Start by marking “Between the Sheets” as Want to Read:
Between the Sheets

Between the Sheets

Dana De Lacey, bestselling romance novelist, has the world at her feet. The words on the page flow easily and a new book deal beckons. But Dana's self-confidence and success depend on one person: her gorgeous husband, Gus. When Gus leaves her, she is devastated. The words fail to come. The alcohol flows too freely. She cannot sleep. When her estranged brother, Ed, arrives ...more
Paperback, Large Print, 464 pages
Published August 1st 2010 by ISIS Large Print Books (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Between the Sheets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between the Sheets

Declan
Jan 09, 2013 Declan rated it it was amazing
Well now!
First of all, I'm sure I wasn't the only one to notice the slightly anagramatic (is that a word? I've a feeling it mighn't be but I haven't had enough coffee yet to rouse myself to check my dictionary) name the central character is given. Is there a bit of 'meta fiction' going on here? Obviously, Dana de Lacey *isn't* Colette Caddle and that the story isn't based on her life, but having a novellist as a central character does make one think along those lines.
I loved this book. I was lef
Kristy Trauzzi
Aug 16, 2011 Kristy Trauzzi rated it it was amazing
To be fair - I am giving it five stars not for the book itself.

I did enjoy reading it. It was a cute story and I didn't mind the weird father/weird family part. After hearing about some catholic upbringing, it seems quite reasonable. Although prior to me growing up, I would not have guessed it. Maybe it has something to do with that easy repentance thing. Forgive me father for I have sinned.

The reason I gave this book 5 stars is because my 3 month old son was being grouchy today. I tried all hi
tessbehuniak
Mar 07, 2015 tessbehuniak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A truly unique and well written novel

I read this book from beginning to end in one day. I couldn't put it down. The story was a story in itself. I know I will 're-read it in months to come.
It's amazing to have the author keep you suspended. I felt all the joy and turmoil back and forth and over again.
I'm quite sure for some readers it would be like taking their own lives and putting it to the page.
I am an addicted reader. Reading countless books. Hundreds a year. Finding something to read with
Christina Rochester
Jun 23, 2015 Christina Rochester rated it really liked it
Okay so I really don't know how I feel about this book. It's light and fluffy, exactly what I'm looking for when I read chicklit, but at the same time there are so many layers to each of the characters.
I didn't entirely warm to Dana, and feel that she should have been able to trust Gus with her past. It is in fact Ed that I feel sorry for. To me it seems that Ed is the real victim in all of this and my heart really goes out to him.
This is definitely worth a read.
Kine Torstensen
Not normally a book I would pick (my sister lent it to me, as it is her favourite), but I did enjoy it after reading for a bit. It was hard to get into at first, but after a couple of chapters it flowed better. The characters in this book are very loveable and relatable, all very realistic. I could feel the pain of Dana and her brother.
The end was very good, and made me feel warm and fuzzy inside! A good summer read?
Louisa Eggleton
May 11, 2011 Louisa Eggleton rated it liked it
I didn't really "get into" this book and the last five chapters was probably it's saving grace. A book that made me appreciate my boring but relatively well adjusted childhood, and my wonderful, communicative, loving husband. I realise I am very lucky that the lines of communication are always open.
Melissa Meyer
Oct 06, 2012 Melissa Meyer rated it liked it
Shelves: on-my-shelf
I found the first couple of chapters really hard to get into. As the story started to unfold a bit more I really began to enjoy it. Not a favourite but I will probably read it again in a couple of years.
Carly Tume
Dec 29, 2013 Carly Tume rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book. To think someone could go through so much heartache and still be able to live. This story does drag a little bit and could have finished a few pages earlier. But still a good read altogether!
Mandy
May 17, 2012 Mandy rated it it was ok
I liked the idea behind it but honestly, it was badly written with clunky dialogue and some seriously shaky plot developments.
Caz Lopez
Feb 10, 2012 Caz Lopez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Great book. Took a long time to read for me as I was always busy but found time to finish it. One of the best endings I've read so far!
Suzanne
Jul 17, 2013 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, perfect summer reading, kept me interested, liked the story although got a little drawn out towards the end.
JTM
JTM rated it liked it
Feb 23, 2015
Kellie Mackrell
Mar 13, 2016 Kellie Mackrell rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book and did found it intriguing all the way through to the end.
Cynthia Tieu
Cynthia Tieu rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Blair
Blair rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2012
Malin Torstensen
Malin Torstensen rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Julesdkidd
Julesdkidd rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Victoria Davies
Victoria Davies rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Romily
Romily rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2015
Jalilah Hassan
Jalilah Hassan rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Rhiannan Allitt
Rhiannan Allitt rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Rebecca Leahy
Rebecca Leahy rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Erfox
Erfox rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2016
Janet
Janet rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2013
Cora Murray
Cora Murray rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
maria
maria rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Emily Green
good book
« previous 1 3 next »
203854
Born, bred and still living in Dublin's fair city...
More about Colette Caddle...