all intertwined. How things happen for a reason.
The main characters are wonderful. They have detention. I loved getting to know them.
It can be a stand alone book but its also apart of a wonderful series. This book will leave you wanting to know more about hte secondary characters.
Jill
Jun 19, 2013 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This part 4 of the Angel's Bay series really lives up to its previous offerings. Barbara Freethy has once again grabbed my attention with another from her Angel's Bay series. I have trouble putting it down and can hardly wait to read the entire series.... Awesome reading... get it, you will be glad you did!!!
Esia_90
Apr 07, 2015 Esia_90 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Książka naprawdę mi się spodobała i przypomina mi trochę cykl Lucky Harbor - Jill Shalvis. Znajdujemy tutaj opowieść, która dzieje się w Zatoce Aniołów. Mieszkańcy są ze sobą powiązani i dość dobrze opisani. Mamy tutaj miłość, tajemnice i wątek kryminalny. Książka naprawdę wciąga i dobrze się ją czyta.
SJuhl4
Apr 06, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Another good installment in the Angel's Bay series. Good story, enough about past characters to keep you up-to-date without bogging the story down. The Charlotte/Joe saga continues. Hate to be against the Minister - but I really don't like Andrew. (Is this sounding too much like a soap?) - Well, Good book.
Evelyn Wilson
Dec 11, 2015 Evelyn Wilson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook-books-read
Suddenly One Summer, Jenna, Lexie, Reid; On Shadow Beach; The Shelter Cove; At Hidden Falls Isabella and Nick! SO good! AND Garden of Secrets, Charlotte, the doctor, her Mom, Monica, Joe, the Sheriff, Andrew the minister, this book I actually read first, I then bought the Angel's Bay series !!!
Stephanie
I love that the Angels Bay stories build ontop of the previous stories yet they bring new characters and twists along with it. Just like the others, Nick & Isabella sucked me in! Still rooting for Joe & Charlotte! Bring on the next book!
♥ Nell ♥
I really liked this book. I'm not much of a paranormal fan but, this element of the book wasn't a deterrent. Loved Isabella, and it was nice to see the relationship between her and her brother.
Off to read Charlotte's book! Can't wait!
Patricia Solla
Jul 06, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, pbs
Although this is part of a series, I thought this was a good stand-alone story. There was good action throughout the book. Liked the great background information pertaining to the main female character's pyshic connection.
Imaginereader
not as good as I expected. Isabella and Megan both annoyed me. I thought Megan's attitude was too much in some places, way over the limit. Isabella's story wasn't as interesting as other characters.
Cindy
Mar 05, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy Barbara Freethy books and love the HIdden Falls stories, but found this one a little slow moving. However once you get into the story you need to see what happens
Donna
Feb 07, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this one!! Isabella and Nick were great and liked the supernatural aspect. This is a great series. I love following the common thread of the historic shipwreck.
Michele
Mar 06, 2012 Michele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4th in the Angel Bay series. I'm pretty invested in these characters. Freethy knows how to build a community, she makes you want to invest in the series to know how they're doing.
Nancy Martinez
Mar 31, 2016 Nancy Martinez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book

A wonderful story it kept me guessing the entire time. It's great that someone's insight and vision helped find a kidnapped person
Karen
Jul 23, 2011 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great book in the series..Returning characters,some new characters,and a great mystery plot..So anxious for the next book to be released..
  • Summer at Seaside Cove
  • Any Given Christmas (Sugar Shack, #2)
  • The Heart of Winter: The Toughest Girl in Town\Resolution\Mystery Lover
  • True Shot (True Trilogy, #3)
  • Holly Lane (Destiny, #4)
  • Heartstrings and Diamond Rings (Playboys, #4)
  • A Bravo Homecoming (Bravo Family, #32)
  • Slow Dancing on Price's Pier
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
  • Cooper Vengeance  (Cooper, #7)
  • Silver Sparks (Barringer's Pass #1)
  • Out of Eden (The McGraws, #1)
  • Stranded with Her Ex
  • The Welcome Home Garden Club (Twilight, Texas, #4)
  • The Dare
  • Soldier's Last Stand (H.O.T. Watch #6)
  • A Cold Creek Holiday (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #6)
  • A Place Called Home
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara was traditionally publishe
More about Barbara Freethy...

Angel's Bay (5 books)
  • Suddenly One Summer (Angel's Bay #1)
  • On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay, #2)
  • In Shelter Cove (Angel's Bay, #3)
  • Garden of Secrets (Angel's Bay, #5)